Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 

Starting to get nervous !!! pre-show jitters, day before pic added Show pics too :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lb-ranch

PostSubject: Starting to get nervous !!! pre-show jitters, day before pic added Show pics too :)   Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:33 pm

For the last few years as Show Mom, I never had problems coming up with my daughters "pack for show" list, but today I'm racking my brain and am sure I'm forgetting something for this weekend.
Kid had his first full bath today, he did ok but wasnt sure he liked the smell of oxy clean on his whites, he moved back and forth but for a baby was much better than I expected. I have hosed his legs clean before but not done him from head to foot. I'm going to bathe him again tomorrow morning then after he's dry we'll load up to head down for him to settle in and show him around the facilities tomorrow before the show Saturday.
I clipped his muzzle hairs, long hairs around and above his eyes (not the eyelashes) and under his jowl and poll area (ears were a no go, we've been slowly working at it and I can get near them with the clippers but once the bzzzzz actually touches the hair he moves too much and I dont want it to be a bad experience so it may not be this show having his ears done), mane is trimmed and ready to band. Fetlocks are trimmed and clean looking.
Halter is cleaned and in trailer.
I"ve got his feed, hay, buckets, grooming stuff (brushes, hoof pick)
after that I'm a total blank :roll:
I've put together a some what showable outfit for myself (I think) or at least something that shouldnt be too embarrassing to be seen in public with, not flashy but clean/neat westerny.
What am I missing !!!!!! other than my sanity, lost that years ago.
I need a Show Mommie myself now!!

turns out I'd forgotten, bedding, manure fork and muck bucket ;) lol
anyways the little boy had another bath and his tail braided, now when he swishes it it hits him so he's not too thrilled but he's smart enough to figure out not to swish, there's no flies in his stall so no reason to swing it around.
Once my husband gets home this aft we'll load up and head over to sussex.
here's kid after getting his bath.

totally bored, lol

Here's Grammy coming across the parking lot to see her grand "kid" in his first class :)
Glad you got there in time :)

first class

got 2 blue ribbons out of 3 classes.... well... ok, in one class he was the only horse but the other classes he wasnt ;) lol

Last edited by lb-ranch on Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
D-Cutch

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get nervous !!! pre-show jitters, day before pic added Show pics too :)   Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:55 pm

Good luck! You and Kid are going to do great :flower:

Poor Bailey can't tune in live to your performance like you can to her races!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
Freva

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get nervous !!! pre-show jitters, day before pic added Show pics too :)   Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:13 pm

Listening to your list brought back many forgotten memories. Fingers crossed for a good show. You and the Kid will do fine!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
Ellie*Mae

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get nervous !!! pre-show jitters, day before pic added Show pics too :)   Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:42 pm

You'll be fine!!!!! He is such a handsome boy, too!
Back to top Go down
naughty by nature

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get nervous !!! pre-show jitters, day before pic added Show pics too :)   Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:08 pm

good luck. Only thing I can see that you forgot is a first aid kit my horse is accident prone I always have to travel with mine
Back to top Go down
charlo

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get nervous !!! pre-show jitters, day before pic added Show pics too :)   Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:25 pm

I found a great thing for white socks...corn starch and water. Wish I knew about it when I was showing the old mare. Make a nice paste, rub it into the sock, let dry, clean off...shining white socks. Ok to leave over night.

You are going to do great...Good luck, have fun and most importantly BREATHE!!!!!!! :flower: :http://www.cli :flower:
Back to top Go down
Caper Cowgirl

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get nervous !!! pre-show jitters, day before pic added Show pics too :)   Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:00 am

Its so much easier at times to be the mom.....

have a great show..take lots of pics
Back to top Go down
naughty by nature

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get nervous !!! pre-show jitters, day before pic added Show pics too :)   Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:28 pm

he looks great he's a really nice looking horse
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get nervous !!! pre-show jitters, day before pic added Show pics too :)   Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:28 am

WOO HOOOO....he looks terrific....but folks wont look for your pictures in this thread and they are definately worth looking at...........the kid looks amazing, and you certainly looked like you got yourself together in time!!!!!!!! I used to be at every show with the store and wondered why the kids showing needed 2 friends, mum dad and grandparents to help get ready............well, now we all know....it doesnt work without help and friends............GOOD FOR YOU.

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get nervous !!! pre-show jitters, day before pic added Show pics too :)   Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:52 am

I really needed a whole team with me. It seems the last second things you need a spare pair of legs to run for you. here's a few crazy things that I couldnt have gotten through without helpers.
Jane showing me how to band properly at midnight the night before the show, lol
Show morning I could have used someone who remembered that show started at 8, I thought 8:30 so needless to say I ended up being not ready. Heard them starting the show and figured I still will have lots of time between class 1 and 12 which I was in... nope, next announcement jumped from class 4 to 11 as there were no entries for 5-10.
Horse in stall in regular halter, rush to stall to change halter, realize show halter in trailer, run to trailer, throw halter on and run to arena for class, get in arena, kid jumps because weanling behind gets jumpy, lose hat into dirt, get set up and judge asks "where's your number?"
Forgot to pin number on me. try getting husbands attention on rail to go get it for me, he doesnt read lips well :roll: lol finally he figures out what I need and fetches it for me, waiting for next class we're in I realize crown of halter was twisted, so unbuckle and reset it while hubby starts to pin on back number, get one pin in and am called in for next class.
When you're the one showing it seems you cant multi task or think straight so thats wy everyone needs friends, helpers, parents, support staff and rubber room. lol!

All in all I did survive and will do it again, just next time I hope to be a little better prepared.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get nervous !!! pre-show jitters, day before pic added Show pics too :)   

Back to top Go down

Starting to get nervous !!! pre-show jitters, day before pic added Show pics too :)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1