Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Looking for help...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Loves Color

Loves Color

Looking for help... Empty
PostSubject: Looking for help...   Looking for help... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 8:30 am

I am looking to help my friend find the least expensive way to get her horse to Nova Scotia from Edmonton.

My friend has a terminal illness and wants to come home. She wants to bring her horse home too. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can help her find the least expensive way to bring her horse home?
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Looking for help...   Looking for help... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 8:49 am

shoot...........when does she want to do this????? where exactly is the horse now........and exactly where will it need to be dropped?????/
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: Looking for help...   Looking for help... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 8:50 am

sometimes Glenn , DCutches husband goes out there.
Back to top Go down
Loves Color

Loves Color

PostSubject: Re: Looking for help...   Looking for help... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 9:01 am

She would like the horse home as soon as possible. She is in Edmonton and if we could get the horse to Nova Scotia...the closer to Shelburne the better...but Nova Scotia.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: Looking for help...   Looking for help... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 9:19 am

some folks place ads in the atlantic rider ...empty spaces on their trailers.....coming from wherever...........I dont know what else to say at the moment.....but if I figure out something I will let you know...........on the trip I;m taking to Minnesota.......we will have room for horses through ontario/quebec/new brunswick to cape breton..........but that doesnt help you or your friend.
Back to top Go down
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

PostSubject: Re: Looking for help...   Looking for help... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 4:28 pm

If she's alright with her horse on an 18 wheeler, trucker is heading back from AB within a couple weeks (or sooner) and going as far as NB where we're picking up our Minis.... we can bring the horse back to PEI and then get the horse the rest of the way to NS. Not sure what she can/can't pay for trucking though but definitely cheaper than a specialized horse hauler and this trucker is good with equines... we've had horses hauled by him before and he does a fabulous job.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
Loves Color

Loves Color

PostSubject: Re: Looking for help...   Looking for help... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 8:31 pm

Thanks D-Cutch I will get in touch with her about this.

Last edited by Loves Color on Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

PostSubject: Re: Looking for help...   Looking for help... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 9:26 pm

I had a message from him this morning - he left for AB today and expects to be there mid next week.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
Loves Color

Loves Color

PostSubject: Re: Looking for help...   Looking for help... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 8:35 pm

Great news she has a ride booked for the horse to come to Nova Scotia.

Thanks you.
Back to top Go down
LittleRoam

LittleRoam

PostSubject: BE CAREFUL WHO YOU CHOOSE...   Looking for help... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 8:46 pm

Hi,

This may come a little late but be really really careful who you chose, especially if it's someone transporting in "bulk"....heard a sad story years ago of a family that let their horse be transported with other horses...it was a young horse and got kicked when it was on the truck with a bunch of other horses....and it had to be put down. The family who owned the horse weren't overly knowledgeable so someone took their money and threw their horse on a trailor loose with a bunch of other ones. Sick. Some people are just in it for a buck....so be really careful.
Back to top Go down
Loves Color

Loves Color

PostSubject: Re: Looking for help...   Looking for help... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 9:21 pm

Thanks for the heads up LittleRoam. My friend is a very good horse person and will be there when the horse is put on the trailer. I will remind her that not all people are good horse people.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: Looking for help...   Looking for help... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 8:20 am

hey kiddo.............how did your friends horse make out............were you able to hitch up with D;Cutchs friend............
Back to top Go down
Loves Color

Loves Color

PostSubject: Re: Looking for help...   Looking for help... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 9:00 am

Actully she got a call from someone she had been in contact with before (right around the same time she called D-Cutch connection) and the had a cancellation. She will be leaving the barn and coming directly to Nova Scotia.

We are all excited about the family and the horse coming home, can't wait.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: Looking for help...   Looking for help... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 10:20 am

THATS terrific news.....hope all goes well for both of them....be sure to keep us updated...... :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for help...   Looking for help... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for help...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Custom Hats By Sue :: General Topics :: Bert's Diner -for everyday conversations around the coffee pot.-
Jump to: