Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........

Go down 
+36
Jazz's Girl
TripleCRanch
TopSecret
jbrat
imarowdyrebel
Tammy
MSFarm
Sooke
Flicka
Tango
Reggie
brighteyes
Jewels
HardTackSpurs
mypony
Simi
Brown
Barefoot_Horsegirl
MoonShadow
munchmom
mountaincowgirl
SexyDexy
Freva
strutsomestuff
RobinsKelticBuckaroo
Fiere
Loves Color
Krista
teekathepony
Ellie*Mae
oldladynewhorse
charlo
withaTwist
Wissy
Wil-If-I-Want
just joan
40 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... Empty
PostSubject: GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........   GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 8:36 am

Good Morning Ladies........Friday July 29........

Hoping to start a new blog here for us all. If each of us would write a post telling us as much about ourselves as we feel comfortable with and one or two pictures we could have a real good way of GETTING TO KNOW US ALL.

MEMBERS WHO HAVE CONTRIBUTED SO FAR: JUST JOAN, WIL IF I WANT, WISSY, WITH A TWIST, CHARLO, OLDLADYNEWHORSE, ELLIE MAE, TEEKATHEPONY, KRISTA, LOVES COLOR, FIERE, STRUTSOMESTUFF, ROBINSKELTICBUCKAROO, FREVA, SEXY DEXY, MOUNTAINCOWGIRL, MUNCHMOM, MOONSHADOW, BAREFOOTHORSEGIRL, BROWN, SIMI, MYPONY. HARDTACKSPURS, JEWELS, BRIGHTEYES, REGGIE, TANGO, FLICKA, SOOKE, MSFARM.TAMMY, IMAROWDYREBL JBRAT, TOPSECRET.

Just Joan........59...Lives On Glorious Cape Breton Island on top of a hill. 25 acres of weeds. House is 125yrs old and my husband lives in it. I live in the barn in the Bunkhouse with my mini gelding Haimish, my mini donkey Shaemus, my dog Sam and two cats....Paws and Chicken.

I am old and cranky but with a slightly skewed sense of humour. Love to play in the mud. Hate the cold and have travelled over most of North America and lived in most provinces in Canada due to my husbands military career. I used to be Scottish, but am now a 12 dollar Canadian. I have had many jobs, from Operations Manager to milking cows and lots in between.

My daughter and grand daughters live on Vancouver Island.....My dad and my sister still live in Scotland.

so, how do you like me so far..........Ed and I have both been married 3 times......so this time we did it OUR WAY...He rode his Harley and I rode my horse. Brick.

GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... 69185_10150293713480529_794710528_15171743_4664693_n

these are my boys

GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... 261304_10150712911445529_794710528_19522240_5760983_n
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... 267859_10150718979685529_794710528_19593408_4753831_n

these are my people kids

GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... 73232_10150318592280529_794710528_15625591_6340676_n

GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... 149126_10150319594790529_794710528_15640281_55023_n

my barn and bunkhouse

GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... 230190_10150592494910529_794710528_18429854_4786929_n

GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... 271174_10150705632905529_794710528_19428583_4531772_n

I should have mentioned my favourite horse, my big blind Appy who saved my life and took me everywhere with only voice commands........He was one in a million......Skipper......GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... Image0-4

I love to sing, laugh, and just have fun. MY FAVOURITE COLOUR IS PURPLE.......if you want to know anything else....JUST ASK.

Last edited by just joan on Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:20 pm; edited 32 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Wil-If-I-Want

PostSubject: Re: GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........   GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 9:20 am

My passion in life is my pets, I have and will sacrifice lots to make sure they are comfortable, happy, and safe. Growing up in northern NB my parents always let my sister and I have a wide variety of pets.. dogs, fish, frogs, hamsters, gerbils, turtles, crabs, blue lobster ect! We also managed to house 2 injured pigeons PJ and Wilma back to health.. Long story! And lost a very sick crow.

Dad was allergic to cats so we never had any until we got our first apartments of course lol then they ended up moving home when we did. Oups GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... 831788 We took riding lessons at a young age and my parents reassured us we’d never have our own horse… my sister ended up quitting and then low and behold at age 14 I had a horse. However, my own horse has been my responsibility since day one and I thank Brandy & Willow for that. It’s amazing the lessons horses can teach us financially and otherwise.

