Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

OMG! she's in a stall

Go down 
+3
SexyDexy
Barefoot_Horsegirl
Wil-If-I-Want
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Wil-If-I-Want

OMG! she's in a stall Empty
PostSubject: OMG! she's in a stall   OMG! she's in a stall Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 7:19 pm

My horse has been on 24/7 turnout the majority of her life. One stable I boarded at brought them in on really cold nights in the winter and another place I was at for a few months she was in a lot.. but the majority of our 6yrs (and her 9 years) she's been out 24/7

Tonight she's stalled due to the severe thunder warnings (I don't want her in hail and high winds, they have access to the barn isle but there are 6 horses and she's not lead thus there will be arguments between them all!)

I went to co-op and bought some bags of shavings and put hay in a HAY NET! It's been soooo long lol I haven't stalled her since a clinic in 2009 it felt weird to remember water, hay, and then of course I'll have to clean the stall tomorrow lol which I don't mind.

Random post, I just wanted to share. ;)

ps this is a pic of February.. she's not that fluffy (YET) thank gosh.

OMG! she's in a stall 180318_10150097260065665_505490664_6520806_1492279_n
Back to top Go down
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

PostSubject: Re: OMG! she's in a stall   OMG! she's in a stall Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 8:32 pm

I'm sure she'll be just fine. We didn't get any hail today but man did it ever rain and thunder/lightning the last few hours. Seems like its cleared off now. My horses were out grazing happily all day. No bugs with all the rain and cold air, the light show and banging didn't bother them, they are in heaven.
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: OMG! she's in a stall   OMG! she's in a stall Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 8:59 pm

Hahaha, I know exactly what you mean. I put Prince in one night last winter for the first time ever... He was even born outside... And it felt really weird. They were out grazing in all this storminess. Likely enjoying the lack of bugs too.
Back to top Go down
Fiere

Fiere

PostSubject: Re: OMG! she's in a stall   OMG! she's in a stall Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 9:22 pm

My two are out 24/7 right now (sadly not all year), and the nights when I am running out in torrential downpours and driving wind, is the nights I chase them all over the paddock, because they are not coming in no way no how. Also I have yet to see them in the run-in, and they are in a field with no trees or bushes to act as a wind break. Now I don't bother, since I am the only one who apparently minds the weather out of my group. I drive up, put the headlights on them, make sure they aren't freaking out and thats it.

But it is true, when you have them out for so long, getting back into the swing of haying and watering is quite a change! And I for one certainly do not miss the muck out in the morning. My boys are pigs.
Back to top Go down
Wil-If-I-Want

PostSubject: Re: OMG! she's in a stall   OMG! she's in a stall Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 9:39 pm

Our guys hang out in the isle way of the barn. (the majority of it, we've got a large steel gate 3/4 of the way up the isle way) It is quite large but its concrete and very slippery when wet with the horse's messes.... they all gather in there except for one outcast.. When I got to the barn everyone was inside (so it was very easy to snatch up my gal and place her in a stall)

Her girlfriends will probably hang out with her the whole time she's in there, the stall isn't enclosed so they can reach their heads over from the isle way. There is a new boarder and the lovely, dainty little thing never goes outside so they like to hang out with her although they cannot touch her as her stall is beyond the isleway gate.

I personally find the doorway is not wide enough for when they fight and move each other and I just worry that wet hooves in combination with a possibly terrible storm will not work out all that great. Especially since my BO's gelding has a beef with Willow!

I will feel more comfortable once the run in shed is constructed alongside the barn :)

Here is Willow's 3 girlfriends (they are inseperable!!) and Monty my BO's gelding on the far left. He, the 3 bays, and Willow are ALWAYS together... but Willow has issues with him being "one of the girls" sometimes!

OMG! she's in a stall 263329_10150335335006427_502481426_9966349_7266775_n

Willows in the back stall by the door
Back to top Go down
Tango

PostSubject: Re: OMG! she's in a stall   OMG! she's in a stall Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 1:13 pm

I've been putting my guy in and have to put the old mare in with him to keep everyone calm. He is on antibiotics for a bad thrush (vet thinks in the frog as there are no usual thrush signs) and have to try and keep his foot dry. I have him out right now with his boots on, I caulked up the drain holes to keep the water out, and he is in a small pasture with little mud. I just wish we could have at least a week of dry weather. I have gravel ready to go, but to get to the wet spots will tear up and create more problems grrrrr.

He is not impressed. He really seems to thrive on being out all the time, but his deformed foot doesn't enjoy it so much.

Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: OMG! she's in a stall   OMG! she's in a stall Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 1:32 pm

my back half of the barn is the run in, and I have gravel as flooring so it doesnt get slippery........I only close the big door on really stormy nights and the snow is blowing in the door. Nice to see it worked Wil.
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Jewels

Jewels

PostSubject: Re: OMG! she's in a stall   OMG! she's in a stall Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 11:40 am

Jewels is at my coaches barn right now and is turned out at night. A couple of weeks ago we had a bad thunder and lightening storm at night, the next morning when i got to the barn to help bring horses in everyone was happily grazing like nothing happened. The other day when we were hit with the big thunder and lightening and heavy rain. it lasted all afternoon here. All the horses were in and stayed in that night. None of them seemed to worked up by it though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OMG! she's in a stall   OMG! she's in a stall Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OMG! she's in a stall
Page 1 of 1