Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gelding a horse...price?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Beauty

Gelding a horse...price? Empty
PostSubject: Gelding a horse...price?   Gelding a horse...price? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 6:01 pm

I was just wondering about how much it is to Geld a horse. I have a coming 2 yr old colt who will be gelded in the next few months. I haven't had a colt before (just my old mare) so I am just curious.
Back to top Go down
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

PostSubject: Re: Gelding a horse...price?   Gelding a horse...price? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 7:40 pm

Where are you located?
Back to top Go down
Beauty

PostSubject: Re: Gelding a horse...price?   Gelding a horse...price? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 7:42 pm

I am in PEI so he would be going to the College to have the snip.
Back to top Go down
mypony

PostSubject: Re: Gelding a horse...price?   Gelding a horse...price? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 2:02 pm

I usually don't find that Vet College cheaper then a regular vet. Plus you have to truck the horse in to town. If you don't have a regular vet, you should call around and see what different vet clinics charge. I think it is over $200 and that is if everything goes well! It might be a good idea to get him gelded sooner rather then later, cause the bugs are not too bad right now! If you wait till the weather warms up, the flies come out! Best of luck!
Back to top Go down
TripleCRanch

PostSubject: Re: Gelding a horse...price?   Gelding a horse...price? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 6:42 pm

I don't think the vet collage would be the cheapest route to go. I had two horses gelded last fall, with meds included for 250..
Back to top Go down
Beauty

PostSubject: Re: Gelding a horse...price?   Gelding a horse...price? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 7:20 pm

So I called the college today. The price seemed pretty good. Now to find out if they have both decended. If not the price grows tremendously the higher into the abdomen they have to go....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gelding a horse...price?   Gelding a horse...price? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gelding a horse...price?
Page 1 of 1