Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 

Busy season...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Loves Color

PostSubject: Busy season...   Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:17 am

Well it has a busy season for us so far. My daughter and I have both changed our focus and are reining full time now and loving it. We have done several clinics this season starting with Sophie Laverdière held at Sumac Farms, another with Travis Smith held at Sky Valley Farms and several with our coach Norma Graham held at Double J Stables.

As well, this is my daughter's second show season in the reining world and she is doing great. She showed in Sussex at the NBCRA show and got a 6th in the Green Rider class. Her next show was in Windsor hosted by the Valley Reiners, she placed 3rd in her youth class, 1st and 3rd in her two Green Rider classes and 2nd in the qualifying class.

There is a chance that my daughter and a very good friend of hers will be going to Quebec to represent Nova Scotia in the Canadian Interprovincial Equestrian Championships in September.

So as you can see it has been a very busy seasons for us and I am loving every minute of it
Back to top Go down
Tango

PostSubject: Re: Busy season...   Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:43 am

Good for you! Sounds like fun. My horse is relatively sound (for him) and once all the hay is done I hope my daughters and I will get some serious saddle time. Lots more places to ride once the hay is cut, not much fun wading though tall pollen-y grass, for me anyway - kachoooooo. When is the next reining show in Sussex, we'll have to look for you if we can get over.
Back to top Go down
Loves Color

PostSubject: Re: Busy season...   Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:57 am

Do you do your own hay? Wish we had that option; but, even if we had the land the soil in our area doesn't produce good horse hay. Makes it expensive to get hay because we have to haul it in; but, that is what you do for your horses, lol.

The next show in Sussex is August 25th and 26th. I will be easy to spot I will be the lady with the boxer puppy. Hope to see you there.
Back to top Go down
Tango

PostSubject: Re: Busy season...   Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:42 am

We have about 20 cattle and the horses we cut our own hay for. We only have about 50 acres of cleared ground which isn't quite enough, but luckily my father in law does repair work for a neighbour and he bales 40 or 50 rounds on his ground which gives us plenty :-)

Oh that weekend is our 4H achievement day. Maybe the next one. Shoot the summer is going fast.
Back to top Go down
lb-ranch

PostSubject: Re: Busy season...   Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:15 pm

Congrats on your daughters progress, always fun watching them learn and get to do things we didnt do as kids. Busy time here too but then a stable is always busy lol!
Back to top Go down
oldladynewhorse
Mod

PostSubject: Re: Busy season...   Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:05 am

Loves Color - I may be down to Sussex that weekend. If I go I will look you up!!

Mod

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Busy season...   Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:12 am

oh how cool is that........way to go...........so happy you guys are having so much fun and success together.....wooooo hooooo

Mod

PostSubject: Re: Busy season...   Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:24 am

It's been busy for me this summer. Not horse related though. Just very busy at work. The transportation industry is a fickle and strange one. I have been trying to ride every day but it never happens. I did show @ our local horse show. Ponie got 4th out of 10 in Open halter mares and I got 4th out of 10 in Senior showmanship. I was very pleased. Trying to get to the Paint Show on Labour Day weekend. Here is a picture of Ponie@ the show

Mod

PostSubject: Re: Busy season...   Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:38 am

Jayne she looks terrific.....but why would you not give her her own post so folks can find it????

Mod

PostSubject: Re: Busy season...   Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:49 am

May do that. JJ. I think I will post pictures of the show.

Mod

PostSubject: Re: Busy season...   Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:55 am

hahaha.......GOOD IDEA!!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: Busy season...   Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:48 am

Thanks everyone...I have been saying all summer that it doesn't get any better than this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Busy season...   

Back to top Go down

Busy season...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1