Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 

Things to do with my pony other than riding.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
teekathepony

PostSubject: Things to do with my pony other than riding.   Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:54 pm

Just wanting some ideas of things I can do with Teeka to have fun. At the moment she hates being caught and haltered, and I'd love to get her to like me again. I plan to gradually start riding her again, but until then... fun stuff?
Back to top Go down
brighteyes

PostSubject: Re: Things to do with my pony other than riding.   Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:11 pm

Theres lots of things you can do with ground work, you can try the 7 parelli games if you want. If shes not completely bombproof then you can expose her to different things like tarps, walking over poles or anything really that may seem spooky to her.

you can also lunge her! It gives her excersize and helps her with her ques.. Then you can use poles, and eventually cavalettis while lunging. Sometimes I play tag with my horse lol.

you can also work on her responses to pressure, to the point where you dont even have to touch her and shell move away from you by just your body movements. I have quite fun with that.

For catching, when she dosnt agree then get after her, chase her.. and then let her stop, and try again.. if she take off again then keep chasing her, repeat until she gives in. My boy was hard to catch at first too, now he comes when I call out to him :)

Back to top Go down
~TC~

PostSubject: Re: Things to do with my pony other than riding.   Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:14 pm

I agree with brighteyes..

Even if you don't like ""Parelli"... the games played are worth it to a sour horse...

They are worth it any kind of horse... they enjoy the play time as well as the respect given to them, and they start to give it back..

PostSubject: Re: Things to do with my pony other than riding.   Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:24 pm

She's a spooky horse no matter what I do, hahaha so I've always done things like tarps and poles. I should definitely do that again. She was getting good at all of that. We used to do cavaletti a lot too. I'll have to look up the parelli games.
Today we did some showmanship which Teeka always loved. She's so good at moving around my body language. I'll have to practice that some more too.
Thanks for the suggestions guys.
Back to top Go down
hopeful_farm

PostSubject: Re: Things to do with my pony other than riding.   Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:46 am

Carrot Trail..lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things to do with my pony other than riding.   

Back to top Go down

Things to do with my pony other than riding.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1