Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Halter problems:(

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GeneralLee

GeneralLee

Halter problems:( Empty
PostSubject: Halter problems:(   Halter problems:( Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 8:34 pm

I just bought my gelding and brought him to his new home a few days ago. Yesterday I tried to put his bridle on in his stall to see if it fit him and he refused to let me put anything over his ears. He had no problem accepting the bit, just the leather over his ears. He is only three so he may have picked up a strange habit but, I'm not sure what to do to help this. I won't even let me touch the area. Nothing else bothers him at all so I just found it strange and wanted to see if anyone had any tips or input on what I can do to help the situation!!
:36_33_11[1].gi
Back to top Go down
Dun Tru

Dun Tru

PostSubject: Re: Halter problems:(   Halter problems:( Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 8:57 pm

He might have some really bad bug bites which are bothering him, making him not wanting anything to touch his ears. I would try lots of approach and retreat - try not to be direct line thinking. It isn't about touching his ears! Touch all over him, and slowly work your way towards the ears, then back off, then approach closer to the ears and back off. Do this over and over again until he doesn't balk or shy away when you get close to the ears.
Back to top Go down
http://www.meadowbrookstables.8k.com
GeneralLee

GeneralLee

PostSubject: Re: Halter problems:(   Halter problems:( Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 9:28 pm

Thank you for your input:)
I was doing that for two hours today while he was eating grass and I will do it again tomorrow. Someone told me it may just be a trust issue (where I just bought him) so I've also been babying him and talking to him lots.
Back to top Go down
~TC~

PostSubject: Re: Halter problems:(   Halter problems:( Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 9:38 pm

Could have warts in his ears too....he is at the age to start breaking out in them...although that is usually around the muzzle area...

Same idea though....sores that make the ears sensitive...
Back to top Go down
GeneralLee

GeneralLee

PostSubject: Re: Halter problems:(   Halter problems:( Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 1:42 am

The vet is coming out for needles on Monday so I will be sure to get her to take a look to see if anything sore may be there.
Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halter problems:(   Halter problems:( Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Halter problems:(
Page 1 of 1