Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Some Snow/Mud Pictures

Go down 
+9
Tammy
C4B's
Loves Color
Simi
mypony
Wissy
RedBaronBPeppy
Dun Tru
D-Cutch
13 posters
AuthorMessage
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

Some Snow/Mud Pictures Empty
PostSubject: Some Snow/Mud Pictures   Some Snow/Mud Pictures Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 9:03 am

Well as much as I'd love to say the snow took all our mud...hmmm not quite!

A picture of the barn... not sure if I posted one with everything complete - it is all closed in for winter but still a lot of work left to be done inside....
Some Snow/Mud Pictures 001

Some of the crew...

Pearl...
Some Snow/Mud Pictures 006

Her half-sister Maddie...
Some Snow/Mud Pictures 008

Marti...
Some Snow/Mud Pictures 011

Nancy...
Some Snow/Mud Pictures 012

The boys...
Some Snow/Mud Pictures 018

Trigger coming to investigate...
Some Snow/Mud Pictures 019

Kit...
Some Snow/Mud Pictures 020

King...
Some Snow/Mud Pictures 021

Sonny...
Some Snow/Mud Pictures 023

Ole Herman... peaking out!
Some Snow/Mud Pictures 022

Can you find the girls???
Some Snow/Mud Pictures 025

Fancy...
Some Snow/Mud Pictures 030

The chunky monkey TJ
Some Snow/Mud Pictures 033

My rather pregnant Fjord Team...
Some Snow/Mud Pictures 038

When I got the girls they had two different color halters on... I immediately took them off because they were too tight but about 30 minutes after I realized MAYBE they were wearing two very distinctive halters to tell them apart... low and behold I had an email waiting to tell me who was in the pink halter and who was in the purple halter... I can tell them apart but I don't which one was originally which...

Some Snow/Mud Pictures 039

Some Snow/Mud Pictures 042

Pep is due to foal mid-June and is a maiden mare but already seems strangely large - she has been checked and there is only one baby in there...
Some Snow/Mud Pictures 046

Some Snow/Mud Pictures 048

Rosie the othe prego...
Some Snow/Mud Pictures 0520

One of my trusty sidekicks... he never comes in the field though - one too many zaps by the electric fence he just watches from a distance...
Some Snow/Mud Pictures 060

My other sidekick but this one never leaves my side...
Some Snow/Mud Pictures 0580

and Miss. Sophie is back guarding the house... she rarely comes further than the barn...
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
Dun Tru

Dun Tru

PostSubject: Re: Some Snow/Mud Pictures   Some Snow/Mud Pictures Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 9:27 am

Everyone looks great!! Those two Fjord mares certainly are wide now aren't they?! I think you might want to get them beepers for when they back up so they don't hurt someone :P
Back to top Go down
http://www.meadowbrookstables.8k.com
RedBaronBPeppy

RedBaronBPeppy

PostSubject: Re: Some Snow/Mud Pictures   Some Snow/Mud Pictures Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 9:35 am

I was hoping there would be a picture of Fancy :)
she looks wonderful!! and round.. LOL! baby is growing!

everyone else looks awesome!

love the picture of Lena..
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Some Snow/Mud Pictures   Some Snow/Mud Pictures Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 10:24 am

They all look great D.. and the fjords are so furry and look like Gunnar.. he's just as fat.. lol... and he's not prego.. weird LOL...
The indoor looks great!!!!
Back to top Go down
mypony

PostSubject: Re: Some Snow/Mud Pictures   Some Snow/Mud Pictures Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 10:31 am

Your place is looking very nice with a nice cover of snow! Those Fjords look VERY out of place. All these athletic QHs and two Fjords.
Back to top Go down
Simi
Mod
Simi

PostSubject: Re: Some Snow/Mud Pictures   Some Snow/Mud Pictures Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 12:14 pm

Amazing Place girl!!! you must be very happy..
Ponies look great!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
Loves Color

Loves Color

PostSubject: Re: Some Snow/Mud Pictures   Some Snow/Mud Pictures Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 2:41 pm

Beautiful pictures. The Fjords are halarious, they are wide!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Snow/Mud Pictures   Some Snow/Mud Pictures Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 8:12 pm

Wow looks great!!!
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

PostSubject: Re: Some Snow/Mud Pictures   Some Snow/Mud Pictures Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 9:09 pm

Great pictures, they all have great winter woolies and King still has his dapples, he is a nice looking boy !!! and the Fjords are soooo cute !!
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Some Snow/Mud Pictures   Some Snow/Mud Pictures Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 9:45 pm

Pep is HUGE! There is no way she's due in June. And if she is, there's got to be an entire litter in there! The Fjord girls are sure sweet looking. And VERY rolly polly. When are they due? I can't wait to see their babies. Everyone looks quite happy and fuzzy.

