Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 

Easywalkers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
FoundationPaint

PostSubject: Easywalkers   Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:24 am

I was just wondering if anyone knows of any ferriers in Shubie/HRM/Hants area who uses Easy Walkers. I would really like to put a set on my 14 year old and would really like some PERSONAL experience/advice.

Thanks a LOT
Back to top Go down
~TC~

PostSubject: Re: Easywalkers   Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:35 am

Their website has a list of farriers that use them....

List in NS

I think this shoe is relatively new to the area... (I may be wrong)...it may be tough finding folks that have been using them for a while... However, they are becoming increasingly popular if so...

PostSubject: Re: Easywalkers   Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:42 am

We put some on one of our geldings a couple weeks back and so far are very pleased. Ours was the first ones our farrier has done so he took quite a while fitting them to make sure it was done right. He'll be added to the list soon, but he did say that since they do require a little more time and care to put on vs regular shoes that it would be a little higher cost for putting them on. Our gelding is shown on the easywalker canada website on the testamonials page, if you want to see some in action.
Back to top Go down
FoundationPaint

PostSubject: Re: Easywalkers   Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:09 am

So I just got off the phone with 2 ferriers who use easywalkers. Both said they wouldn't recommend the easywalkers unless there would be a lot of pavement riding. They said they weren't much different than a cork metal shoe with regards to winter trail riding. Thanks for the advice but I don't think I'm going to go with them after the recommendations I received.
Back to top Go down
rebel

PostSubject: Re: Easywalkers   Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:57 pm

Hi...I'd like to say that the Easywalkers have 1/8th the concussion of a steel shoe and better traction due to their rubber tread. They certainly do have an advantage over steel shoes on the pavement but it doesn't end there. The Easywalkers are scientifically designed to mimic the horses hoof in regards to flexion. With an unshod hoof, one heel can flex in an upward direction independently of the other heel. The Easywalkers flex in the same manner. This increased flexibility increases the blood flow to the hoof and helps it act as nature intended. One benefit we see is increased hoof growth with the first, and sometimes the second, shoeing. The increased blood flow seems to help the hoof capsule to expand...and grow. We've seen our horse, Ekko, who had some fairly serious lameness issues go up over a full shoe size in just under 7 months due to this increased hoof flexibility. One other benefit of the Easywalkers is that you don't have to worry about sole pressure. With a steel shoe you have to knife a "ledge" around the sole surface so that it doesn't touch the steel of the shoe. This lessens the weight bearing surface. With the low concussive properties of the Easywalker the shoe sits directly on the sole of the hoof. This increases the weight bearing surface of the hoof itself and thus lowers the pounds per square inch on the hoof. The Easywalkers have a wider web than a steel shoe...and the entire surface of the shoe is weight bearing...not just the part that touches the hoof from the white line out. I'm so sure you'll be satisfied with the Easywalkers that I'll give you a 30 day money back guarantee. If you're not satisfied with the Easywalkers, remove them and send them back within the first 30 days for a full refund. Nothing ventured...nothing gained.

Mike and Wendy Barriault
Easywalker Horseshoes Canada
(709) 783-EDGE (3343)

www.easywalkerhorseshoescanada.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Easywalkers   

Back to top Go down

Easywalkers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Custom Hats By Sue :: Keeping and Caring for Horses :: Around the Barn- general horse discussions-
Jump to: