Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 

Polocrosse!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wil-If-I-Want

PostSubject: Polocrosse!!   Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:13 am

I board my horse at a stable without an area but am fortunate that the neighbour has an amazing set up. It is three drive ways down - about a 10 minute ride at a walk on the road. She's got a lovely indoor arena with rubber/sand footing. I haven't been there since last winter other than meeting her in her yard for a trail ride a few weeks ago.

Anyway, they've recently purchased 100+ acres of fields just up the road. They do not wish to relocate there, rather to develop it for horse activities, hay fields, and some pasture for her horses where she will set up her camper. One of the ideas was to start a polocrosse team. They want activities to do during hunting season as she and her husband are avid trail riders (as well as their neighbour across the street)

WELL! Her gear has arrived. They've been practicing and its quite difficult to get used to however she says it is a LOT of fun. They don't have enough members for a team (as it takes 6 to play a game) but she's invited the girls from my stable over to practice, just waiting on a date.

I ride western, but if I really got into the swing of the sport I will purchase a english saddle so that the cantle/horn is not in the way. It's a big of a rough sport at upon first impression ie: there is a lot of contact sometimes. For the past year I've been completely out of my horses face so it will take some adjustment and LOTS of training if I actually became part of a "team"

I don't have sound at my office desk but I'm hoping this video is good. I'm so excited to try something new!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jhoNQ5SsX0
Back to top Go down
oldladynewhorse
Mod

PostSubject: Re: Polocrosse!!   Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:50 pm

I can't see the video @ work but it sounds like a lot of fun and skill involved. I would probably end up on the ground more than anything or hanging on to my horse's neck for dear life.

:cowgirlride.gi

PostSubject: Re: Polocrosse!!   Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:06 pm

WOW

watch this video. It is a combination of dressage and western.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7e-M1y_hCE&feature=relmfu
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Polocrosse!!   

Back to top Go down

Polocrosse!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Custom Hats By Sue :: Keeping and Caring for Horses :: Around the Barn- general horse discussions-
Jump to: