Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Garage Door in a Run-in

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mypony

Garage Door in a Run-in Empty
PostSubject: Garage Door in a Run-in   Garage Door in a Run-in Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 4:53 pm

We are currently building a run-in for the boys. On one end of the barn will be a door, 7ftx8ft (I think) that will mostly be used to clean out the building. There will be a smaller door on the left of the building that will be open all the time. My husband wants to put a garage door on the end of the barn, but I don't want one. I think someone will get hurt. You know how there are the metal tracks, the metal hinges and other random metal parts.

Does any one here have a garage door in their run in that their horses have access too? What are your thoughts on this? What is your experience?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Garage Door in a Run-in   Garage Door in a Run-in Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 7:49 pm

I don't have any experience with garage doors in run-ins. My friend has one at the end of her barn, but it's a different kettle of fish because the horses aren't walking around loose in that area. I think we'd all agree though, that if there's something to get injured on, the horse will find it.

Garage Door in a Run-in 567870
Back to top Go down
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

PostSubject: Re: Garage Door in a Run-in   Garage Door in a Run-in Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 9:52 pm

I love the idea of using a garage door. Personally I don't think the horses would hurt it. I frequently use garage doors at the dairy barn I work at and they seem pretty heavy duty. Metal has less give then wood though.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Garage Door in a Run-in   Garage Door in a Run-in Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 11:19 pm

I wouldnt call mine a garage door................but it does slide and it is fairly big..............the only things that stick out are the two door closers to keep it tight against the wall during a storm......never had a problem with it.
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
~TC~

PostSubject: Re: Garage Door in a Run-in   Garage Door in a Run-in Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 7:55 am

That's a tough one. If it is the kind you haul up on a chain....there is little for them to bother with..
But If it is a smaller one and the tracks hang low...they could bump their heads on it...

Also, if they are near it when it is closed, they could do some damage if they get pushy near by...

My new barn has a huge sliding galvanized steel door.... The horses are not near it but if they were, they would need some serious artillery to bother it,...lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Garage Door in a Run-in   Garage Door in a Run-in Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Garage Door in a Run-in
Page 1 of 1