Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

or another favourite controversy of mine

Go down 
+2
imarowdyrebel
just joan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

or another favourite controversy of mine Empty
PostSubject: or another favourite controversy of mine   or another favourite controversy of mine Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 12:45 pm

Should seniors be entitled to better health care and lodging than convicted criminals??????
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
imarowdyrebel

imarowdyrebel

PostSubject: Re: or another favourite controversy of mine   or another favourite controversy of mine Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 5:17 pm

of course! I think it is pathetic how good criminals have it!
Back to top Go down
Simi
Mod
Simi

PostSubject: Re: or another favourite controversy of mine   or another favourite controversy of mine Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 8:07 am

Its Sad....
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
tilly

PostSubject: Re: or another favourite controversy of mine   or another favourite controversy of mine Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 10:40 am

Joan it is an interesting topic. I live in a village with a Federal Pen and my father and brother worked there. It says something about our society by how we treat our inmates and seniors. I think it is a disgrace that many seniors live in poverty and we keep building more Penitentiaries when crime in Canada is at its lowest in 30 years but I guess that is what the current government wants and they don't give a lick about seniors.
But I don't think inmates should be treated poorly and everyone deserves good health care. Inmates are paying there debt to society and most will be let out someday. I guess I have learned from my brother working there, everyone deserves a second chance and everyone can change.
It is not a nice place to be!!!!!! It is a tough place to work. Many people who work at Correction Facilities become Alcoholics, if you work inside the wall for 30 years you have done more than 15 years behind bars.
Back to the Seniors, I don't know what we can do to bring attention to the fact that Seniors need more but in a society that likes everything shiny and new, throw out the old, I wonder what is going to happened to us Baby Boomers! I joke that we will end up like the movie "Logan's Run". LOL
I like this Joan more people need to discuss things like this
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: or another favourite controversy of mine   or another favourite controversy of mine Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 11:00 am

there are many topics that we could discuss, not all horse related.....like do you believe in assisted dying.....or have you discussed what your loved ones want as their dying wishes.....lots of time we know more about what our friends want because we joke about it.......eg.....I want to be cremated and sprinkled in my manure pile........and a big party with dancing and singing...........but I have never discussed this with my daughter or husband other than in passing and they probably think I was joking..........I would never have wanted to be a Guard at a prison, would indeed be very hard..........but I do think that the HARDENED CRIMINALS or the Rapists and Pedophiles do not deserve another chance nor should they get better health care or food than the seniors of this country..........but then I believe in the DEATH PENALTY and if I had a chance I would pull the trigger on a few all by myself.............see, now you have learned something entirely new about me..........hahahaha.
Back to top Go down
Loves Color

Loves Color

PostSubject: Re: or another favourite controversy of mine   or another favourite controversy of mine Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 12:47 pm

A lady I know thinks that the worst of the worst crimnals should be keep seperate in a good facility that keeps them very healthy and when a donor organ is needed just go there and get a match.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: or another favourite controversy of mine   or another favourite controversy of mine Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 12:54 pm

that would be another alternative to having young Indian girls from abroad come over and give their organs on the black market....
Back to top Go down
tilly

PostSubject: Re: or another favourite controversy of mine   or another favourite controversy of mine Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 8:45 pm

Joan I love to discuss things, it makes you think and you see things from a different perspective. I too want to be cremated and my ashes sprinkled on the manure pile with a party and I say it all the time, so I hope my family will do it LOL
I have lived my whole life looking at a penitentiary and family working there, it becomes a part of your life and I guess I see criminals in a different way. My father and brother worked in shops with a crew of inmates, so they got to know them and their life story. Most inmates don't have a happy life story, many as children they became hardened individuals.
Oh I believe that some inmates should never get out , some are predators and they will rape, molest or murder again but we have very few that are designated as dangerous offenders in this country. (I think that should change) Almost all inmates get out of prison someday and it does not make them nicer, kinder person. Prison is a violent place.
I believe in the death penalty for the very worst, but I don't believe in being cruel if someone is under our care, it is why I am glad to live in Canada.
I can see your point of view as it burns me that they let inmates vote now. I think when you go to prison you loose that right. But I guess some politician needed some votes!
Personally I think we need to save children from becoming criminals but I don't know the answer to that. My brother thinks that mothers should be paid to stay home with children until age 5 and have better after school programs.
I agree more should be spent on seniors but politicians think everyone is like them, big pensions and RRSP's
I am kind of afraid to discuss things for fear people are going to get mad, it makes me nervous.LOL
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: or another favourite controversy of mine   or another favourite controversy of mine Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 9:36 pm

nobody here is gonna be mad Tilly, just because we are discussing something other than horse care.....we still dont tolerate Ignorance and Beligerance........its a discussion.......means everyone is entititled to an opinion......and I for one am really glad we are actually having a conversation.........wooooooo hoooooooooooo
Back to top Go down
Sooke

Sooke

PostSubject: Re: or another favourite controversy of mine   or another favourite controversy of mine Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 10:44 am

I know you wanted to be cremated, and have a party with singing and dancing...but I didn't know about the manure pile...thought you wanted the Stampede arena...so all those lovely cowboys would fall on you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: or another favourite controversy of mine   or another favourite controversy of mine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

or another favourite controversy of mine
Page 1 of 1