At present I own an “almost” 2 year old Boxer named Wilson, he is my best friend. He is “my” first dog. I also have a 4yr old cat named Harvey, a 3yr old cat named Gixer and 4 red eared slider turtles (one is 20+) and of course my 9yr old horse Willow. At home we have 3 dogs, a 6yr old yorkipoo, a 13yr Afghan Hound & a 12yr old Heinz 57 corgy X

I am an administrative assistant… or I guess my actual job title is “Client Services Associate” I book first aid & CPR throughout NB. I’m not sure what I want to do with the rest of my life but I’m confidant in saying I’ll always do what makes me happy.

I've been through some very hard times in the past few years and am happy to say that I finally feel like who I used to be. (thanks to a lovely 6"3 blue eyed guy!)

I'll be 23 in October. I’m opinionated, hyper, complex, OCD about certain things, loud, a jokester, sympathetic, and have a huge heart. I love to sing, photography, laugh, and have a good time!

I feel very fortunate to be surrounded by such wonderful people & animals in my life.

Me and my first Horse Brandy
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... 223173_10150181441170665_505490664_7179242_7183340_n

My favorite photo of Willow at 3 with my Grampy (rip <3) and Jo-Jo his Yorkipoo who is now my families dog.
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... 216399_10150181437710665_505490664_7179195_3051676_n

My pup Wilson and his #1 obcession - SWIMMING! he even jump off the diving board into my pool & can use the step ladder to get out.
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... 37901_427696060664_505490664_4939998_8308680_n

Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........   GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 9:23 am

Hey Wil.......that was terrific........I know way more about you now.........Thanks for posting. :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........   GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 10:15 am

Hello, my name is Wissy, I have a habit of having a hissy.. I have a horse named Gunnar who spends all my money to be funner.. he's been to every province just to socialize , he pretends he's sick... but he just likes being a d i c k.. We spend a lot of money on drugs, we think he may be an addict.. he likes to play with your soul.. however very very soon I'm kicking that pony in the hole.. :horse32.gif:

GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... DSCF0040-7

Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........   GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 10:20 am

Well Wissy, I'm not sure we know more about you than we originally did........but THANKS FOR PLAYING.....hahahah :cowboyhound.gi great picture of you and Gunnar and me and Buck and that f'n safety vest that near got me killed.....

Last edited by just joan on Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
withaTwist

withaTwist

PostSubject: Re: GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........   GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 11:53 am

this could be a long one....
im currently working as a personal trainer/kinesiologist/gym manager/receptionist/custodian, lol at the small gym in the town of Souris PEI. how did I get here? thats the long part.
I grew up in Kingston Ontario, and rode horses since I was 9 and mom put me in an english riding camp. Then the drive to have my own pony started... Dad was set against it, and as a very active child, I played all sorts of sports and he tried to make me chosse between riding and hockey "both are expensive, you have to choose 1, im not paying for both" so... being clever, i learned i could shovel for riding lessons :)

i went to university at UNB to take my BScKin, to delay actually choosing a career, and so I could play hockey. I rode/worked at the barn when I could every summer I came home. Once I graduated I kept up with riding, and hockey kind of tapered off... But I couldnt afford to house myself, let alone a horse, since my Kin degree wasnt getting me a high-paying job.

When I moved back to Kingston after my undergrad, my parents moved to the island, so I was on my own. After a year of cooking (my typical student-job, which conveniently allowed for barn chores in the morning, but meant I was up till 2am every night), I figured I had to go back to school. So I moved to PEI....

I swear, this is all somewhat relevant, lol.

anyway, I started working at the trail rides at brudenell, and stirred up that horse bug and started dabbling in western riding. A year later (after doing correspondence courses required for Vet school), I found myself with a boyfriend, 2 standardbreds (one who raced but is convinced someone saddle trained him at one point, one little fussy mare who just wants to be a pet, no matter how hard I try to convince her life as a riding horse isnt so bad...), a year after that (spent doing MORE courses required for vet school), I find myself out in Souris, settling in to what my first degree set me up for, aquired ANOTHER pony... from my first barn in Ontario. He was supposed to be a lesson horse, as I rode him english in Ontario, and didnt find him very special. ANYWAY (I swear im trying to be breif) turns out he's extremely well trained and sensitive..... WESTERN. more specifically? I just discovered he's trained to rein. conveniently the discipline that I was interested in, and had access to clinics with my friends :)

Now Im having a blast riding again - had some "mishaps" at the trail rides, and some shaken confidence, (hence my alternate "need" for a lesson horse). We are playing around showing this year, and going to board this winter with an indoor, so I can actually school, because I FINALLY got in to the AVC :)

Oh, and my name is Cassie, and I dont know how to post pictures :P

GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... Stbd10

those are my rescues, doing what they do best
Fin is eating, Twist is sleeping

GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... 26187210

close-up of Angus - the wonder pony

GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... Reinin10

and us at our first reining fun show, we were voted "best horse and rider combo" and i may have cried... i love this pony

Last edited by withaTwist on Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........   GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 12:00 pm

Well Cassie, thanks for posting, great getting to know you...Congrats on getting accepted into AVX........love the pix you chose to share. :cowboyhound.gi

Last edited by just joan on Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........   GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 12:56 pm

Very interesting read.. wooo hooo.. I knew I'd like you.. welcome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
withaTwist

withaTwist

PostSubject: Re: GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........   GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 12:57 pm

i feel so exposed, I was just an annonymous creeper before! lol
Back to top Go down
charlo

PostSubject: Re: GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........   GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 1:03 pm

I live just outside of Moncton,NB, have a husband, 2 kids, 1 dog, 1 cat, 4 chickens, 2 horses, 1 pony and 1 boarder horse. I work from home, so can be home for the kids. My husband and I own two companies, one that installs natural gas and propane products both commercial and residential, and the other is rentals.

I spend my days doing what most people with active kids do, running around for them, work, and of course the horses.

I ride English...currently I am riding my green-bean TBX mare, who some days get threaten to be sold. It is fun, but can be frustrating at times. My goals for her and I is to event. When I was younger and kid-less my passion was eventing. I always wanted to jump, till I met my coach who had evented most his life. After he told me about it I said why not...my first event was such a rush that I have been hooked ever since.

I do admit after having kids my level of risk taking has gone down a lot, which I feel is why it has taken my mare and I so long to get to where we are at. My mental blocks. But hey everything in life has a time and a place to happen, so we take each day at a time.

In my spare time I like to read, I coach soccer in the summer and fall months. In the fall it is with the middle school team. In the winter I play hockey, run the kids to their hockey or cheer on my husband in his hockey. Yes all 4 of us play, there are times we are at the rink every night of the week. Yes I like when the end of march comes along. I plan on also refereeing this year as well.

Both my kids ride, my son (11) is more serious about riding. He is in Pony Club, and if all goes well the plan is to make his eventing debut at the Horse Trials on the Island this September. He will be riding my retired eventer Skippy the wonder Appy at the age of 26. (Sound and ready to rock and roll!) My daughter (7) just likes to play with the horses. My Husband just pays for them, complains about them, but likes to come up with ideas on how to make life better for them. go figure :-) He doesn't ride, nor do I ask him too.

I am very bless to be able to keep my horses at home.

Now for some Pictures

My house from the road, and the horses' pasture
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... Horsesandaptpic021
Skippy (the appy) Jazz (middle chestnut)Lady (pony)
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... AlbertSpringshow2011May22054
View from my veranda - Far appy is Skippy Closer Appy is Dakota(boarder) and Chestnut is Jazzy
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... Horseanddeer011
Christian and Skippy this spring at a show
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... AlbertSpringshow2011May22010-1
Jazzy and I
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... AlbertSpringshow2011May22017
Isobel and Skippy in the barn
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... Kittyandhorses061

Ok I'm sure I bored you enough lol!
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........   GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 1:27 pm

Charlo oh no never bored.. are u kidding.. can I come live with you.. lol.. Beautiful place, ponies and kids..
and Twist we love dragging out lurkers.. your hooked now girl..
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........   GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 1:36 pm

YEAH Charlo.......love your place and your ponies and kids.............what Island is he going eventing on........Mine.....we have Eastern Eventers here at Bein Eoin.........maybe someday you will come up here.

And Twist.......guess you figured how to Post the pix all by yourself........wooo hoo
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........   GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 1:38 pm

Twist.......is that Dominicas indoor you are in?????? and I dont see how you can be worried about Exposure.......I'm usually the only one with a bare buttercup hanging out.......hahaha :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
oldladynewhorse
Mod
oldladynewhorse

PostSubject: Re: GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........   GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 2:12 pm

Hi, I'm 50 years old and live in Woodstock, NB. I am the Logistics Co-ordinator for AYR Motor Express and have worked here for 12 years. My favourite colour is purple and I have one horse (a solid paint) that is 4 years old (Ponie). I have been involved with horses since I was 13. We had owned many saddle horses and my father and I owned Standardbreds also. My father had the top 2 and 3 years old pacers in Maritimes. I have 2 children both boys (ages 30 and 31.5). One works here with me as a planner and the other is a full-time fireman for the Town of Woodstock. Both are married to Jennifers and both Jennifers were born on the same date (Aug.3rd). Both had the same middle initial. How's that for confusing. I have been married 3 times. I love to tease and can get stressed very easy. I fret and worry about stupid things and have gain and lost the same 50 pounds for years. I have my B.sc (Agr) in Economics and am a graduate of the AC and Dalhousie. I went to University as a young single mother of 2 boys. Now that was stressful. I can tell long and involved stories that make no sense. I LOVE bling and sparkly things!! I have a 4 year old Chocolate Lab named Bruin (registered name is Three in One Stormabrewin). My dog is 3 days older than my horse. I have no pictures to post today cause I am @ work.

GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... July12031
Barn Owner's new Foundation QH Indy
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... Pictur10

Last edited by oldladynewhorse on Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........   GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 2:19 pm

Well SNAP oldlady....I've been married 3 times too......hahahah.........and you can post your pix when you get home in your post....just click on Edit and you can paste them in..........WOOO HOOO......thanks for sharing. :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

PostSubject: Re: GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........   GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 5:11 pm

hi -I'm 50 years old, and I am addicted to all things equine. I live at Possum Critter Farm, West Covehead, PEI on 6.25 acres, with my husband and animal family. We are empty nesters - we have 3 grown kids, and 5 grandsons between us. We are located about 12 miles north of Charlottetown, close to the national park beaches. I'm employed with the Provincial Government as a Graphic Designer. I currently own 2 geldings, and one dog (Jess, the pound puppy - he's 8)...we lost both our cats and one horse since the new year (sniff sniff). I really miss my Standardbred girls, Abby and Dolly...I adore my goofy gelding Arrow, but geldings are different than mares...LOL. My gals weren't marish, other than Dolly being in heat ALL THE TIME!!! I could read them the minute I met them. I just "got" them, instantly. Worthy is our family retainer, he will be 33 in November, we've owned him since '93. I call him "Old Cranky Pants", he likes to pretend he's a tough guy and doesn't like attention, but he really does. I love it when he rolls his eyes at me...he can do it really well. He's been the greatest horse for us, in the saddle or in harness. He has real work attitude...great work ethic! He was quite the successful racehorse in his day, well known in maritime circles, and has even had a story published about him the year he turned 31. I am a backyard rider, I take lessons when I can, last winter I took english lessons with a great coach, and have had one with her at home this summer (so far!). I have to admit though, I love the security of the western saddle!! I am working with Arrow this summer, keeping him focused, making him work, as opposed to plunking around aimlessly looking for things to spook at :-) I've been riding at least 4 days a week. I also have been working on some of his annoying habits, like not standing for fly spray, or the hose, and that has been coming along great! This years goal is to be able to lope (canter) and be able to relax and enjoy it!! I don't know why it's such an issue with me...no need for speed, I guess!
Aerial of our home - I ride most of time in the field to the left, don't own it but the neighbours are kind :-)
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... McCabe
Orange guys - Jess, Oscaretta and Fraser
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... Orangeguysjuly2010006_edited
Dolly and Arrow
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... June262010weekend040_edited
a fav of me and Arrow
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... RidingArrowJuly312010035_edited-1
pic from Worthy’s story
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... WorthyGift4425x7digital
Arrow looking goofy, without even trying...LOL
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... Arrowandapples
Worthy a couple of years ago
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... HPIM1677
Abby - my sweet, sweet girl...
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... Abby2005

guess that's more than enough for now!!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........   GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 5:31 pm

Thanks Ellie Mae, it was great visiting with you and your family........See, that wasn't so hard....... :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
charlo

PostSubject: Re: GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........   GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 8:20 pm

Joan it will be PEI...hopefully next year we'll be venturing further out and making the other Horse Trials in the area possible.

