Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalRegisterLog in

Showmanship without the chain under chin

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bay-Lee

Bay-Lee

Showmanship without the chain under chin Empty
PostSubject: Showmanship without the chain under chin   Showmanship without the chain under chin Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 5:59 pm

I have decided to do showmanship with no chain under Bay-lee's chin, he responds alot better with a lead line attached to his halter, I am only doing a fun show, but has anyone ever seen someone doing this in showmanship??.. I am so afraid to hurt him, while practicing, I passed my time loosening the chain.. commments please.... thanks.. Showmanship without the chain under chin 817204
Back to top Go down
Jewels

Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Showmanship without the chain under chin   Showmanship without the chain under chin Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 11:54 am

I have seen it done before... The show that I saw it done at was a open show, but if you went to a breed show it would NOT be allowed. The person still placed, but I think it's preferred that you have the chain under.
Jewels doesnt like the chain under her chin that much either. But she's getting alot better with it:)
Back to top Go down
RobinsKelticBuckaroo

RobinsKelticBuckaroo

PostSubject: Re: Showmanship without the chain under chin   Showmanship without the chain under chin Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 4:34 pm

Actually it is allowed at some(if not all, i haven't checked all breed rule books) breed shows. There is nothing in the AQHA rule book about not showing with a chain, or showing with it under or over.

Personal preference Showmanship without the chain under chin 368450

IMO all showmanship horses should be able to go halter less and just listen to your body. Most just use the chain under the chin to refine their cues if they must use them in the show ring.
Back to top Go down
lb-ranch

PostSubject: Re: Showmanship without the chain under chin   Showmanship without the chain under chin Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 6:23 pm

for kids first halter show he wasnt used to a chain so I used a twist tie to secure the chain to the ring under his chin so it couldnt be seen but wouldnt tighten up the chain when tugged.
Back to top Go down
tazzette

tazzette

PostSubject: Re: Showmanship without the chain under chin   Showmanship without the chain under chin Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 8:09 am

i use a chain just because my guy listens better with it. id prefer to go without but at most high level shows its required i dont show much, but ive audited a few :). but safety first so whatever your horse is safest with would be best
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Showmanship without the chain under chin   Showmanship without the chain under chin Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Showmanship without the chain under chin
Page 1 of 1