Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I Have a question;

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Plain Hickory

Plain Hickory

I Have a question; Empty
PostSubject: I Have a question;   I Have a question; Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 9:30 am

so, i'm really excited to try the new rated system they're using this year for penning @ Creek View Farms & i was wondering exactly how it works ? I'm kind of confused about it & if i was a one, what numbers would i penn with ?
Back to top Go down
Simi
Mod
Simi

I Have a question; Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Have a question;   I Have a question; Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 11:51 am

Where TC for the answer to this lol!!
She knows it better than me..
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

I Have a question; Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Have a question;   I Have a question; Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 12:15 pm

Purple are you going to ask TC for the answers for her????
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Simi
Mod
Simi

I Have a question; Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Have a question;   I Have a question; Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 12:17 pm

If I can get a hold of her
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

I Have a question; Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Have a question;   I Have a question; Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 12:19 pm

perfect.
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
~TC~

I Have a question; Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Have a question;   I Have a question; Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 12:29 pm

I had it half typed and lost it! :evil:

Just a minute...
Back to top Go down
~TC~

I Have a question; Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Have a question;   I Have a question; Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 12:52 pm

ok... trying again...

As the Canadian Team Cattle Penning Association says....

Quote :
RATING SYSTEM

Goals

The purpose of rating each member is to provide a fair and level playing field for all members. No one should be riding with an advantage, or be disadvantaged, when competing with other members.

It is stressed that at any time, when determining the rating of an individual, rating committees must not consider the effect on the individual member but the effect on the membership as a whole. If the member pens like a 3 then they are rated a 3. If they pen like a 2 then they are rated a 2. The individual’s age, length of time penning, existing teams, or the fact they may skip a rating level altogether, simply do not enter into the equation. The penner’s ability dictates what their rating should be.

When rating a penner, rating committees cannot consider personal relationships, emotions or conflicts of interest. The decision must be based solely on the individual’s ability. The rate of improvement the individual has shown, and the likelihood of significant improvement by the end of the year should also be considered. It is the responsibility of the CTCPA Rating Coordinator to ensure that all riders in affiliated Associations are rated on a level playing field across the Nation.

The biggest test of the ratings system is when penners across all associations compete in shows such as National Finals and other large shows. A #4 from one association should pen similar to a #4 from any other association. If even one penner competes at a show and is incorrectly rated, he or she has been given a competitive advantage, all other penners have been disadvantaged, and the integrity of the CTCPA Ratings System is put in jeopardy.

The purpose of the CTCPA Rating Coordinator position is to ensure every rider, no matter which affiliate association they belong to, is rated at the appropriate level.

The CTCPA is responsible for the integrity of the rating system, and as such, the CTCPA AS OWNERS OF THE RATING SYSTEM will have the final say.

3 – This penner is above average and highly proficient in all areas of penning

2 – This penner is developing his/her skills where they are no longer a beginner yet are not achieving overall average penning skills.

1 – This penner is well below average in penning skills and is most likely a new rider or a new penner or a penner who needs to develop in all areas of penning criteria
(OR they are a Youth competitor... Which most of our youth's can easily compete as 2's or even 3's! They are damn good! lol )

Creek View is rating as high as 3 I believe. (Bigger clubs will go as high as 7 or even 9!)

Instead of have a youth and Amateur division, they will have a "5" Division.

Instead of a Pro-am Division (Which is a mixture of amateurs/youth and open members making up teams together) they will have a "5" division.

They will still have an "Open" divsion, but it is not as restrictive, because now, those who were usually an Amateur, can now pen in the open, but still have the amateur (now a "5" division) to compete in... where as before, once you went open, you couldn't go back...

In the 5 division, CV is not allowing rated "3" riders in, so it can still be kind of a youth/amatuer mix..

So the 5 division can be made up of rated riders, that once their ratings are added together, they do not exceed the # 5.
For example, teams can consists of:

one 1 and two 2's = 5
two 1's and one 2= 4
three 1's = 3
three 2's = 6 (That is not allowed as it exceeds 5)

The "7" division would be more of what use to be the "Pro-am" it can consist of members who's #'s do not exceed 7.

Examples:
three 1's = 3 (This would be a tougher class for a team of 1's but perfectly legal)
three 2's = 6
two 2's and a 1 = 5
two 2's and a 3 =7
two 3's and a 1 = 7
two 3's and a 2= 8 (This is not allowed as it exceeds the total of 7)
three 3's = 9 (This is not allowed as it exceeds the total of 7)

As a rated "1" rider, or a "2'", you will be picked up by other 2's and 3's to make teams for the "7" division... there are not usually many 1's around... so they go quickly among teams... lol

The Open will remain "Open" meaning any combo of #'s is allowed included three 3's that = 9...

Hope that makes sense. :scratch:
Back to top Go down
Plain Hickory

Plain Hickory

I Have a question; Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Have a question;   I Have a question; Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 10:01 am

huge help, thanks so much TC ! i understand now . :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I Have a question; Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Have a question;   I Have a question; Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Have a question;
Page 1 of 1