I do have extra bedrooms available lol!
Back to top Go down
withaTwist

withaTwist

PostSubject: Re: GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........   GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 8:30 pm

This is fun!

Yup, that's Dominica's indoor, all the reining clinics and part of the fun show were held there :)
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........   GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 8:52 pm

Thanks for the INVITE Charlo........and you know if you come to Cape Breton.....you better be stopping here.Oh, Wait, maybe you meant Wissy could move in..........hahahah......good luck with that.

Twist......I kinda figured it was there......glad you are starting to have fun....... :cowboyhound.gi

Last edited by just joan on Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
teekathepony

teekathepony

PostSubject: Re: GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........   GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 9:33 pm

I'll play!

I'm Wendy. I started riding at the age of 9. When I was 10 my parents bought me Teeka (reg. POA Carteego Star) who had been shipped in from Michigan, she was a year and a half. I trained her myself (with my coach, as I was boarding her at King's Stables at the time). When I was 12 we moved and Teeka came to live at our house. Kings closed and sold all their horses including a little POA/QH weanling with whom I'd fallen in love. Little did I know that my parents bought her, hid her at my friend's house until Christmas Eve when she showed up in my barn wearing bells. That was my Jewel. She was a sick pony from the get go unfortunately, with a heave-y mother and an allergic father, her lungs were doomed. When she was 10 (3 years ago) she passed away suddenly.

My good friend loaned me Dale, an 8 year old unbroken gelding to keep Teeka company. Dale is a goof and a sweetheart and I love him and want to train him (still waiting on a round pen...)

I haven't ridden much since Jewel died. I still find it painful in some ways, but in other ways I'm just not motivated any more. I hope to change that when I train Dale -- then Johnny can ride with me.

Who's Johnny?

Johnny is my husband. (And it's so new that it still sounds weird.) I met him at Burger King, our first job, 9 years ago next month. After a year we started dating. In January 2009 he proposed, and we got married last October. He's a plumber and a sweetheart and a Disney lover like me. We have been to Disney World together twice and are going again in less than two months!

So now?

I'm a 25 year old with a BA in Literature from CBU. I plan to go back for my BEd as soon as possible. Ideally I'd like to teach grade 12 advanced English, but I'd take any high school English or Art. I am a photographer as well, and I have done weddings and portraits, but animals are my absolute favourite. I work at Japan Camera, part time. I also paint and draw, love to read and write short stories. (Ahem, this is turning into one! Darn. Wrapping up.)

I have two beautiful mixed breed mutts from the SPCA, Sheeka (6) and Holly (3). I also have two barn cats, Oliver (8, who sneaks in the house a lot) and Harry (4).

Two years ago Johnny and I began the monstrous task of building our own home. It was Bleeding heart at the time, but it was all worth it and I love my little red house.

I'm an aquarist and currently have 5 running fish tanks.

Johnny and I (and the dirty ponies!) on our wedding day:
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... 67569_448617572988_508602988_5515601_830800_n

Our honeymoon:
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... 262006_10150237907052989_508602988_7464446_5822954_n

55 gallon African Cichlid tank:
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... 228344_10150190646652989_508602988_7072007_489726_n

Holly Wobbles:
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... 260101_10150214011322989_508602988_7290501_812162_n

Sheeka:
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... 4541261365_5f4b7a31d2_z

Beautiful Jewel:
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... 138287476_f5e5a234c5_z

Harry, on the rare occasion that he comes in my house:
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... 5346736374_12d4dbb619_z

Oliver, snuggling his teddy (yeah this really looks like a barn cat, huh?)
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... 5984934114_b7b2301258_z

Teeka!
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... 2631264251_4abd2dc96c_z

Dale:
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... 2670099530_42588ce339_z

