Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........

Go down 
+36
Jazz's Girl
TripleCRanch
TopSecret
jbrat
imarowdyrebel
Tammy
MSFarm
Sooke
Flicka
Tango
Reggie
brighteyes
Jewels
HardTackSpurs
mypony
Simi
Brown
Barefoot_Horsegirl
MoonShadow
munchmom
mountaincowgirl
SexyDexy
Freva
strutsomestuff
RobinsKelticBuckaroo
Fiere
Loves Color
Krista
teekathepony
Ellie*Mae
oldladynewhorse
charlo
withaTwist
Wissy
Wil-If-I-Want
just joan
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........   GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 9:37 am

WOOO HOOO SIMI............I know how shy you are about sharing, and honestly didnt think you would post.......SO SO HAPPY YOU DID............ :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........   GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 7:30 pm

wAY TO GO STRUT AND OLDLADY............YOU BOTH MANAGED TO POST PIX...........WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO
Back to top Go down
withaTwist

withaTwist

PostSubject: Re: GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........   GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 7:53 am

great pictures!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........   GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 11:45 am

Great Pix Brown......Simi moved them into your post......love the bike shot....Ed and I went to Sturgis South Dakota for our Honeymoon on his harley...........woooo hooo. also love the big thistle eating grin on your face in the red shirt picture............priceless.
Back to top Go down
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

PostSubject: Re: GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........   GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 6:34 pm

This was a lovely idea, I am realy enjoying reading up on folks, and it's such a treat to see the pictures ... MORE PLEASE!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........   GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 8:11 am

GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 775395
Back to top Go down
Fiere

Fiere

PostSubject: Re: GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........   GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 11:42 am

Added some pics to mine as well, since it is long since buried now I don't know if anyone noticed lol!
Back to top Go down
mypony

PostSubject: Re: GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........   GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 1:30 pm

Hi my name is Jennifer and I live on my little farm near the north shore of PEI. My dream as a little kid to one day have animals and live on a farm, and it came true! It is a far cry from where I grew up. My parents worked for an airline and we moved around several times in my younger years in order for them to keep their jobs. We started in Moncton then to Halifax, Saint John and then back to Bedford, NS all within 6 years. In a way it was great that mom and dad worked for an airline, we got to travel a lot. The only animal we had was a very tolerant cat, Grisette. She put up with a lot!

I started to develop my love affair with horses around the age of 10. My mom is from PEI and we would spend several weeks of our summer vacation here on the Island. Not far from our cottage was a family with two horses. I remember the day, just like it was yesterday, the first time the man that owned the horses came over to me standing at the fence patting the horses. He asked me if I would like to go for a ride on one of the horses? I could not believe it!!!! He wanted me to ask my mom and dad to make sure it was OK with them. Shortly after that first ride, I started riding lessons when we were living in Saint John. I loved it! At the time I was having a hard time in school, not being able to keep up with the class work. It was believed that all I had to do was “try harder”. In the years to follow there would be lots of tears and saying I was sick, so I could go home…

Within a year we moved back to Bedford, NS. My riding lessons stopped, but during the summer I would go to PEI and ride horses. True bliss! I loved EVERY moment of my summers on PEI. Sometimes there would be a couple of horses to ride, but other years I would have to introduce myself to complete strangers that had horses standing around. When I was 15 I got my first summer job working as a trail guide at Hatfeild Farm. I did that for a few summers.

I managed to struggle through junior and senior high school. In grade 11 I was diagnosed with a learning disability. That helped somewhat with school, but the support I needed would be a long time coming. So the years I living in Bedford, were pretty busy for me, I got involved in the sport of fencing. My parents would not drive 20 minutes outside of Bedford to take me to riding lessons, but they would take me down to Dalhousie three to six times a week for fencing practice. At first, fencing was just for fun, but then I got invited to a training camp for the Nova Scotia Canada Games fencing team. Then I was hooked! I became an Epeeist! (that is one of the three weapons in the sport of fencing; epee, foil and saber) I represented Nova Scotia at the 1995 Canada Winter Games in Grand Prairie, Alberta. I also competed nationally all across Canada, internationally competing in the US. The highlight of my fencing career was winning two gold medals at Nationals in the team events. I even competed in the sport of Modern Pentathlon (it is a sport with running, fencing, shooting, swimming and show jumping).

After I graduated from high school, I got into Dalhousie University and spent my time struggling through school work and coaching kids in a local fencing club. I went to the 1999 Canada Winter Games in Corner Brook as a team manager for the fencing team. That was the last year I was seriously involved in fencing. There was a parent that was making it too hard for me. Everything we did was not up to her standards, so it was time for me to move on. I left Halifax for Truro and the Nova Scotia Agricultural Collage.

