Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.

Go down 
+14
MoonShadow
Tie
Wissy
munchmom
Tammy
withaTwist
C4B's
oldladynewhorse
SexyDexy
lb-ranch
Simi
blackfly
MSFarm
just joan
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tammy

BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.   BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 8:28 pm

Well thistle! What a horrible, horrible time. Was this the first time you've left Shaemus? You must be beside yourself after he attacked Ed. If that had been Gord we would be having donkey stew tomorrow!

How is little Snickers settling in? I'd say he's a wee bit stressed after having to leave his momma for the first time, and then experience that greeting. Good thing they are so resilient.

Have a few stiff drinks. Keep the dog collar on the donkey and give your little Snickers some snuggles and loving. Tomorrow is another day.

Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.   BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 8:48 pm

omg.. Joan.. maybe I should have come down and helped out.. poor Ed.. he must be fuming.. guess he's not a fan of Donkey right now.. poor Snickers probably doesn't know what was happening.. taken from his mom.. ride in the back of a pick up .. being chased by a huge wolf and a crazy donkey.. hope he's not scared for life.. lol... Survivor should be interesting..
donkey needs his balls cut off.. can't be attacking Ed.. maybe Ed can have a hand in getting them cut.. lol..

ARE YOU DRUNK NOW!!!!!!!!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.   BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 10:32 pm

WOW! What a day!!! First things first, I think maybe Mr.Donkey should come live at the Smith residence for a bit cause if he did that to me I'd put Mr.Donkey on his Buttercup! Is he castrated JJ?

Anyhow I'm sure they will come along, they need time to settle and get use to each other from a distance. Once Snickers is settled in then I would gradually introduce them to each other, maybe let him and Sam get to know each other first.

Hope it all works out and glad Ed is ok... And thanks for everything with the Shelter today :)

Keep us filled in, and yes have another drink!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.   BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 4:06 am

Good morning Ladies.......Thurs.Sept22, 2011......I just now glanced at the clock......its only 3.45am......I thought it was 545.....oh well......am up now.

Didn't hear a peep for the Snickers bar all night......just the odd little "squeak" but certainly nothing to get me worried about. Shaemus on the other hand did not change his tune.........Brayed that soulfull sound practically every hour.

I havent woken up with a magical solution, and yes, donkey has to be gelded, but he only dropped his second ball in the last couple of weeks and he had never given me any reason to be concerned before yesterday.....he was just a big comical kid and I love him.

Guess its a little early to be dragging Snickers in here for his first official visit and screen test......but maybe not.........think I'll brush my teeth, have a coffee and see how receptive he is to joining us.........
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.   BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 6:08 am

Sam goes in to check on Snickers.

BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. - Page 2 Dsci0079

BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. - Page 2 Dsci0080

BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. - Page 2 Dsci0082

BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. - Page 2 Dsci0083

and there are obvious signs of pooping and peeing.....he has eaten some hay......he seems quite content to have Sam in beside him......glad yesterday doesnt seem to have effected him too badly........wwooo hoo
Back to top Go down
Tie

PostSubject: Re: BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.   BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 6:15 am

Oh Joan I feel so bad for you - after all you've gone through and the difficult decisions you've had to make recently all you need is this. It probably is because the donkey is still intact - hopefully once he is gelded he will change his tune and you'll once again have harmony. Don't give up. :)

I'm glad your hubby is okay!!!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.   BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 7:05 am

This is how I had pictured their first meeting going............

BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. - Page 2 Dsci0084

BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. - Page 2 Dsci0085

BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. - Page 2 Dsci0086

Sam making sure all is right with the world

BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. - Page 2 Dsci0087
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

PostSubject: Re: BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.   BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 8:01 am

Hope today goes better Joan !!! it will take time !! poor Ed....
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.   BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 8:08 am

Snickers ventures out a little to talk to Shaemus........so far so good...........

BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. - Page 2 Dsci0088

BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. - Page 2 Dsci0089

BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. - Page 2 Dsci0090
Back to top Go down
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

PostSubject: Re: BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.   BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 8:10 am

HOLY thistle! Well it must have been a scarry experience for Ed. I hope he is doing okay today. From what I understand, Donkeys and horses don't act much alike. Donkeys are one of the smartest critters out there.

Your new little fellow is mega cute, especially all covered in shavings.. Looks like the meeting between he and Sam went realy well. You just might have to keep 2 fences between him and Donk for a spell. lol I love the name you picked out for your new boy.

Lets hope your next couple of days are uneventful, and you all get a chance to settle in. Never a dull moment in your world, eh, Joan!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.   BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 8:50 am

Things look better this morning J! But yes first things first Donkey needs his ornaments removed he obviously knows they are there and is acting out.. You know men, all they think with is with what's "down there" so I think that castrating him is going to do him and ED a ton of good! :)

Glad things are better today! Sam is just toooo sweet!!!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.   BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 10:26 am

why am I missing some pictures......where the Bleeding heart did they go.......they were there earlier this morning????? BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. - Page 2 382802 BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. - Page 2 99871
Back to top Go down
Wil-If-I-Want

PostSubject: Re: BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.   BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 10:31 am

Wowzers! What a traumatic day. I've been following your story Joan, my boyfriend as well. We like to watch the videos and hear the updates of how things are going for your crew!

I've been in a situation just like Ed... the Donkey became aggressive and would try to mount us... after he was castrated things settled down and the issues never came up again. I loved that donk! he used to go on full length trail rides with us.. just galloping up, beside, and behind us.

I think your dog is Jem! he seems so sweet natured, curious, friendly & respectful! I'd hate for your donk's testosterone levels to affect his relationship with Sam and for something serious to occur. Its crazy how powerful a donkey's kick or bite is!

The Jennys where I board are pastured with sheep, goats, and llamas and they all worked out their quirks and kinks within no time.

I wish you all the best of luck, and hope that Ed isn't too sore today! It's hard to get over something like that when it is your own pet that disrespected you, but poor Shaemus has been through quite a bit these last few days.

Your pony is the sweetest thing ever. I've no experience with anything so tiny! I just want to squeeze him!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.   BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 10:52 am

Thanks Wil.......me too.........and here is another reason why.......

Snickers and his Snickers bar

BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. - Page 2 Dsci0094
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.   BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 12:33 pm

Snickers first lesson.......turning left and right........

BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. - Page 2 Dsci0095

BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. - Page 2 Dsci0096

loving Sam

BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. - Page 2 Dsci0097

Snickers from the rear.....bum shot

BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. - Page 2 Dsci0098

Snickers learns his first trick
BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. - Page 2 Dsci0099

BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. - Page 2 Dsci0100

BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. - Page 2 Dsci0102

Back to top Go down
Twilight

PostSubject: Re: BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.   BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 1:32 pm

What a cutie Snickers is!

I have had a couple of donkeys, and they sure are fun. It sounds as if your lovely boy is a) acting a bit studly, and b) having his herd/guard instinct come out. With your recent loss, he may be viewing anyone coming into his zone as a threat. Donkeys are very sensitive, and easily un-nerved.

We are very lucky with my donkey, as is super-friendly, and receptive to most animals. He did, however, get my mother's dog down a few years ago, and I am sure he would chase off any predators. He and my old dog had an uneasy agreement about territory, but I wouldn't want to test him with any strange dogs. And we sure don't have coyotes around with Danny-Boy present!

