Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Poor Sunny and a first aid kit

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mypony

Poor Sunny and a first aid kit Empty
PostSubject: Poor Sunny and a first aid kit   Poor Sunny and a first aid kit Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 5:49 pm

So the other night me and my friend took or horses for a trail ride. Everything was going great, beautiful evening. We went down a lane that my friend's dad owns and we ALWAYS watch out for this old culvert that is half way down the lane.
It has a whole in it and we generally walk on the opposite side.

Well Thursday night my friend was talking and not paying attention to where we were on the trail, Sunny (her 20+ QH gelding) went through the culvert with his back left leg. When it came out, it was cut in two places and by the time she jumped off the horse and looked at me it was bleeding. We could tell that none of the ligaments where cut. My friend had her cell phone and she called our vet right away, but she could not come out, because she was home alone with her babies.

Then she called her parents to get the horse first aid kit to my house so we could clean the wound up and determine if we needed to call another vet. The first aid kit was nowhere's to be found! I even went over to look myself, and I could not find it.

A vet did come out and put around 15 or so stitches in his leg. Now he is on stall rest for a few days till the wounds heal and is on some sort of antibiotic (cause one cut was down to the bone). I can handle emergency situations pretty good, but I do cry. I even cry when it is not my horse!

So the point of this is to have an first aid kit available and ready to use. Make sure everyone in your circle of horse friends and non-horse friends know where this kit is located.

What do you have in your kit? I am going to make a new one up in a Rubbermaid container and make sure I know where it is!
Back to top Go down
naughty by nature

PostSubject: Re: Poor Sunny and a first aid kit   Poor Sunny and a first aid kit Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 7:07 pm

yikes thats scary

In my first aid kit i have
vet wrap
peroxide
baby bum cream
pads
that vet antibiotic cream for get the name
a twitch
blue powder
fiske's
those types of things
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Poor Sunny and a first aid kit   Poor Sunny and a first aid kit Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 7:51 pm

Scarey indeed. A good first aid kit is something I keep meaning to "get around" to making. Right now I only have the basics. This brings home the need to put this on the top of my priority list. Especially since our vet availability is limited to NIL for emergencies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poor Sunny and a first aid kit   Poor Sunny and a first aid kit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poor Sunny and a first aid kit
Page 1 of 1