Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Loose horse

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mypony

Loose horse Empty
PostSubject: Loose horse   Loose horse Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 9:29 pm

This evening my husband and I were on our way into town, when we saw a horse loose on the side of the road. It had gotten out of its field. The fence is in horrible condition, a mismatch of wire, thin pieces of wood and all of it held together with twine. This was my second time putting the horse in the barn. The house is a very nice, well kept.

I would have put the horse back into the field, but I can't figure out how to open the gate. The barn door was wide open and a bag of sweet feed was just sitting there. I don't know if the horse had gotten into it, it was not spilled over but there was some grain on the floor.

We left a note saying that we put the horse in and our phone number. On our way home we stopped in to make sure that they knew that the horse might have gotten into the grain. Our note had not been read, they must have used a different door. A man came to the door, he did not even know that the horse was in the barn. When I told him that the horse might have gotten into the sweet feed, he said that the horse does that and it was not a big deal! He can't believe that the horse had gotten out again, they had fixed the fence a couple of times.

I feel sorry for the horses (two old Standardbreds). They are both underweight, maybe by 100lbs or so. Their feet tell a pretty sad story, full of ridges and over grown. I don't think it is intentional, maybe they just don't know that horses need to have hay ALL the time and that they need there feet done.

I don't know if I should stop by again.
Back to top Go down
FIREBUG

Loose horse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loose horse   Loose horse Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 7:11 am

It doesn't sound like it would help to stop by again. Sometimes, people just don't have the knowledge
or want to learn anymore than they know. As long as they are standing, they figure they are just fine.
It really is a shame .
Back to top Go down
LittleRoam

LittleRoam

Loose horse Empty
PostSubject: what to do?   Loose horse Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 10:54 pm

It was very thoughtful of you to do what you did and then check back later on those horses. I'd keep an eye on the horses (if you can) and determine if it warrants a call to the spca or not. sometimes people keep older horses who are just simply old and can't keep their weight on, but they are treated kindly, maybe not babied as much as we'd like to see, but have been given a more decent life than most...so maybe it's just a situation as simple as that. HOWEVER, if you believe that true neglect is taking place and the horses are starving...then you need to do the right thing and call the SPCA. Do they have hay, water, shelter? Winter hasn't hit yet...but keep an eye out and make your decision soon as it is getting colder. You could be their guardian angel (if they don't already have one in their original owner). : )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Loose horse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loose horse   Loose horse Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Loose horse
Page 1 of 1