Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Turn the Page

Go down 
+16
MoonShadow
lb-ranch
RobinsKelticBuckaroo
FIREBUG
C4B's
Bay-Lee
D-Cutch
Lightning
RedBaronBPeppy
Tammy
Sailorgirl
just joan
naughty by nature
Loves Color
Dun Tru
Wissy
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

Turn the Page Empty
PostSubject: Turn the Page   Turn the Page Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 9:28 pm

ok so this is how Firebug and my good Friday started out..
Firebug was looking for a new pony !
We decided to go on the hunt that covered 3 Provinces and we wanted to do it in one day.. and we did!
At 5:45am I picked Firebug up at her place and our first destination was PEI.. off we went. We arrived at D-Cutch's place at 10am.. to find.. not one but two baby fjords.. omg I was so excited.. After cooing and mouching over these two precious foals we went onto what we originally went there for. This very cute buckskin gelding.. Let me tell you it wasn't love at first site, he's a bit of an odd color but as we got to know him.. we are thinking he's one of those diamonds in the rough.. lol.. Anyhoo Firebug went over him with a fine tooth comb.. petting him, talking to him and picking up his feet.. Time to throw on the saddle.. We had Glenn ride first to see how he was going to be by just sitting back and watching and asking poor Glenn a ton of questions. Then it was Firebug's turn to give it a go. Well it couldn't have gone better.. what a nice kind willing boy .. she rode him inside first and then god bless D-cutch .. she offered to go on a trail ride with her.. and away they went.. all the while I was back at the barn fretting.
I guess I had absolutely nothing to fret about.. what a smile on her face when she returned and with a very calm pony as well. Now this little guy hasn't been ridden in a year or so.. just left in a field to be a horse..
His name is Dias, hope the spelling is right, if not I'm sure I'll be corrected, lol
Well after a few hours playing and riding and talking about everything under the sun, I'm sure D and Glenn couldn't wait for us to get the heck out of dodge and let them get back to their very busy life.. oh my their barn is busy... heheheh.. What a gorgeous place they have and a bunch of very chubby healthy happy horses too!.. I couldn't have been more pleased with our welcome as they both are such great people! After talking with D-cutch on line for about 4 yrs I finally got to meet her and Glenn in person and I certainly wasn't disappointed!
Getting back to Dias and Firebug, I think they are a match. Firebug has had a couple of miss matched relationships in the past and it's dam time to get connected again and we both feel the time has come!.. Firebug and her husband will be returning to PEI in the am to bring Dias home.. and hopefully our devil pony Gunnar will behave and not give the new addition a hard time. lol
After leaving PEI we were going to see another horse in Cape Breton and visit Joan at the same time, however there wasn't much of a point to see another horse now, but Bleeding heart we decided to go to Joans anyway.. so away we went .. PEI to NB to Cape Breton.. and 1,200 kms altogether !! Ask me if I'm tired.. and my buttercup is sore too!!! We arrived at Joans around 7:15pm.. and of course as usual welcomed with open arms.. god it was good to hug her again.. She fed us , made us drink.. yes she did forced liquor down our throats.. heheheh NOT.. There was only a bit of the captain left but enough to have a hefy drink.. next thing I know Firebug was so excited telling Joan all about Dias that she picked up my drink and friggin chugged it.. before I knew what was happening she drank nearly half.. omg I just about threw a fit.. ummmm no I did.. but a slap from Joan straighened me right up.. lol.. We all finally went to sleep and in the morning .. early in the morning for Joan and Firebug are early risers.. I'M NOT!!! were up ready to start their day.. I got up a bit cranky as usual they just ignored me.. Joan made us coffee/tea and toasted bagels for breakie.. we helped her put rubber mats she bought in her trailer, helped with stuff she needs brought down from the hay loft .. kissed and hugged and on our way home by 8am...
It sure was a full couple of days.. anyhoo.. here are some pics we took on our adventure.. oh and despite the fact I drove all the way myself cause I am much to anal to let Firebug drive I wasn't really that cranky.. surprising.. ummm ..anyway here's the pics
babies first.. the colt.. he needs a nameTurn the Page DSCF0078-3
Turn the Page DSCF0076-4
Turn the Page DSCF0015-12
The filly.. Yetta.. she's so dainty like her mom.. preciousTurn the Page DSCF0002-10
Turn the Page DSCF0005-8

Firebug turning the page, Welcome Dias can't wait to get him home!
Turn the Page DSCF0058-7
Turn the Page DSCF0059-5
Turn the Page DSCF0051-7
Turn the Page DSCF0084-5
Turn the Page DSCF0083-3

AND our Joan and Firebug hanging out at the Bunk house in Hay Cove
Turn the Page DSCF0088-2
Turn the Page DSCF0087-3
Back to top Go down
Dun Tru

Dun Tru

Turn the Page Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turn the Page   Turn the Page Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 9:50 pm

Wow that is quite the trip!! Sounds like a good time! So glad that Firebug found her new pony :D Can't wait to see more pictures of him!
Back to top Go down
http://www.meadowbrookstables.8k.com
Loves Color

Loves Color

Turn the Page Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turn the Page   Turn the Page Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 9:56 pm

Wow, that is alot of driving.

