Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

grazing muzzles?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mypony

grazing muzzles? Empty
PostSubject: grazing muzzles?   grazing muzzles? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 9:53 pm

I have an overweight horse and all he gets to eat is grass. I was thinking of getting him a grazing muzzle. Does anyone on here have a grazing muzzle? How does it work? Some better then others? Where did you get it from?

Thanks
Jen
Back to top Go down
Imagine

grazing muzzles? Empty
PostSubject: Re: grazing muzzles?   grazing muzzles? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 1:28 pm

I have used one for Image.
I found that it was not a great invention to be frank.
I got the one that has the 4 snaps that you attach to your halter.
The main issue I found was that the whole in the bottom was too small that if the grass was not just the right length it would just flatten the grass as soon as she put her head down. I made the hole a little bigger and that worked.
I gave up on the whole idea, as it was uncomfortable for her, would shift and rubbed her fur off.

I have resorted to feeding her magnesuium oxide and chromium, and lots of movement.
Its working so far.
Back to top Go down
mypony

grazing muzzles? Empty
PostSubject: Re: grazing muzzles?   grazing muzzles? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 11:39 pm

Tell me more about this magnesium oxide and chromium?
Back to top Go down
Imagine

grazing muzzles? Empty
PostSubject: Re: grazing muzzles?   grazing muzzles? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:51 pm

Hey,

You can get the MgO at any feed mill. I know that Balance it has the best prices. ( $26 for 25kg)
You only feed about an ouce and a half a day so I generally only buy a kg a time, it lasts a while.
Chromium same deal....I have not fed it in a while so i forget where the best deals are. just call around.

right now I have been just giving her the MgO mixed with some Boss.

check out some of the feeds designed for horses with insulin resistences, etc.
Mg0 and cromium are the active ingrediants.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

grazing muzzles? Empty
PostSubject: Re: grazing muzzles?   grazing muzzles? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

grazing muzzles?
Page 1 of 1