Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Possible new house with land...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Flicka

Possible new house with land... Empty
PostSubject: Possible new house with land...   Possible new house with land... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 1:32 pm

Ok, so I find out tonight if we get a new house with a bunch of land (50+ acres). The catch is for this land it needs to have it cleared away to make room for a barn, so eventually I can bring the horses home. I was told this land use to be a farm a couple generations ago and it looks like the land was cleared away a number of years (10 I'm guessing) ago and started to grow up again. But I'm wondering what you guys think for going and cleaning this land out so I can start making it into something I can bring the horses home to? Most of the trees you see are less then 10" in diameter.

Thoughts?????

Possible new house with land... Sd535211
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Possible new house with land...   Possible new house with land... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 3:08 pm

looks pretty cool Flicka............but ONE PICTURE is NOT going to give me a SENSE of the place...........but dont go cutting down lots of trees.............most folks want to have trees rather than just pasture!!!! Paddock Paradise!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
C4B's

C4B's

PostSubject: Re: Possible new house with land...   Possible new house with land... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 7:32 pm

If it used to be a farm / pasture you can make it be so again, lots of work but you can make it how you want it !!!!!
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Possible new house with land...   Possible new house with land... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 8:53 pm

I agree with JJ - we need more pictures. But you can make almost any piece of land into what you want it to be. It's something we specialize in here on the rock. Most of our property was bog. We had to take out tonnes of peat moss and bring in lots of fill. Now it's beautiful but it took lots of time, hard work and moola.
Back to top Go down
Flicka

PostSubject: Re: Possible new house with land...   Possible new house with land... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 1:21 pm

Well back to the drawing board.. we didn't get this place.. so we keep looking.... I guess there is a better place out there for us..

But you have given me ideas for while we are looking for the right place...
Back to top Go down
morningstaracres

morningstaracres

PostSubject: Flicka   Possible new house with land... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 3:06 pm

Hey girl.....how are ya.....House shopping i see.....

For that peice of land there would of been hope. I have seen cleared land with trees and it is very dooable but can be costly if you hire someone.

You need to update me ....Where abouts are you looking. I know of a few nice places that are up for sale.

email me or call me.....or even PM me...LOL:)

I noted that you said HORSES???? Any new ones?????
Back to top Go down
http://morningstaracres.tripod.com/
Flicka

PostSubject: Re: Possible new house with land...   Possible new house with land... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 5:10 pm

morningstaracres wrote:
I noted that you said HORSES???? Any new ones?????

I have to keep my mouth closed this this one till everything is setup...

BUT on a good note, we found another place, it has alot more land (150 acres), 1/4 of it's basically cleared and it has groomed trails. We have a verball agreement with the owner, and starting the paperwork for it next week. Once we have the signed paperwork, I'll post more.. promise....

Possible new house with land... Sd535210
Possible new house with land... Sd535211
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Possible new house with land...   Possible new house with land... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 7:22 pm

NOW YOU ARE TALKING.............Looks really impressive from a horses point of view!!!!!!!! KEEPING MY FINGERS AND TOES CROSSED FOR YOU GUYS.
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Possible new house with land...   Possible new house with land... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 8:57 pm

WOW! 150 ACRES ! I'd love to have that much land. This piece looks very nice. I can definitely see a barn, house, paddocks, etc. And imagine being able to ride forever on your own property. Talk about heaven! Keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible new house with land...   Possible new house with land... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Possible new house with land...
Page 1 of 1