Congrats to Firebug on her new horse. I love his face, it will be interesting to see his color when he completely sheds out.

I am quite sure those are the cuties babies I have have ever seen.
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

Turn the Page Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turn the Page   Turn the Page Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 10:13 pm

once he get shedded out like you said and gets rid of that red PEI mud.. then we will see just what color he really is.. And MB .. your right that was a lot of driving but well worth the trip.. Will post more pics when he gets home.. can't wait..
Back to top Go down
naughty by nature

Turn the Page Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turn the Page   Turn the Page Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 12:23 am

Well congrats to FB for getting a new pony. Is she keeping her other guy?
The Fjord babies are so cute and I love the mom's with the shaggy mane it's pretty cool looking
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

Turn the Page Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turn the Page   Turn the Page Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 7:16 am

hey you..........thought you were doing a broadcast????????????/ anyway, the story tells either way..........I love the pix of Dias with Nancy............they look great together......and I cant wait till he shows his TRUE COLOURS............WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO........................
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Sailorgirl

Sailorgirl

Turn the Page Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turn the Page   Turn the Page Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 9:16 am

Fjord babies so sweet!!! Wow congratulations on Firebug's new mount...I LOVE his unique color!!! I'm gonna have to drop in tonight on my way home from the barn to see!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Turn the Page Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turn the Page   Turn the Page Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 8:28 pm

Turn the Page 847652 I just LOVE all this Bucketlist stuff going on. It's finally got us off our "buttercups" and taking action instead of just wishing things would happen. What a road trip you guys had! I hope your license was up to date (mine is now). I'd love to see more pictures - especially once he's home. I'm soooo happy that I feel like giggling.

Good going girls!
Back to top Go down
RedBaronBPeppy

RedBaronBPeppy

Turn the Page Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turn the Page   Turn the Page Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 11:24 pm

i KNEW IT!
I had a feeling when i overheard you talking to Dominica that you might be an ME'er .... but I couldn't put a name to your face.. I bet you had no idea that was me that was there at the same time you were!!! thats kind of neat :D but i wish i had of introduced myself.. if i had of known...!!
some cute babies huh? i was pretty excited when i got there and peeked in the stall.. ive been waiting forever for those babies!!! im glad they decided to come while i was home on Easter break!!

anywhoo, congrats to firebug.. he is some cute little guy! and a nice mover too!
he reminds me of my buckskin filly... sort of a weird sooty buckskin shade... very unique!
Back to top Go down
Lightning
Mod
Lightning

Turn the Page Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turn the Page   Turn the Page Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 6:55 am

Congrats Nancy!!! Wissy does this mean you're coming to the clinic this weekend?
Back to top Go down

Turn the Page Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turn the Page   Turn the Page Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 8:43 am

OMG! What a trip!

And those foals! OMG! I want one! ha
Back to top Go down
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

Turn the Page Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turn the Page   Turn the Page Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 8:46 am

LOL sorry Jill I really should have introduced you and Darcey.... it was my blonde hair doing the thinking again or rather not doing the thinking Turn the Page 368450

Wonderful visit with Nancy and Mariea Turn the Page 368450 so nice to finally meet both the gals although I felt like I already knew them via emails... it has been a long time coming!!!

I think his papers spell it "Diaz" although I'm not sure it matters... LOL we still think of him as Diego thanks to my lovely husband and his name "difficulties"
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
Sailorgirl

Sailorgirl

Turn the Page Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turn the Page   Turn the Page Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 9:52 am

A few pics taken at Firebug's place with Dias!...and Gunnar and Rex :) Dias is a real sweety...love his coloring

Turn the Page Diasishome004
Turn the Page Diasishome001
Turn the Page Diasishome006
Turn the Page Diasishome007
Back to top Go down
Bay-Lee

Bay-Lee

Turn the Page Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turn the Page   Turn the Page Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 10:13 am

congratulation Firebug, I wish you many years of fun with him.. What a great road trip you guys had....
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Turn the Page Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turn the Page   Turn the Page Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 11:26 am