While in Truro, I met great friends. I had a great time at school, but academically it was still hard struggle. After two years, I decided school was no longer for me. I moved to PEI to be with my boyfriend and I got a job with Air Canada.

I started to ride a lot here on PEI. Mostly doing trail rides, but I started to compete in Cattle Penning. My boyfriend and I spend many months and several years dating while we lived apart. Shortly after moving to PEI, Tim went to school in Ontario. The next winter I got layed off from work. That is when my best friend and I went to Australia for three months. We worked on one of the only trail rides around Sydney. It was lots of fun. I could ride the same horse all day and no one would know it name, there were over 200 trail ride horses.

GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 IMG_0596

the trail ride in Oz
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 IMG_0751

When I came home to PEI got my first horse, Tramp and then two years later I got Thunder. They lived a few years with my best friend’s horse at her parents place. I went back to school in 2005. I graduated from University of Prince Edward Island with my BA in History. It was a UPEI that I got the support I needed for my learning disability. I went from making 50’s and 60’s to making 80’s and 90’s! The support that schools offer now compared to when I went in the late 1990’s is totally different. Also it was my money paying for school and I wanted to learn something. I was one busy lady, going to school full-time, working at Air Canada full-time (working the midnight shift), having two horses and traveling in my spare time!

Tramp, me and my puppy Drake
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 Beacht10

Thunder
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 Thunde10

Graduation from UPEI
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 Degree10

My boyfriend eventually became my husband in 2008. He was not a horse nut like me, but he was always very supportive. Eventually we bought our place not far from my friend and her parents. We had to do lots of renovations to our house. My husband got his first horse during the winter of 2010. If he is going to follow me around to horse shows and cattle penning, he might as well be riding! Last summer we completed the run-in and the horses now live with us. In March we got a little cow horse from Alberta.

GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 Drakew10

GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 Weddin10

Hubby and I, with Tramp and Trigger cattel penning
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 Trampt10

Hubby and his horse from Alberta, Bob
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 Tim_an10

Our run-in
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 Barn10

Now what has really changed our life is not the horses, our careers, our house… nope, none of that. On April 10, 2011 we welcomed into our life Emma Kate! She is the most AMAZING person I know!

GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 New_em10

Emma almost 4 months
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 Emma_410
When I take the time to look at all that I have accomplished in my life; my horses, getting married, graduating from University, buying our house and giving birth to our daughter, it makes me very happy and proud! So that is who I am….

Here are some more pictures
Our Alaskan cruise last spring
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 Alaska10

When in Rome!
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 DSC02759

Over looking the Rhine river in Germany
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 Germany

Tramp and I at a horse show, this was our best class :)
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 20090828_0034
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........   GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 2:01 pm

My Pony.....Jennifer, you made my cry........what a great story.....I am so glad you posted.......you had so much to tell us........WOW......IT REALLY IS GREAT TO KNOW YOU...........Thank you for sharing with us.......WOOOOO HOOO.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........   GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 2:06 pm

FIERE......I posted below your post about your pictures, of course we saw them.......everybody starts at the beginning and goes through them.......hahahahaha.
Back to top Go down
HardTackSpurs

HardTackSpurs

PostSubject: Re: GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........   GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 3:09 pm

My name is Megan MacGibbon. I live in Gardiner Mines, Cape Breton NS. I live with my bf Evan on his family farm, it is a about 300 acres. I am a LPN and work for CBDHA. I have 2 horses HQH HardTack Spurs(Tack) a reg QH and Dixies dusty Hobo(pal) reg paint
3 dogs Homer, Mandy and Harley , multipal cats and 40 cows and 35 chickens.I dont have much to write, but here are a few pics
Harley Mandy and callie the cat
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 36257_10
Tack
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 26029210
Pal
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 26822810
Tack doing what he use to do best lol
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 65446_10
a few of the cows
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 59644_10
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 16514310
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 26404510
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 26181210
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 26730910
chicks
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 25018510
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........   GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 4:09 pm

HardTack.......thank you so much for posting..........its not all about How Much you say......just that you do say something.........love the pic of THE BUCK FROM Bleeding heart.......HOLY MOTHER........glad its something he used to do......
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........   GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 6:26 am

Well, its Monday Aug. 8...and I woke up hoping there would be some more posts for us all to read.....But, Nope......Nothing after HardTack.......I must say I am pretty disapointed and find it hard to believe that out of the 450 members left that None of you have Anything to say............ GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 336163 GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 336163
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........   GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 6:35 am

I am now going for the GUILT trip...........Begging and Pleading didnt work......so now I'm gonna play dirty.

GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 831788 GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 831788 GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 135688 GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 474306 GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 55920 GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 55920 GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 55920
Back to top Go down
Simi
Mod
Simi

PostSubject: Re: GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........   GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 8:46 am

Well hi my Name is Coosa Sweet Simi, I was born at FVP Stables and stayed there with my mom moochie till i was 4 months than went to live with my new mom in Windsor NS, I have shown at a few Color classic Horse HSows last year but not this year, due to mom had to work the show and she didnt want me sitting all weekend in a stall.. But next year will be a different story, I will be 3 and ready to go into the ring under saddle.. God I can't wait!!!! I will post some pictures of me..
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 BigWorld
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 S6309176
Me as a little girl...
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 Simmie
me and my mom moochie
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 Picture015-1
Me home in Windsor..
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 Picture1014
Me out in pasture...
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 Picture1049
and me getting started under saddle...
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........   GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 9:19 am

THAT was some cool Simi........hahahaha...........thanks. :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
teekathepony

teekathepony

PostSubject: Re: GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........   GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 10:37 am

I have a few pictures to add to the story of me and Teeka.
Teeka as a yearling:
With my dad (September 1996)
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 Teeka_dad
With me as a 10 year old!
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 Teekame
And a little later that year:
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 Teeka_dark
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........   GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 10:53 am

neat pix Wendy, really cute to see you as a kid.......Teeka sure had lots of spots back then.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........   GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 6:46 am

Guess we may as well put a lock on this darn topic and throw away the key. Obviously nobody else is going to make the effort to join in and let the rest of us know all about them. It started off with such promise, but has now literally come to a dead stop. Too bad those other 450 members couldnt take the 10mins or less to post a few lines and a picture. Well, thank you all very much. GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 965462 GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 965462 GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 965462 GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 336163

Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........   GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 8:08 am

wow though.. five pages.. good for middle of the summer when everyone is out and about.. more may add later.. give it time..
Back to top Go down
Fiere

Fiere

PostSubject: Re: GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........   GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 9:22 am

HardTack, you live not 3 minutes away from me!

Give it time Joan, I am gonna start up a blog, you can read about my antics while we wait for others to share more interesting things LOL.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........   GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 9:23 am

Fiere, that would be great.......cant wait to read it........... :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
Simi
Mod
Simi

PostSubject: Re: GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........   GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 9:51 am

Hi My Name is DC Shock The Monkey ( Monkey for short) I am from Cartwright, Manitoba.
I along with a bunch of other mare and colts were brought to NS for sale.. So my new mom and dad brought home 3 of us to live with them.. I am very happy with my new home and my mom now mind you one day I gave a small hump buck and threw my mom onto my neck her belt got caught on the horn and than she drove her spurs into me I wasnt bucking but i started to move real fast she had to bail off and she hurt her self real bad.. It was scary but she is ok and now we have come to understand each other better thanks to TC helping her out.. Love my new family!!!!
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 26878810
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........   GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 9:55 am

You missus, are a real good sport...........I love your Horse Profiles.........thanks for keeping me sane. :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
withaTwist

withaTwist

PostSubject: Re: GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........   GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 7:20 am

i wanna play too!

My name is Fine Xample, but mostly everyone calls me Finley, or Fin. I was brought up in a busy stable, my mom's name was Bio Allie, and my Dad was N Xample. From day 1 they had high hopes of me, and I was in serious training in 2008 as a two year old. I used to race other horses, pulling a man in a cart behind me. Damn I was fast. I trained too hard tho (must be too competitive i guess...) and would get a sore shoulder and be put off my game.
My owner at the time, David, tried everything, to see if he could fix me. Then he finally gave up when a good friend had asked about any free horses for his grandson's new girlfriend, looking for a saddle horse. They picked me up in Kensington, and I put on a pretty good show (im impressive looking if you didnt already know...), the took me to a large building, with a fancy stall, where i was given some needles, then woke up pretty groggy... These same people picked me up, brought me to a farm in the country, and I finally relaxed into being a horse. I guess I had retired. A week or so later, I was joined by my half-sister (same age) Just in Fair Twist - Twister/Twist for short.

Before I went to be a trail horse
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 Fin110

We went to work as trail horses for one summer, but werent invited back... The trail horses didnt want me to be the boss, and I was obviously the most masculine and best looking... we fought a lot...

Now we live outside for the summer, with a little red-headed pony, who does all sorts of fancy things as a saddle horse. Maybe one day I could do all that too... But for now, Im a good trail horse :)

This is me now, David saw this picture and was very happy, I've really grown in to my legs! I used to be tall and lanky, now im a solidly built horse.
GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 Fin210
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........   GETTING TO KNOW US ALL........... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GETTING TO KNOW US ALL...........
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Custom Hats By Sue :: General Topics :: Bloggers-
Jump to: