Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

horses from Manitoba

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rude

rude

horses from Manitoba Empty
PostSubject: horses from Manitoba   horses from Manitoba Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 2:14 pm

HI everyone...First ..thanks for the votes on the picture of the month !!!! ...thats me riding
Now I'm thinking of purchasing a colt from out west this spring and want to know if any of you have done this and what your feedback is...you can e-mail me if you like..
thanks horses from Manitoba 58398
Back to top Go down
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

PostSubject: Re: horses from Manitoba   horses from Manitoba Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 6:38 pm

We've been very pleased with the colts we've brought back from the west - my husband generally goes out himself though.... he likes to check everything over before he buys.

My personal opinion - if you're buying a weanling other than genetic or confirmation issues there isn't much that can be wrong in terms of soundness but if you're going older, keep in mind, for the most part they don't run their horses like we do. We find, in general, western horses have far more scars and/or blemishes, particularly wire cuts that haven't been treated properly.

The other thing we found - this year was actually the first time it was really apparent because the horses only arrived in September (in the past it has been late spring) they have trouble adapting to our winter. Despite the frigid temperatures they have in western Canada it is a crisp and dry cold as opposed to Eastern Canada's damp cold.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
DocTexas

PostSubject: Getting a horse from outwest   horses from Manitoba Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 8:07 pm

Anytime you begin a search for a new horse, it is a process. And when you are thinking of buying one that is some distance from you, there are many important factors to take into considerations.
First of all, know what you are looking for. This solves so many problems. There are so many horses out there, and so many breeds and within breeds so many bloodlines that influence and define the horse.
So know what you what your horse for and what you like. OK, ok enough right?
I have purchased alot of horses and many from great distances, and if I may.. here are some suggestions...
Do you have a good contact near or with the horse?
Photos and VIDEO are a must, to show clearly, conformation and movement, AND how does the horse work with people how are they in-hand?
Can you go and see the horse yourself? Or someone you know and knows you (like a riding buddy or a trainer) Because if this is your personal horse, personality is gong to be important.

Good Luck. And remember there are lots of horses out there be patience.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: horses from Manitoba   horses from Manitoba Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

horses from Manitoba
Page 1 of 1