Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Our kids think we're crazy----Update

Go down 
+4
C4B's
Simi
just joan
Freva
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Freva

Freva

Our kids think we're crazy----Update Empty
PostSubject: Our kids think we're crazy----Update   Our kids think we're crazy----Update Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 8:43 pm

Ok...our kid's think we are crazy...when the llama arrived on Sunday, I am beginning to think they might be right. My husband and I have three sons, all grown. They are great kids but for reason each their own, not a horse lover among them. Once we got them all out of the house, Fred and I decided we needed a hobby. At one time we were back down to just my older mare and we bought Merryleggs, the pony to keep her company....it has snowballed from there to, at this time 26. Our kids don't think their father and I learned subtraction in school. Fred informed me on Saturday that we had a llama arriving on Sunday in a deal he fanaggled. What's another critter...the more the merrier I say.

The kids have are probably having the committal papers written up as I write this!!! If you don't hear from me for a while...you'll know where I am....!!!!!

:crazyeyes.gif:

Who could not love a face like this?????

Our kids think we're crazy----Update June142009049

An impressive beast..... you have to keep an open mind.

Our kids think we're crazy----Update Aug92009004

Me and Pecoe. I sort of look like I am in my right mind.

Our kids think we're crazy----Update Aug92009006

Our kids think we're crazy----Update Aug92009002

Our kids think we're crazy----Update Aug92009003

She really is very sweet. She is quite a snuggler when you pat her and she leads really well....for a llama. My brother used to keep a llama years ago but he was a spitter...Pecoe is too much a lady to do that sort of thing. We actually have friends who own sheep and goats and are hoping that they may take her as a guardian animal. For now she is in one of the corrals and she has a very curious group staring at her. They are much better today but there were a lot of snorts yesterday to say the least. I am sure they are siding with our kids.

Last edited by Freva on Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Our kids think we're crazy----Update   Our kids think we're crazy----Update Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 10:39 pm

wELL, i FOR ONE THINK SHE IS BEEEEEEUUUUUUUUUUUUUTIIIIIIIIIIIIFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUL

dont forget to take her poop with you if you are trailering her anywhere......they wont go without it.......apparently........

the two of you look like cosy together........she looks like she deserves a little good luck!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: Our kids think we're crazy----Update   Our kids think we're crazy----Update Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 11:03 pm

I am not too knowledgable about llamas. It seems that I remember you telling someone else in the forum, the poop thing JJ. She really is sort of sweet and she is loveable. She really needs to be sheared. Her coat is thick and matted. I have clipped a few mats off and would love to start trimming her but would have to do it by hand. I checked online and it said to leave about 1 to 2 inches when trimming. Maybe I will get brave and give it a go.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our kids think we're crazy----Update   Our kids think we're crazy----Update Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 11:25 pm

Oh I like her!! And I'm with you, what's one more. ha... Although I'd rather have a alpaca, but my friends have some of those and well they are interesting in their own way. They try and DE-Nut you when you go in the stall with them.! ha....
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: Our kids think we're crazy----Update   Our kids think we're crazy----Update Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 11:42 pm

We are really hoping to find her a hme as a guardian. Pecoe is very gentle.....no funny business in the stall. The horses were not sure what to think of the "beast" in the corral at first. Our little roan mare, Ruby is still snorting a little as of today but the rest are think...what the hey!!!!
Back to top Go down
Simi
Mod
Simi

PostSubject: Re: Our kids think we're crazy----Update   Our kids think we're crazy----Update Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 8:37 am

oh what a cutie...... Love her...
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
C4B's

C4B's

PostSubject: Re: Our kids think we're crazy----Update   Our kids think we're crazy----Update Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 9:43 pm

I love her too, what a beautiful face..........
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Our kids think we're crazy----Update   Our kids think we're crazy----Update Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 9:57 pm

haha l Love her too.. she's sweet.. and Joan will never forget that llama poop story.. don't remember who told us that.. probably it was Cinderelly.. she's makes good stories.. lol
Back to top Go down
naughty by nature

PostSubject: Re: Our kids think we're crazy----Update   Our kids think we're crazy----Update Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 11:08 pm

I can just imagine what your horses thought when you brought her into the barn lol. she's cute good luck finding her a forever home. I want a mini donkey
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: Our kids think we're crazy----Update   Our kids think we're crazy----Update Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 11:13 pm

wISSY....I TOLD ABOUT THE LLAMA POOP........knew folks who bred showed and sold.......they need there own communal poop spot............ :roll: :roll:
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: Our kids think we're crazy----Update   Our kids think we're crazy----Update Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 11:39 pm

Pecoe has settled in quite nicely. Her snaggled tooth mug is so homely its cute. She really is loveable and would make a marvelous pet.

N by N ..... Are you sure that a very sweet, lonely llama wouldn't do in a pinch, at least until you found the mini donkey. It would be a great idea to have company all lined up for the donkey!!!!!

Most of the horses have decided to ignor her. Poor old Ruby, the roan, still has to check her out a few times through the day, snorting and blowing a little just to show her indignation. Pecoe just sticks her snaggle tooth out a little more and twitches her nose...she is kinda cool in a llama-ish way.
Back to top Go down
Sooke

Sooke

PostSubject: Re: Our kids think we're crazy----Update   Our kids think we're crazy----Update Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 12:32 am

If you can't have fun...what's the point? I've been driving my kids nuts for years....It's my job now to get a little back from all the teen years etc...Welcome to the family! Woo Hoo for you! :flower:
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Our kids think we're crazy----Update   Our kids think we're crazy----Update Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 9:48 pm

I think she is absolutely WONDERFUL !!!!! And you don't look toooooo crazy in the pictures. Or at least, not any worse than most of us look! Now we have silly llama stories to look forward to. YIPPPEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: Our kids think we're crazy----Update   Our kids think we're crazy----Update Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 10:15 pm

Thanks Tammy..... it is nice to know that I am not alone!!!!

Our youngest son has a new girlfirend and he is half afraid to bring her for a visit. I think he is afraid we might scare her off. HEE HEE
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: Our kids think we're crazy----Update   Our kids think we're crazy----Update Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 6:13 pm

Never thought to ask what she eats.......is there a feed at the co op or something for her or is it just hay????????????? did you find her a home yet??/ does she get her feet trimmed??/ and does her hair have to come off yearly????? NOT THAT I AM THINKING ON GIVING HER A HOME OR ANYTHING........Just curious as I forget all the REAL STUFF and only remember about the POOP ............ :roll: :roll:
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Update   Our kids think we're crazy----Update Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 9:13 pm

Peco has gone to a new home. It is a lovely little farm with horses, goats and a few sheep and a handsome boy llama. We have just checked on her and apparently it was love at first sight when the llamas laid eyes on each other.

Maybe our kids will tear up the committal papers or at least stow them away until the next time we do something a bit off the wall and now poor Ruby can rest a bit easier since "the beast" has left.
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

PostSubject: Re: Our kids think we're crazy----Update   Our kids think we're crazy----Update Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 9:38 pm

Oh??? how nice is that........ a happy , romantic ending Our kids think we're crazy----Update 775395
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: Our kids think we're crazy----Update   Our kids think we're crazy----Update Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 9:45 pm

It is sort of romantic in a llama-ish way. I think it will be a nice home for her.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: Our kids think we're crazy----Update   Our kids think we're crazy----Update Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 10:52 pm

that my dear was very new age of you............the lovely lady llama longed for her male counterpart.............just like our mares even when he is only a gelding...........super she got a great home......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our kids think we're crazy----Update   Our kids think we're crazy----Update Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our kids think we're crazy----Update
Page 1 of 1