Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Drugs in school

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bay-Lee

Bay-Lee

Drugs in school Empty
PostSubject: Drugs in school   Drugs in school Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 11:53 am

I am looking for opinions on a situation, around 15 8th grade students from my son's school were caught with drugs at school,They were suspended for 2 weeks, now the thing is, they have a 4 day school trip at the end of the year, and the kids with the drugs are allowed to go, I know everyone of these kids , a few I know really good, and they did not get much punishment at home, they laid around all day playing video games....so "if"these kids take drugs everyday, do you think they will not take any for 4 days??, these kids have to share rooms with each other, I will have a fit if I find out my son has to share a room with one of them...I don't want to sound like I hate these kids, because I don't, they are still kids, ...I am thinking about speaking with other parents to see what they think, but I would like opinions from people outside the school..................
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Drugs in school Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drugs in school   Drugs in school Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 1:12 pm

My god I'm dreading the day I have to deal with this. And it's fast approaching. Drugs in our schools are really out of control in our community - and nobody seems to be doing anything about it.

In your situation though, I think I'd adopt the "watch and see" approach. These kids were caught so I would hope that they are being watched very closely at school. I think I'd ask the school what their policy was on allowing students to attend overnight (regardless of how many nights) field trips if their behaviour is questionable. They should have some sort of "code" in place that determines whether students can go or not (ie: if suspended more than once - no go). That sort of thing. If they don't have anything in place then you and the other parents should demand that they get something in place - even do up a proposal yourself and present it to them.

Unfortunately we can't control the "type" of children that attend our schools. And that scares the bejeepers out of me. The only thing that we CAN do is to educate our own children about what to do if they encounter illegal behaviours. I've already had to talk to Kayla about drugs, not taking anything to eat from anyone (including friends), etc. Last year one of the drug pushers was sending "candies" to the elementary schools via the older students. At that time she was in Grade 1.
Back to top Go down

Drugs in school
Page 1 of 1