Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Building a Barn!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dun Tru

Dun Tru

Building a Barn! Empty
PostSubject: Building a Barn!   Building a Barn! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 4:46 pm

HELP!! LOL

What are the steps one has to follow to build a barn? We have a quote for materials (rough one) from the local lumber mill, waiting on a quote for labour to put up the actual structure and strapping (we can put on the metal for the roof and the board and batten for the siding. But what needs to be done as far as inspection, and approval, do I need offical stamped blue prints etc???
Back to top Go down
http://www.meadowbrookstables.8k.com
jamel105

Building a Barn! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a Barn!   Building a Barn! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 10:22 pm

Not sure where you are located but usually you go to your municipal office and tell them what you are building ( barn and what size,how many stories ,type of floors and etc) and they will tell you the process and what permits you need. In NS you need a permit to at least start for any building structure.

So go to your municipality office first and foremost.You wouldn't want to start work then have them stop it as you didn't get permits or go through the proper channels.
M.
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

Building a Barn! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a Barn!   Building a Barn! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 9:28 am

Like Jamel said, go to the muncipality office in town - 1 Church St. You need to take a sketch of the barn (my builder provided me with this - done on AutoCAD or a similar program) with he demensions and I think a sketch of the property and where the barn will be located in relation to the road, house, well, septic and property line. Are you building a loft or 1 storey? Anything over 13 ft in height (if I remember correctly, it's 13 ft) will need an engineers stamp so go for a 1 storey with hay storage on the side if you can. That's what I built at my old place in Shubie. I probably still have the plans kicking around somewheres.

Then you have to pay the fee (based on square footage) and they will mail you a permit.

Who did you get a quote for for the labour?
Back to top Go down
Dun Tru

Dun Tru

Building a Barn! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a Barn!   Building a Barn! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 1:45 pm

We are skipping the barn idea and going with a mini tarp structure instead. It is 30x72, can hardly wait. The building arrived last weekend so now we just need to wait for the roads to open up so construction can begin! Also need to get the permits!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.meadowbrookstables.8k.com
Sponsored content

Building a Barn! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a Barn!   Building a Barn! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Building a Barn!
Page 1 of 1