Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sharpening Knife

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

Sharpening Knife Empty
PostSubject: Sharpening Knife   Sharpening Knife Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 3:26 pm

TC or anyone else that trims themselves, how do you sharpen your new knives? I bought a new, better quality knife and I know they don't come sharpened. How do you sharpen your knife for the first time? I don't want to ruin it considering I paid a fair bit for it.

I have a Smith's 2 step knife sharpener but that sharpens both edges and I remember reading at one time that some people only sharpen the cutting edge.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
~TC~

Sharpening Knife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharpening Knife   Sharpening Knife Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 9:16 pm

Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

Sharpening Knife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharpening Knife   Sharpening Knife Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 10:49 pm

Great links on technique. Never knew of sharpening towards the handle.

What do you use to sharpen your knives? I used a chainsaw file and that worked OK but it could be better. I'm thinking a wet stone would do a better job.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sharpening Knife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharpening Knife   Sharpening Knife Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sharpening Knife
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Custom Hats By Sue :: Riding Horses :: Bonding With Your Horse - the natural horsemanship way-
Jump to: