Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

heaves

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
maclean288

heaves Empty
PostSubject: heaves   heaves Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 11:23 am

i have a horse, with heaves. we called the vet in last thrusday to give him a shot, but the shot will only stop the breathing problems so much. does anyone out there have any ideas about home remedies that will help
Back to top Go down
Fiere

Fiere

heaves Empty
PostSubject: Re: heaves   heaves Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 11:44 am

Keep them away from dust as best as possible, wet their hay down, turn them out 24/7 or darn near, don't sweep the barn if they are in it, etc. If they must be stalled, try to put them near a window and leave it open.
Back to top Go down
Bay-Lee

Bay-Lee

heaves Empty
PostSubject: Re: heaves   heaves Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 11:49 am

99.9% MSM....its a great anti- inflammatory and I know of a few horses who were maintained on it for a few years...
plus everything that Fiere said...especially the 24/7 turnout..
Back to top Go down
munchmom

heaves Empty
PostSubject: Re: heaves   heaves Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 8:17 am

I also have a heavey horse. He is on 24/7 turnout depending on the weather) and all his hay is steamed. I have a rubbermaid container with a snap on lid that will hold a whole bale of hay - about $22. I put a bale in, pour a bucket of hot water on it and then pour a kettle of boiling water in on top of that. I snap the lid shut and let it steam for about 10 minutes. I then spread the bale thru the woods for both horses (my version of paddock paradise LOL). If he starts to cough I give him Omega Alpha Respifree - works like a charm. Usually only need one or two treatments. I have not had to have the vet and the steroid etc treament since Jan 09 and when he did his check up this spring his lungs were 100% - no signs of congestion or heaves at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

heaves Empty
PostSubject: Re: heaves   heaves Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

heaves
Page 1 of 1