Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello All From A New Member

Go down 
+10
Sailorgirl
Ellie*Mae
SexyDexy
Freva
D-Cutch
Dun Tru
Tammy
Lightning
Wissy
jamel105
14 posters
AuthorMessage
jamel105

Hello All From A New Member Empty
PostSubject: Hello All From A New Member   Hello All From A New Member Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 11:29 pm

Hello,

i thought I would take this time to introduce myself to the board. First I would like to say that this board seems like a fun place to be while getting lots of information from knowledgeable owners right here in NS!!Yay!!

I am a lady in my late 20's living in Mainland NS not far from Cape Breton.I stared my interest in horses from the time I was a wee thing and my grandparents had harness racing horses and traveled throughout NS .I started groom around 6 and training and owning around 9 years of age up until I was 17. My love of horses never ceased but my grandfather ( who taught me everything and was my partner in horses) passes away and I moved and well you know how the story goes....My horse that I had at that time is now 21 years old and retired near my family in Cape Breton.

I would love to own another horse possibly being a Fjord but i think right now being 5'4 feet tall and 226 pounds maybe an obstacle and hard on a horse due to all the info I read....Not to mention I would have to take lessons and etc...

But if I can dream I was a bit thinner (as the lesson part I can take care of) then I would own one in a heart beat.......

So I hope you don't mind me living precariously through your adventures!!??

Jamel105
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Hello All From A New Member   Hello All From A New Member Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 7:21 am

Welcome to our board Jamel.. it certainly is a good place here to exchange thoughts, ideas and most of dreams..
I own a Fjord horse and if I had only known what a great horse they were years ago I would have had one then.. Gunnar is almost 7 and I've had him since he was two. He's really a sweet loveable teddy bear, so your choice in owning a Fjord one day is a very good choice in my opinion ..lol
You can get yourself a pretty helfty Fjord and will carry you no problem.. with draft qualities they are one might horse .. don't forget the heavy men rode them in war centuries ago.. so don't let your weight stop you from owning this breed, one thing is you will never regret having a fjord..

Again... Hello All From A New Member 947884 Hello All From A New Member 947884 Hello All From A New Member 947884
Back to top Go down
Lightning
Mod
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: Hello All From A New Member   Hello All From A New Member Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 7:23 am

Thanks for sharing your story and:
:welcomeclipart :welcomeclipart :welcomeclipart
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Hello All From A New Member   Hello All From A New Member Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 7:35 am

:hello_graphics and welcome to the forum. It's always great to get new members! Like you I was away from the horsey scene for many years (well, I was for over 20) and am back into it now. Word of advice ... DON'T WAIT! Pursue your dream like a dog with a friggin' bone. Life is too short to waste just wishing ...
Back to top Go down
Dun Tru

Dun Tru

PostSubject: Re: Hello All From A New Member   Hello All From A New Member Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 8:00 am

Welcome!!! I am sure you will love it here -we all certainly do ;) There is always lots ot read and lots to learn - not to mention lots of great pictures to enjoy!
Back to top Go down
http://www.meadowbrookstables.8k.com
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

PostSubject: Re: Hello All From A New Member   Hello All From A New Member Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 9:07 am

Welcome to the forum! Hello All From A New Member 368450
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: Hello All From A New Member   Hello All From A New Member Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 9:15 am

Hello All From A New Member 10735 and welcome to ME!!!! It is a great place for info, pics and fun.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: Hello All From A New Member   Hello All From A New Member Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 9:41 am

:welcomeclipart

I agree with Tammy, don't bother waiting. Go out and find yourself a pony. I think a Fjord would be great for you. I'd like a horse that you don't have to have a ladder to get on lol! Plus, you're closer to the ground when you fall.
Back to top Go down
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

PostSubject: Re: Hello All From A New Member   Hello All From A New Member Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:41 am

Hello - and Welcome!! I second everyone else - set a goal and work towards it....! And be sure to post lots of pictures of your journey LOL
Back to top Go down
Sailorgirl

Sailorgirl

PostSubject: Re: Hello All From A New Member   Hello All From A New Member Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 11:05 am

Hello All From A New Member 947884 Hello All From A New Member 947884 Hello All From A New Member 947884 Hello All From A New Member 990249 Hello All From A New Member 990249 Hello All From A New Member 990249
Back to top Go down
jamel105

PostSubject: Re: Hello All From A New Member   Hello All From A New Member Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:04 pm

Why Thank You all for the very nice and warm welcome. I can tell I will like this board already :D
Right now I am going back to school so after that my plan is to start lesson for about 6 months and do a lease so I can get my feet wet again...I don't want to just jump into. Actually I have been researching boarding facilities around our area. One really stands out...

I just really like the look of a Fjord....Also their temperament and personality....I was thinking of something a bit with higher hand but they are a sturdy horse for my size. However people tell me that I would be hard on a horse because the 20% rule (my size and horses size and etc)

Sorry for rambling.lol

Night.
Melanie
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Hello All From A New Member   Hello All From A New Member Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 7:14 am

Melanie.. I've seen quite a few fjords at 15 hands.. don't under estimate them.. they are power house.. or should I say power horses.. lol... if you are close by come visit Gunnar... he'll show what it's all about for sure..
Back to top Go down
oldsaddlebags

oldsaddlebags

PostSubject: Re: Hello All From A New Member   Hello All From A New Member Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 8:50 am

Welcome aboard.
I'm sure you will be happy with a Fjiord horse. They seem so versatile and very sturdy little horses too.
Don't keep putting off getting one because of your weight. If you start riding you will drop some poundage. I know I did.
And I am looking foreward to starting up again real soon. As soon as the arena is ready I will be riding again every morning I am off. That alone will be a good workout to drop some weight.
Good luck in your search and have fun
Back to top Go down
PaintedRidge

PaintedRidge

PostSubject: Re: Hello All From A New Member   Hello All From A New Member Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 7:17 pm

:wel_ani3Tay.gi
Back to top Go down
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

PostSubject: Re: Hello All From A New Member   Hello All From A New Member Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 8:02 pm

Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
jamel105

PostSubject: Re: Hello All From A New Member   Hello All From A New Member Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 9:57 am

Wow!! Thank you for the awesome welcome.I have been reading over the older posts trying to get caught up. Alot of great information on here.
I wish I could get on here more but going back to school takes up so much time but it will all be worth it in the end when I am working and get my Fjord!!!! :)

Mel
Back to top Go down
Simi
Mod
Simi

PostSubject: Re: Hello All From A New Member   Hello All From A New Member Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 8:23 am

A B8ig Welcome to M-E

Hello All From A New Member 947884 Hello All From A New Member 947884 Hello All From A New Member 947884 Hello All From A New Member 947884 Hello All From A New Member 947884 Hello All From A New Member 947884
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello All From A New Member   Hello All From A New Member Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello All From A New Member
Page 1 of 1