Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

That was fun!

Go down 
+3
Caper Cowgirl
Wissy
SexyDexy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

That was fun! Empty
PostSubject: That was fun!   That was fun! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 2:44 pm

I got a call from the Day Surgery on Monday afternoon saying that they could take me on Wednesday morning for my procedure. Not much notice but I'm happy about getting in fairly quickly.

So I starve myself for 36 hours at which point I was offically 10 lbs lighter. Bonus! I was ready to knaw off an arm on my way in Wed morning. Get all suited up in my jammies (there is absolutely no privacy in Truro's Day Surgery unit either :roll:) and shuffle into the OR. I am terrified at this point since I've never been "put under" for anything before. One of the nurses turns out to be my co-workers wife so I chatted with her while they get my IV set up. The anesthesiologist has a very thick Scottish accent and is asking me about my heart issues and I can't really make out his questions. Actually I thought he was just talking to himself, then realized he was asking me lol! He took the time to look up my ECG results and made sure he wasn't gonna kill me That was fun! 573748

Anyhoo, he knows how scared I am, so just as he's about to give me the good stuff he says "this is the same stuff they gave Micheal Jackson" :affraid: That was fun! 382802 But, that's the last thing I remember. That is really friggen weird when you wake up and have no idea what just happened. I was choking on the tube in my throat when I first woke up, that wasn't so nice. Although, it was the best sleep I've had in a while.

CC - question for you: I noticed the other people they brought into recovery had the tubes taken out right away before they woke up. My monitor had "apnea" highlighted on the screen. Does that mean I was doing something funky in my sleep and they kept the tube in? I ask since my dad was just diagnosed with sleep apnea. I forgot to ask before I left.

Anyways, the rest of the day was uneventful. Got booted out a couple hours after I woke up and went home to sleep. I've been eating everything in sight today That was fun! 764793
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

That was fun! Empty
PostSubject: Re: That was fun!   That was fun! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 8:53 pm

I'm glad your ok babe.. I would have been scared out of my mine.. but then again I'm out of my mind most days anyway..
Happy things went well for you..
Back to top Go down
Caper Cowgirl

Caper Cowgirl

That was fun! Empty
PostSubject: Re: That was fun!   That was fun! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 9:40 pm

Apnea on the screen would have been alerted by you the patient having periods of non-breathing or lengthy pauses between breathes....I would say it was left in as a percaution incase you experienced further periods of apnea resulting in alternative measure being taken.....However, someone should have been monitoring you one on one and saw the signs of your respirations changing indicating you were coming around and the tube should have been removed prior to use reaching full consciousness....that said there are not enough nurses anywhere in the hospital and patient load is near a dangerous level at times

If your father was diagnosed and you should recent signs I would not hesitate to get testing done yourself....Glad you had a good sleep and your surgery is over...how are you feeling?
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

That was fun! Empty
PostSubject: Re: That was fun!   That was fun! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 9:46 pm

I heard the nurses saying "just wait" (directed at me coughing) and "she's awake" so they rushed over as soon as I started to wake up.

Overall, I was really happy with the care I received. No complaints from me.

I feel really good today, considering. A little brain fog but that's nothing new lol!
Back to top Go down
Caper Cowgirl

Caper Cowgirl

That was fun! Empty
PostSubject: Re: That was fun!   That was fun! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 10:14 pm

I loved working at Truro Hospital...The staff is WONDERFUL (minus 2....lol) But most definately over worked
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

That was fun! Empty
PostSubject: Re: That was fun!   That was fun! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 11:08 pm

GOOD FOR YOU CINDYRELLY..........WHEN YOU WOKE UP, DID YOU NOTICE THE CRYSTAL SLIPPER>>>>>>>????
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

That was fun! Empty
PostSubject: Re: That was fun!   That was fun! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 10:19 am

Quote :
WHEN YOU WOKE UP, DID YOU NOTICE THE CRYSTAL SLIPPER>>>>>>>????

I was hoping I'd be seeing more than crystal slippers. No such luck though. When I had my wisdom teeth out I had a blast in recovery. The drugs involved in that were obviously not the same.
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

That was fun! Empty
PostSubject: Re: That was fun!   That was fun! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 12:18 pm

Glad you are ok !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

That was fun! Empty
PostSubject: Re: That was fun!   That was fun! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 2:53 pm

Glad to hear you are doing fine, Dexy!!! Darn hard way to lose 10lbs...!!!!!! Don't rush back to normal stuff too fast....relax and rest for a few days.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
Tammy

That was fun! Empty
PostSubject: Re: That was fun!   That was fun! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 10:32 pm

Good to hear that things went well (except for the tube of course!). I just love being put under. I know there are risks, but the feeling of just leaving it all behind and having a peaceful sleep without dreams is fantastic. My last was a few months ago for a colonoscopy (all clear - I'm good for 5 years now). I wasn't fussy on the proceedure but came to find out that last time they didn't put me under enough which is why it was so painful. This time I only remember being wheeled down the corridor. AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!! Hope things were successful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

That was fun! Empty
PostSubject: Re: That was fun!   That was fun! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

That was fun!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Custom Hats By Sue :: General Topics :: Good Day and/or a Bad Day let us Know!-
Jump to: