Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Getting rolling on the South Shore.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Loves Color

Loves Color

Getting rolling on the South Shore. Empty
PostSubject: Getting rolling on the South Shore.   Getting rolling on the South Shore. Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 3:01 pm

Things are starting to come together here now. My daughter's mare is starting to act more like the nice horse that we bought 3 years ago. It was a rough start...she had more time off this winter (because of a bad fall my daughter had off her late last summer) and my daughter was extremely timid getting started for the same reason. But, with lots of help from my daughter's coach (who has been riding the mare instead of giving lessons) it looks like we have our nice mare back and my daughter is showing more interest in wanted to ride her mare herself. We also have been very lucky that a friend of our that has a very consistant gelding is letting my daughter ride him...this is really helping with her confidence. It has been a challege, with me not riding English at all and the mare being completly English; but, I see light at the end of the tunnel.

Also, my colt is home from the trainers (has been for about 2.5 weeks). Unfortunatley, I haven't been able to work with him yet because he was lame. He pulled up lame on his last week there; but, I had him out yesterday and he is no sound. So let the games begin.

And I had my second lesson last night with my new coach. I am so pleased that I decided to go. My coach is so easy to understand what she is trying to teach. And her horses are awesome! My first lesson I rode a pleasure mare she had there and last night I rode a little reiner. My first time on a reiner...I had a lot of fun.

Getting rolling on the South Shore. 366247
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Getting rolling on the South Shore. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting rolling on the South Shore.   Getting rolling on the South Shore. Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 7:29 pm

It sounds like things are coming along nicely. I hope your daughter gets her confidence back. It's hard to do. You guys are very lucky to have such great coaches available to you - and ones that have good horses. They are hard to come by, that's for sure! Hope your fellow gets better soon. Being lame is NO fun!
Back to top Go down

Getting rolling on the South Shore.
Page 1 of 1