Good luck with your introductions, and keep the pics coming!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.   BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 1:39 pm

Twilight, up until yesterday I never had a worry about Shaemus, He has always been just a lot of fun to be around and kept me laughing since the day I brought him home. I am hoping that gelding him will bring him back to being the sweet natured guy I love.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.   BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 2:07 pm

The new midget has only been on the property 24hours and I only started the blog Tuesday ......at the moment we have over 775 views and are on page 3 already.........Guess Snickers has already got himself a large following........woooo hoooo BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. - Page 2 69474
Back to top Go down
MSFarm

PostSubject: Re: BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.   BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 6:13 pm

OF course he DOES!!! he is just so DARN CUTE!!!!

took a quick look at the photos today and now have to run into town... got off work late. will catch up with everything after I get back.
BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. - Page 2 69474
Back to top Go down
http://www.mountainsandranch.webs.com/
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.   BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 6:29 am

Good Morning Ladies........Fri Sept 23......AND I must say, am feeling a whole lot more relaxed about the Shaemus and Snickers situation. They are out there this morning munching on the same little pile of hay.....all be it Shaemus is still on the other side of Snickers stall door. Shaemus could just leave if he wanted, the front part of the barn is open for him to wander in and out as he pleases...I think its a gesture of good will.......Well thats what I am hoping and sticking to at this point. Oh, I wouldnt be foolish enough just to let them out together because donkey is just like a dog.....if its running he's gotta be chasing it.

Yesterday I had the Snickers Bar sequestered in the run in so he could wander a little in there and get closer to Shaemus through the gate. Everytime donkey left to go play with Sam or eat grass the little fellow would holler and donkey would call back, running right in to see what he wanted......it was pretty cool and sure made me feel much better. Every hour I would put Snickers on a lead and take him out for 15mins to nibble a little on the grass and do a little work with him......I can now kiss to him to come and have the lead put on and he has figured out the RELEASE of pressure on it. I had him turning right and left and was starting to walk like the little gentleman I know he is.

I can now reach out and touch him without him jumping back in fear....and I got so far as running my hand over his back and down his legs........so am thinking when Sooke gets here we shouldnt have too many problems checking to see if his little balls have dropped enough yet to have him gelded.

You probably have seen the DONKEY DENUTTING DONATION DRIVE posted in the Berts Diner forum and possibly even in my facebook....this is not something I would have done of my own volition, but after all the suggestions from folks that know my situation I relented and figured I would ask for help to get both boys done and hopefully save my sanity and get to keep both of them.

Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.   BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 6:54 am

I thought yesterday since things were moving along so well with Snickers, I would throw a folded up tarp into the run in and see what kind of reaction I would get.......if you had been following along in Donkeys Blog you saw how easily he took everything and never batted an eye not matter what I threw at him.......this is what I got

BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. - Page 2 Dsci0103

BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. - Page 2 Dsci0104

BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. - Page 2 Dsci0105
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.   BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 7:09 am

Isnt it funny how some stuff just pops into your mind when you least expect it. A week or so ago I had noticed a marking on donkeys back, just behind his withers, that I thought looked like a head shot of Haimish in profile.....(along with the perfect heart on his shoulder bone}....but this morning I realized that it looks more like a perfect picture of Snickers......its even the right colour.......am I nuts or what???//

BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. - Page 2 Dsci0107
Back to top Go down
Simi
Mod
Simi

PostSubject: Re: BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.   BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 9:15 am

Cool girl and not at all.. : )
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
Loves Color

Loves Color

PostSubject: Re: BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.   BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 11:20 am

Joan, Snickers is the cuties little thing ever!! He seems to be taking everything in stride, you did say he hadn't been handle? Right?

Wow, the place you got him from seem like a small Zoo...so neet. I beleive I even saw a Boston Terrier in one picture. What is up with that pig?? That is HUGH.

Keep the stories coming, I can't wait to get on to see what happened next.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.   BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 11:49 am

no Dee, never been handled, just out with the mares, babies and the stud....The night before I picked him up was the first time he had on a halter and was taken from his mum.......he is a very laid back little guy and seems to just go with the flow. :cowboyhound.gi Twin LightHouse Farms is a sort of petting Zoo, Agri Tour type place, they have lots of interesting creatures and the kids come and feed them and have a picnic......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.   BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BRINGING HOME THE SNICKERS BAR...first pix up.
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next