Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

VERY STRANGE MORNING

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tammy

VERY STRANGE MORNING Empty
PostSubject: VERY STRANGE MORNING   VERY STRANGE MORNING Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 8:10 am

I had a very interesting (although somewhat disturbing) morning. I went into the barn at 6:45 to feed the boys. Reo was going NUTS in his stall. Spinning, looking out the window, banging into the sides of his stall, etc. He was INSANE. I fed them and then went outside to try and figure out what had Reo all riled up. I didn't see any foreign animals (just Rosie, Barney and Mia who accompany me on my morning journey) but Reo kept up his shinanigans and was looking over towards the track. I decided to head over that way and see if there was anything going on.

I should mention at this time that for the past few months I SWEAR the the neighbour across the road from me spies on me most mornings when I go to do the morning feed. This morning he had the lights on in his upstairs bedroom and I could see him pacing as I was walking towards the barn. As I got closer his lights went off and then the downstairs light came on, he peeked out the curtains and then the light went off. This has happened a number of times over the past few months. I keep telling myself to bring my binoculars so that I can get a good look at what's going on but as usual I forget. Plus they aren't exactly stealth binoculars - they are the bright yellow ones that FLOAT.

Now my imagination is REALLY going. Being spied on, Reo going crazy ... hmmm ... what was I going to find on the track?! I bravely kept going on the old track, not knowing what to expect. I'd turn and check on Reo. He'd put his head out and I SWEAR he'd nudge it in a certain direction as if to say, "go that way". By this time I was pretty much thistle baked. Figured I'd find a dead body.

But I didn't find anything so I headed back to the house. I don't know WHAT is on the go other than when I checked the weather for today they have a snowfall warning in effect so maybe Reo was reacting to the changes in atmospheric pressure.

I'm just glad that I didn't find a body! Snow I can handle. Dead bodies - not so much!
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: VERY STRANGE MORNING   VERY STRANGE MORNING Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 9:52 am

Very strange. It was kinda like that at my place last night. All three were running full speed between the barn and the top of the field for about 20 minutes. They'd tear up to the top of the hill, stand and snort, then tear back down to the barn. The did this several times. I was beginning to wonder if a bear was going to jump out of the trees and grab me. I can see them being silling during the day just playing around but this was in the dark, they're usually quiet then. VERY STRANGE MORNING 510297

Your spying neighbour is just plain creepy. Moon him next time you notice him peeking lol!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: VERY STRANGE MORNING   VERY STRANGE MORNING Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:27 am

the Bleeding heart with mooning him.........get a restraining order!!!!!!!!!! VERY STRANGE MORNING 466697 VERY STRANGE MORNING 55920
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

PostSubject: Re: VERY STRANGE MORNING   VERY STRANGE MORNING Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:15 am

Gee maybe they can smell spring just around the corner.. My crew have been acting a wee bit off lately as well. Not so much Ikeda as she is very level headed and not much puts her out. BUT those BOYS!!
My run-in is fairly large, and has 3 standing stalls.. one for each horse. When its time for a snack, ( and they know how to tell time..I have seen them standing staring at the door if I'm like 5 min late, and then they scold me with loud nickers) I'm still looking for the invisible watches they wear.. any way back to my story..

When its time for a nibble of breakfast and supper, they have a routine, Shadow goes in the first stall, and watches me delve up the portions, Eko guards the door, and Ikeda stands behind him.. Shadow gets his plate first, then Eko steps in to his stall, and gets his, and Ikeda will round into hers. Normally everyone eats quietly, with Ikeda leaving the barn first followed by Eko, and Shadow hangs back and cleans up the place..all the dropped nib lets and left over chewed bits of carrots..
That's not be happening in the last few days.. Shadow will come in but paces round and round, snorting and snuffing.. Eko gets upset, and will not hang at the door, but goes to the side of the building and looks in the window.. Once the dishes are ready, Shadow will settle to eat, I have to coax Eko in shaking his dish..I can tell he is living on his nerve, eyes are wide open, head high, ears forward, nostrils flaring..but he follows me.. snatches quick bites. Ikeda ambles into her stall like nothing new. The least noise and Both Shadow and Eko are bolting out the door... * Sigh*.. now I have to go and bring them back.... Shadow comes first sniffing and snorting... Looking in at Ekos dish.. it has more.. so I steer him towards his own stall.. more coaxing for Eko.. but he is back.. Ikeda looks up from her dish.. kind of rolls her eyes at them and goes back to munching. I usually end up staying beside Eko quietly talking to him, until I see him relax. If Eko stays put, Shadow will relax as well. Hahaha.. one day the two scared each other, and both tried to squish in with Ikeda in her stall...I put the run to them.. She just ignores them. (Just a side note, I don't use halters on a daily bases, so all my coaxing is done with body language, voice, etc. I have almost had to resort a couple of times to getting Ekos halter and leading him.. but so far I have not had too.)

I know they don't like the wind, and will not stay in the building if its Very windy. I can not imagine stalling those boys.. they want to be outside, so they can see or smell what they can't hear. Maybe that is what was up with Reo... he wanted to be out so he could feel safer. Was the wind blowing???

We have gone looking to see what might be causing the nerves.. can't find anything different in the building, no strange foot prints out and about.. ( we don't have bear, or deer or moose) we do however have coyotes and foxes. Nada.. nothing around to explain the odd behavior. So I'm thinking they can smell SPRING...hahaha.. Some times even when we are out in the pasture, Eko seems to get a whiff of something and that will send him in to a tail spin.. snorting and blowing.

Don't know.. BUT I do know I would not go wandering off looking for DEAD BODYS by my self!! LMAO!
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: VERY STRANGE MORNING   VERY STRANGE MORNING Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:44 am

Maybe it's just the wind. It's blowing a friggin' gale out there today and the wind has switched to the south. Fronie's hip and knee are really acting up - which is a sure sign of bad weather coming.

My neighbour is actually a pretty nice guy. Divorced, quiet, likes his booze and "smokes". There's no way I can moon him because it'd take forever for me to get my snowsuit down over my "cheeks"! I'm going to start taking the binoculars and if he's looking I'm just going to wave. I think that'll sort things out. Body searches first thing in the morning really have a way of throwing my morning schedule off. "Sometimes I feel like a nut .... sometimes I don't!"

:cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

PostSubject: Re: VERY STRANGE MORNING   VERY STRANGE MORNING Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:45 am

Blah, creepy neighbours scare me. Don't go out there alone in the dark!
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: VERY STRANGE MORNING   VERY STRANGE MORNING Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:13 pm

Your neighbours would freak me out B_H lol! . Quiet but creepy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VERY STRANGE MORNING   VERY STRANGE MORNING Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

VERY STRANGE MORNING
Page 1 of 1