Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Winter Vacation

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mypony

My Winter Vacation Empty
PostSubject: My Winter Vacation   My Winter Vacation Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 4:41 pm

For the past couple of years I have taken a week or two off in February, because by the time I get back winter is almost over (well that is what I tell myself!) This year I went to Rome, Italy. I will post pictures in a day or two.

It was a great time, got to see lots of old stuff and did a lot of walking (about 25km a day!) Anyway on our last day in Rome my traveling buddy wanted to go to the zoo. So we had to walk through a big park to get to the zoo. On our way we saw a few people riding some sort of Spanish horses. They were gorgeous! We came across a bunch of ponies and kids. They seemed to be getting ready for a costume class of some sort.

After we were done of walking around the zoo, we started our way back across the big park to a metro station. As we made our way out of the park there was a cover-all type building with thousands of people standing around and HORSES! So we went to watch. This is where the Spanish horses and the ponies were heading. It was some sort of Carnival of Rome going on, I don't speak Italian so no clue what was going on. I was hoping that we would get to see the Spanish horses preform. But we had missed that.

What I did get to see were two Quarter Horses do a reining demo to music! Here we were on the other side of the world in one of the oldest cities watching QHs do reining! It was great and then the show was done.
Back to top Go down
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

My Winter Vacation Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Winter Vacation   My Winter Vacation Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 7:00 pm

Sounds like you had a fun vacation.. irony is everywhere I guess... In Rome do as the Romans do... reining on Quarter Horses.,.. lol too funny!

My daughter just got back from Italy, she stayed in Prato, but also spent time in Rome, Florence, and Venice. She all took and excursion to Greece for a few days. She was in Prato to be an Au pair for an Italian family. She loved Rome,, alot of parties... In the Colosseum Did you go on any of the pub crawls?
Back to top Go down
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

My Winter Vacation Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Winter Vacation   My Winter Vacation Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 9:27 am

Hurry up with the pictures!!!!! I didn't even realize you were gone...Tim filled me in!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
Wranglin'ruff

Wranglin'ruff

My Winter Vacation Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Winter Vacation   My Winter Vacation Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 9:33 am

Wow, sounds like an awesome trip :D
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

My Winter Vacation Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Winter Vacation   My Winter Vacation Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 9:58 am

WOW........TRIP OF A LIFETIME. CANT WAIT FOR THE PICTURES. and not surprising anymore to see reining qhs anywhere around the world..............big time.......thats why in Kentucky this year there are many many many reiners from around the world competing for the first time................its now A WORLD SPORT. :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

My Winter Vacation Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Winter Vacation   My Winter Vacation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Winter Vacation
Page 1 of 1