Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Good day bad day, Loooooong day. With pics :)

Go down 
+4
C4B's
Freva
Simi
lb-ranch
8 posters
AuthorMessage
lb-ranch

Good day bad day, Loooooong day.  With pics :) Empty
PostSubject: Good day bad day, Loooooong day. With pics :)   Good day bad day, Loooooong day.  With pics :) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 8:51 am

As suggested by Freva I'm posting this under here.
to start with every time Freva posted pics of her yearling colt I'd drool, (all her babies are gorgeous but he's been my favorite, I'm partial to tobiano's :)
Any how... After her last photos online of him I asked if they'd consider a trade, well.... after many emails back and forth they accepted :)
So yesterday I got up early to trailer my mare up and to bring Eli back,, so far good day, My mare hadnt been trailered in 3 years so she wasnt sure at first but loaded within 2 min so very pleased. Day getting better :) picked up my daughter and grand daughter to go on the road trip with me,. Going through Oromocto get passed by someone frantically waving telling me we lost a hubcap going through the 10 mile construction zone, Hubcap we just replaced back in april and they're $400 US per cap from the manufacturer !!! (we didnt pay that but not sure if we can find another deal to replace the one I lost yesterday) Turned around and drove back to previous exit (29km) then back through construction zone slowly but to no avail :( still no cap. so here's first "bad" for day.
Get to Freva's (super nice and amazing horses) gave Simmie her hug from Sue, lol.
Settled my mare into a stall, led Eli to trailer, he'd never been in one but loaded in about 30 seconds flat, Super boy, Day good again :)
Got back to moncton dropped of daughter and grand daughter, went to fuel up, fueled up, truck wont start. towed truck away from pumps to middle of parking lot, city slickers stop by to say "wow!! its a real horse in a horse trailer!" lol, duh, horse trailer = good chance of real horse inside, City slickers ask can pet "real" horse, So Eli being a champ lets City slickers rub his nose, (I think one girl and her boyfriend had never touched a horse before, they were talking about it all the way across the parking lot after they petted him) Grand daughter also petted her "Gog" to her all animals are dogs so she just kept saying Gog, Gog, Gog when ever she saw horses. Fed Eli supper on trailer, he finally fell asleep leaning on the divider, sooo cute :) spent next 5 hours waiting for husband to come off job site in Miriamachi to come check out his truck, also waited for son (also diesel mechanic) to come from Spirng hill with his truck. Had truck towed to inlaws home, Son hooked his truck to trailer at midnight, got home just before 1am, Eli Unloaded in dark, walked quietly into barn, munched some hay then went to sleep. All through this he never even whinnied, nor was he upset with strangers (me included) handling him or moving him. Anyways here's a couple photos (first are from Freva, (many many THanks :) )
Giving Simmie her hug from Sue, lol

Good day bad day, Loooooong day.  With pics :) 5760_249795615191_512275191_8322967_3632681_n
Eli loaded in trailer for trip home
Good day bad day, Loooooong day.  With pics :) 5760_249945900191_512275191_8325140_6124814_n

Eli's at breakfast this morning :)
Good day bad day, Loooooong day.  With pics :) 5760_249930985191_512275191_8325004_4387417_n
Good day bad day, Loooooong day.  With pics :) 5760_249930990191_512275191_8325005_3018599_n
and a pic of my granddaughter at Frevas toddling around after visiting her "gogs"

Good day bad day, Loooooong day.  With pics :) 5760_249949655191_512275191_8325244_4793683_n

Last edited by lb-ranch on Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Simi
Mod
Simi

PostSubject: Re: Good day bad day, Loooooong day. With pics :)   Good day bad day, Loooooong day.  With pics :) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 8:56 am

oh sly not good but i am glad you got home ok with your new boy and thank you so much for hugging my girl for me, can't wait to get her home.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: Good day bad day, Loooooong day. With pics :)   Good day bad day, Loooooong day.  With pics :) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 12:56 pm

What a day you had!!! I got tired just reading about it. I am glad that Eli was well behaved for you and that he was good in the trailer. It was great meeting you, your daughter and sweet little grand daughter. She really does love her"gogs"!!!!

It was a blessing in a way that your breakdown, if it had to happen, happened after you dropped your daughter and grand daughter off and that it didn't happen on the highway. Trying to see the best in a bad situation.

Eli looks quite content in his new digs. We will really miss him but know he will get lots of TLC with you. Hope he continues to be a good boy for you
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
lb-ranch

PostSubject: Re: Good day bad day, Loooooong day. With pics :)   Good day bad day, Loooooong day.  With pics :) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 1:13 pm

New photos from his morning in his new paddock,
groomed him this morning and put a little MTG on some itchy summer spots.
He greeted the others at the fence then went to munching ;)
Excited to be in the new paddock.
Good day bad day, Loooooong day.  With pics :) 5760_249988150191_512275191_8326076_7981844_n
Good day bad day, Loooooong day.  With pics :) 5760_249988155191_512275191_8326077_3065244_n
meet and greet over the fence
Good day bad day, Loooooong day.  With pics :) 5760_249999455191_512275191_8326390_614713_n
Ooooooh A Camera.... let me see :)
Good day bad day, Loooooong day.  With pics :) 5760_250000155191_512275191_8326394_7360903_n
Good day bad day, Loooooong day.  With pics :) 5760_249992965191_512275191_8326297_3602424_n
Good day bad day, Loooooong day.  With pics :) 5760_249992955191_512275191_8326295_7070626_n
Mouth full of brunch
Good day bad day, Loooooong day.  With pics :) 5760_250000160191_512275191_8326395_4308954_n
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: Good day bad day, Loooooong day. With pics :)   Good day bad day, Loooooong day.  With pics :) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 1:17 pm

I might be a bit prejudice but... he is pretty!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
Simi
Mod
Simi

PostSubject: Re: Good day bad day, Loooooong day. With pics :)   Good day bad day, Loooooong day.  With pics :) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 1:43 pm

Handsome Man Congrats!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
C4B's

C4B's

PostSubject: Re: Good day bad day, Loooooong day. With pics :)   Good day bad day, Loooooong day.  With pics :) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 5:49 pm

Congratulations on your new boy, sorry you had such a bad time getting him........
Back to top Go down
Dun Tru

Dun Tru

PostSubject: Re: Good day bad day, Loooooong day. With pics :)   Good day bad day, Loooooong day.  With pics :) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 6:13 pm

Congrats! He is a stunning colt that is for sure! Gld to hear that your day turned out in the end (even if you had a few bumps in the road!!) What are your plans for the colt?? I can't wait to see more pictures!
Back to top Go down
http://www.meadowbrookstables.8k.com
lb-ranch

PostSubject: Re: Good day bad day, Loooooong day. With pics :)   Good day bad day, Loooooong day.  With pics :) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 6:56 pm

Moody Blue wrote:
Congrats! He is a stunning colt that is for sure! Gld to hear that your day turned out in the end (even if you had a few bumps in the road!!) What are your plans for the colt?? I can't wait to see more pictures!

Well starting today we're looking at yearling halter, already introduced him to having his legs washed, he did really good with being hosed on the front legs, moved a little on the back ones but its a start, he trotted along side me a couple times today, he's a little lazy on moving out but is figuring out that when I speed up he should too. and for first time trying to set him up he moves his feet pretty easily by stepping my boot toe on the front of what ever hoof I'm asking him to move while asking for back with his halter. He's a quick learner.
We'll do Halter at the paint show in September, hopefully my truck will be ready by then, lol
winter to grow and be handled, Spring we'll see how he's maturing and go from there. If his upper brain stays smarter than his lower one then he'll keep his jewels. He has a natural nice headset so maybe western Pleasure (I'm not a speedster) we'll see how he finishes off and what he'll be suited for as he grows up.
He's settled in amazingly well and is very quiet and friendly. Kudos to his parents who gave him an awesome start ;)
Back to top Go down
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

PostSubject: Re: Good day bad day, Loooooong day. With pics :)   Good day bad day, Loooooong day.  With pics :) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:32 pm

Looks like even after all the not so good events the day ended well!!!

Glad to hear he is settling in so well!!! I look forward to lots more pictures :flower:
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
naughty by nature

PostSubject: Re: Good day bad day, Loooooong day. With pics :)   Good day bad day, Loooooong day.  With pics :) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 10:54 pm

He's beautiful good luck with him
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Good day bad day, Loooooong day. With pics :)   Good day bad day, Loooooong day.  With pics :) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 8:45 am

Holy Smokes woman.........that was quite an adventure for you all.....glad it ended so happily..............HE SURE LOOKS QUITE AT HOME AT YOUR HOUSE.........what a beautiful boy...........and of course he was a perfect gentleman getting on the trailer and being good through all the circumstances..........he came from a great place..............WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO CONGRATULATIONS........ :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
lb-ranch

PostSubject: Re: Good day bad day, Loooooong day. With pics :)   Good day bad day, Loooooong day.  With pics :) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 1:14 pm

little turkey pulled his first (and hopefully last) baby knot head stunt today.
I brought him in to give him his breakfast, came back 15 min later to let him out and he came to the door but before I could open it he went up over/through it taking it off it's hinges, made him stand in cross ties while I fixed it and he wasnt pleased at first but settled back to his normal good behavior and got a nice rubdown/grooming after I fixed the door. I did get a knock on my knee from the door as it fell but only a small bruise. I think it was more of a baby thing rather than boy thing, I've had a couple fillies and a gelding do the same thing in the past. He's Gonna start learning what a lunge line is this aft ;) time to grow up and work once in a while not play all day for him anymore. We're just doing 15 min sessions 2-3 times a day to start along with normal grooming and bringing in for feed handling.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good day bad day, Loooooong day. With pics :)   Good day bad day, Loooooong day.  With pics :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good day bad day, Loooooong day. With pics :)
Page 1 of 1