SO, HOW WAS THE TRIP Home for D;Cutches??? how did he settle in? how did Gunnar do...any screaming??????? come on...........WHERE IS THE REST OF THE STORY???????????????some reporter broadcaster you are!!!!! hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa........we get pix and updates from ROOKIES........HAHAHA...JUST KIDDING SAILORGIRL........but this was an ASSIGNMENT.......hahhaha......god I just love making Mariea pissed.......wooooooooohoooooo....but at least there is something, so we know she made it home with Diaz and that her husband didnt actually just say I DONT THINK SO............hahahaha..............come on............I wanna know the WHOLE STORY. :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

Turn the Page Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turn the Page   Turn the Page Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 1:14 pm

Great story telling Wissy... Fire-bug CONGRATULATIONS and i am looking forward to tons of photos of him, he is a lovely looking boy !!!
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

Turn the Page Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turn the Page   Turn the Page Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 1:30 pm

Ok smart buttercup Joanie.. here's a story for ya...
Once I had a little doll
stuck her on the wall
That's all

How's that for a freakin story because since I got home that is about as much time I have to write one.. Turn the Page 778478
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Turn the Page Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turn the Page   Turn the Page Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 3:14 pm

:doglaugh.gif: Turn the Page 336163 Turn the Page 466697 Turn the Page 737448 Turn the Page 55920 Turn the Page 574459 Turn the Page 682614 :Chicken-Dance.
Back to top Go down
FIREBUG

Turn the Page Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turn the Page   Turn the Page Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 4:57 pm

Yes, it was time to turn the page. Wissy and I had a great trip to PEI. and a wonderful visit with Joan.
Diaz hopped right on the trailer, came off and settled very well. I have him all brushed up,
tail combed out, mane braided so it all stays on one side. Took him across our covered bridge
that crosses the ponds and walked him down to the river where he had a drink.
Today I lunged and rode him and he responded well and no foolishness. He is very kind
and honest and trys hard for being in a field for a year. I bathed him and then he rolled
in the paddock. Oh well, he seems happy and so am I.
Thank you for all your best wishes and thank you Wissy for the great trip together.
Thanks also to D and Glenn for all their patience and time they spent with us.
Back to top Go down
RobinsKelticBuckaroo

RobinsKelticBuckaroo

Turn the Page Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turn the Page   Turn the Page Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 5:47 pm

Congrats Firebug! He is very cute!
Back to top Go down
Sailorgirl

Sailorgirl

Turn the Page Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turn the Page   Turn the Page Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 8:31 pm

Here's some more pics of Firebug and Diaz on their first "at-home" lunge and ride. He was a VERY good boy!!!!

Turn the Page Diasishome017
Turn the Page Diasishome016
Turn the Page Diasishome015
https://2img.net/h/i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii76/AnnetteAucoin/Diaz%20and%20Nancy/Diasishome014.jpg[/IMG]
Turn the Page Diasishome005
Turn the Page Diasishome009
Turn the Page Diasishome007
Back to top Go down
lb-ranch

Turn the Page Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turn the Page   Turn the Page Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 8:49 pm

Great pics and story :)
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Turn the Page Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turn the Page   Turn the Page Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 8:50 pm

He is so handsome - and what a kind eye he has. It's great that he settled in so well and so quickly. Makes it easier to have lots of fun right away. What are your plans for him?! I'm soooo happy for you!
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

Turn the Page Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turn the Page   Turn the Page Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 9:19 pm

he is a doll.. to freakin bad that the devil pony wasn't better behaved.. just tell me how one little sweet yellow pony can turn into a monster.. tonight he sniffed Diaz through the divider in the stalls.. and promptly turned and kicked the wall between so hard it splashed their water all over the place.. Firebug snapped him with the crop and both ran and hid in the corner.. bad bad pony..
I was cranky today.. not wanting to work when some where off hanging at the barn.. but managed to get there tonight to trim up stud muffings mane and witness his uglyness.. good thing I love that yellow ball of thistle.. lol
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Turn the Page Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turn the Page   Turn the Page Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 5:27 am

thistle yellow headed pony..............do you think it will just take a day or two for the Gunman to settle down.........when you gonna try them in the same pen??????.............sooooooooooooooo hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaappppppppppppppppppppyyyyyyyyyyyyyy for you NANCY............WOOOOOOOOOOOHNOOOOOOOOOOOO :cowboyhound.gi :cowboyhound.gi i THINK DOMINICA thinks I should have a mini.............huh......... lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Turn the Page Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turn the Page   Turn the Page Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Turn the Page
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next