And finally, my pretty red house:
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... 251112_10150206312202989_508602988_7219091_8005986_n
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........   GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 9:46 pm

Great stuff Teeka...........thanks for posting .......I am sure this is going to make a lot of difference to most of our Viewers............ :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
Krista

Krista

PostSubject: Re: GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........   GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 10:54 pm

I'll play!! :D

Obviously, my name is Krista. I live in PEI, less than a three minute drive from the house I grew up in, which is next door to where my grandparents lived, and two seconds up the road from where my great grandparents lived. Needless to say, my family hasn't gone too far! My Mom had horses when she was younger, so I ended up with a little white pony when I was a little girl. She was never broke to ride, but I loved going to ride the trail horses out near my other grandmothers ever since I could walk. My Dad was diagnosed with cancer when I was 12 yrs old, and it was at a benefit dance for him where the neighbors offered to board a horse for me if I wanted to get one. I ended up with a 12 year old Palomino gelding named Rebel, who I sold a year later (growing teenager and all) So when I was 13, we bought a little 3 yr old Appy/QH mare named Belle. We showed and trail rode all over the Island for years. Eventually due to a bad back I had to stop riding for a while which led to a rather large weight gain, which prevented me even further from riding. Eventually I got back into riding, and bought a little yearling solid bred Paint gelding named Connor. Connor was a bit of an impulse buy, and after realizing that he wasn't going to be quite as big as I would need him to be, he was sold to a friend. I then bought a 2 yr old gelding in Indiana and had him shipped up to the Island. I always wanted a well bred western pleasure Quarter Horse, and Indy certainly has the breeding! His daddy is Huntin For Chocolate, a world champion pleasure horse, and his mother is by Ima Big Leaguer, a hall of fame western pleasure horse. I've been working with him on groundwork quite a bit until I can lose some more weight, then hopefully I'll find the confidence to get back on him (took a bad fall almost two months ago)

As for the non horsey side of things, I live with my boyfriend of 11 years, Chris. He has been working in Afghanistan as a civilian contractor for the better part of the last three years, but comes home for good in 41 more sleeps :D We have a 6 yr old Lab/Rottie mix named Chewbacca, and a 14 yr old Springer Spaniel named Brit. Almost forgot, I work as a dog groomer, and have been running my small grooming shop for the last 8 years. Love my job!!

Here are the two bigger furkids last year. Indy has since grown a ton, Belle's mane has turned almost completely white, and she no longer looks like she's in foal!
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... 61505_10150250465725062_867105061_14442883_6294079_n

Indy and I at a show in June (just minutes after that bad fall I had mentioned. Turns out I had bruised a kidney, but went in our halter and showmanship classes anyway!)
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... 251154_10150614773620062_867105061_18449492_6759835_n

This is Chewy
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... 263710_10150675868020062_867105061_18838514_7447530_n

And Brit
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... 40971_10150225930950062_867105061_13807899_2110353_n

Chris and Belle
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... N867105061_959318_4764
Back to top Go down
Loves Color

Loves Color

PostSubject: Re: GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........   GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 11:46 pm

I live on the South Shore of Nova Scotia and have for all my life. I live here with my husband, 16 year old daughter and many animals...1 Quarter Horse, 2 Boston Terriers, 4 cats (1 kitten we found 2 weeks ago along side the highway on the way to a horse show...named Dirt), 2 Cockateils and a Gecko.

I got my first horse when I was 8 years old. My parents were not much of horsey people; but, they tried...he was an off the track Standardbred that had not been completely retrained. Thankfully he was very kind and we had lots of fun. That is where it started; but, there has been several more.

Presently we have one little reining mare that we got from Ohio. She is a great mare, really nicely trained. Her registered name is Miss Cindy Lou Who (we love it). Her sire is Dolls Union Jac. My daughter and I are sharing her, we decided to focus our horsey funds into one really nice horse. Right now my daughter is showing her and I am playing groom/show Mom and loving it.

GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... IMG_3032-1

Last edited by Loves Color on Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........   GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 8:09 am

Thanks Krista and Loves Color........It really was terrific to wake up this morning and read your posts. I mean it when I say I want to get to Know you all...........wooo hooo.......its working....... :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........   GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Custom Hats By Sue :: General Topics :: Bloggers-
Jump to: