Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rave for my helmet!

Go down 
+3
naughty by nature
Tammy
Barefoot_Horsegirl
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

Rave for my helmet! Empty
PostSubject: Rave for my helmet!   Rave for my helmet! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 3:28 pm

On Monday I had my first dressage lesson. I'm not sure why I decided to put myself through this torture Rave for my helmet! Icon_lol but it went well (I honestly think it was pretty bad, but I know it will come in time) and I'll be having another lesson again soon.

So, on Tuesday Jason and I decided to go for a ride just around our own property. Jason was riding Benjamin, and me on Beauty going over some things from my dressage lesson the day before. I was really focused on position and myself, not on what was going on around me. When we rounded the corner at the bottom of the field to head up towards the barn Benjamin decided he should take off like a race horse. When Jason tried to get him under control, his rein broke! Benjamin flew past Beauty and I, she felt it was a race and off she went. When I tried to slow her down she started bucking like a Calgary Stampeded bronc and I was ejected.

It all happened so quickly. Thank god for my helmet! I don't think my head hit the ground but hoofs hit it, its cracked. I have a bruised chin (it looks like someone hit me), my head is still a little bit sore and my neck is stiff. I know that I would be in the hospital if not for my helmet, and who knows, maybe dead! Please, for those of you who ride without helmets please get one! I only started wearing a helmet this last year and I'll never go back to a naked head again.
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Rave for my helmet!   Rave for my helmet! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 10:29 pm

My rule is, NO HELMET - NO RIDE.
Back to top Go down
naughty by nature

PostSubject: Re: Rave for my helmet!   Rave for my helmet! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 10:00 pm

your very lucky even with a helmet you could have been very seriously hurt. I never ride without a helmet I'm too scared
Back to top Go down
naughty by nature

PostSubject: Re: Rave for my helmet!   Rave for my helmet! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 10:01 pm

Um... with that said please ignore my signature picture lol. that is one of only two times I've ridden my horse without a helmet both were for pictures and I didn't do anything more then a trot after I rode him with my helmet on first to make sure he wouldn't kill me
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Rave for my helmet!   Rave for my helmet! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 3:05 pm

good job for your helmet............glad you were not seriously hurt......I DONT RIDE WITHOUT A HELMET ANYMORE., and I dont care who says what............ :devil5.gif: :roll:
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
C4B's

C4B's

PostSubject: Re: Rave for my helmet!   Rave for my helmet! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 3:32 pm

Thank god every body was ok!!!!!!! scary how quick these things happen!!!!
Back to top Go down
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

PostSubject: Re: Rave for my helmet!   Rave for my helmet! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 12:00 pm

BIG rave for your helmet! Glad that everything ended with only a few bumps and bruises.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
Jolie

Jolie

PostSubject: Re: Rave for my helmet!   Rave for my helmet! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 9:41 am

I am also a big believer in helmets, i had an accident this winter, which left a hoof mark on my helmet, boy was I happy that I had that on. Can't believe I rode so long as a child without on now...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rave for my helmet!   Rave for my helmet! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rave for my helmet!
Page 1 of 1