Nice barn! I've never seen a picture of the whole thing so didn't realize how big it was.
Back to top Go down
Total Eclipse

Total Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: Some Snow/Mud Pictures   Some Snow/Mud Pictures Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 11:06 pm

Love, love your Fjord mares. They have a true mare face, very feminine.

mypony wrote:
Your place is looking very nice with a nice cover of snow! Those Fjords look VERY out of place. All these athletic QHs and two Fjords.

..... "Athletic QH's"...... ummm no offense to D-cutch, but some of the QH's are a little round too :). Of course her Fjords are round they are pregnant how else should they look? Fjords are just as athletic just not as common ;) I wouldn't separate the breeds on their abilities because of the size of pregnant mares.
Back to top Go down
naughty by nature

PostSubject: Re: Some Snow/Mud Pictures   Some Snow/Mud Pictures Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 11:14 pm

great picture the barn looks great
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: Some Snow/Mud Pictures   Some Snow/Mud Pictures Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 11:37 pm

I see some familair faces. Everyone is looking great. The Fjords sure are roly poly. I hear you talking about the halters...we are in the same boat...really hard to tell our little ladies apart at first glance.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

PostSubject: Re: Some Snow/Mud Pictures   Some Snow/Mud Pictures Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 8:39 am

Tammy - she is really big... big enough that it worries me especially being a maiden mare. She was bred AI so kind of takes some of the guess work out... Glenn tells me not to worry she is just fat but to be bigger than the gray mare who is a seasoned Mama and bigger than a mare that is due over a month before her who is short bodied just seems bizarre...

The Fjord babies... I don't have exact dates but one is due in January or February - we're just going to have to keep a really close eye on her and the other is due mid-April. They've both had fillies the last 2 years, so I'd say we're due for a couple colts. THEN they won't be bred again for a VERY LONG TIME. They're going to driving school followed by riding school Some Snow/Mud Pictures 573748

I'd love to be driving them now but where they have never done anything except eat so we feel it would just be too much stress before they foal.

Freva - Brittany has Merry hidden in the barn! She's been riding just about every night that time allows and she'd ride twice a day if we let her. She now can trot Merry, by herself around half the ring, 4-5 circles without stopping. She has Merry backing up really well and can now lead her in and out of the ring herself. She has also learned how intelligent ponies are and how quickly they learn ways to get out of work - which is a great experience for Brittany, as much as autopilot can be nice it wouldn't teach her much.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
mypony

PostSubject: Re: Some Snow/Mud Pictures   Some Snow/Mud Pictures Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 10:36 am

Hey TE I don't think I said that Fjords are not athletic and I just said they stand out with their spiked manes and round bellies. Take a chill pill!
Back to top Go down
Loves Color

Loves Color

PostSubject: Re: Some Snow/Mud Pictures   Some Snow/Mud Pictures Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 10:58 am

D-Cutch, just curious about Marti. Couldn't tell if it was a mare or a gelding. My daughter tried out a Marti that looked a lot like your Marti a couple of years ago, just wondering if it was the same one?
Back to top Go down
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

PostSubject: Re: Some Snow/Mud Pictures   Some Snow/Mud Pictures Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 5:53 pm

WOW! Great looking farm, love your horses! That is a VERY wide pair of Fuzzy Fjiords.... Some Snow/Mud Pictures Lol
Can't wait to see the baby pics from those 2!
Back to top Go down
Total Eclipse

Total Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: Some Snow/Mud Pictures   Some Snow/Mud Pictures Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 6:44 pm

mypony- oh.. seems I missed the part in your original post which says that the Fjords stand out because of their 'spiky' manes. That would have been understandable. As they definitely do , they would stand out among any breed.

Maybe you meant to say that that they stood out becuase of their manes and bellies, but you said they stand out in
comparison to athletic QH's......
But, to me, it originally sounded like you said that the Fjords stood out because they were out of shape, since your comparison was about body condition not hair styles :)

Quote :

"Those Fjords look VERY out of place. All these athletic QHs and two Fjords"

Don't tell me to chill .. I'm just mentioning that your post can be interpreted as a negative comparison on breed athleticism.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some Snow/Mud Pictures   Some Snow/Mud Pictures Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some Snow/Mud Pictures
Page 1 of 1