Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

At my wits end

Go down 
+6
Twilight
just joan
Deborah
Wissy
D-Cutch
Caper Cowgirl
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Caper Cowgirl

Caper Cowgirl

At my wits end Empty
PostSubject: At my wits end   At my wits end Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 8:24 pm

I am at a loss as far as my puppy goes....

Here is how it started...
We went to pick out one puppy..Felt bad for the only one remaining so we bought her to...Mistake number one

After about a month we had to re-home the 2nd puppy we took home as the girls were fighting constantly...I mean fighting blood and all....

Once that puppy left Faith really came out of her shell...To this adorable swett loving puppy that was coming along nicely with the house breaking...

Wishful thinking....I can't understand now why a 7.5 month old is not in anyway shape or form housebroke...I have done everthing I could possibly do...From the most frequent toilet trips outside to discipline when she messes in the house...using the right stuff to clean up the mess so she doesnt smell it...Restricting food and water in the evening...I can literally take her outside, watch her do her business, take her back in the house and minutes later she let one rip somewhere randomly in the house...I am so sick of wet socks..Stinky poo everywhere...

Could she be dirty because she was kept in a cattle barn for the first 16 weeks of her life using the washroom whenever and wherever she pleased..The area was not kept very clean

On a positive note she usually...(I said usually not always or never)....doesn't mess in her pen...But I can't keep her in there all the time..We watch her like a hawk when she is out of the pen...But she will squat in front of you and pee..Not a care in the word...She seems to enjoy being put outside unattended while we clean the mess..We even tried tying her so she doesnt look at it as a reward....She thought the rope was an awesome toy to get for dirting in the house... :evil:

She is constantly ripping down my curtains...And could care less when she gets in trouble for it..She just waits for you to put them up again so she can rip them down again...So NO I no longer have curtains where she hangs out...She destroys her toys...Ones bought at a pet store not cheap dollar store ones....

She herds everything..She cat gets dizzy watching her go round and round...She is a cattle dog so I understand the instinct...But when she rounds up mu inlaws dogs she nips at them when they dont respond and that starts a war...She won't back down until she has won

MY NERVES ARE SHOT...I am seriouly thinking about sending her to a farm somewhere..She loves to run around the yard and doesnt roam far (Finally a positive trait)...We have every intention of getting to a farm like setting as soon as this house sells...But i don't think I can handle this dirty distuctive beast til that happens...

ANY SUGGESTIONS???????
Back to top Go down
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

At my wits end Empty
PostSubject: Re: At my wits end   At my wits end Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 8:52 pm

BAH - I just wrote a big long message and lost it... I suck!

ETA - before I retype my whole message if you grab hold of Faith unexpectantly how does she react?
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

At my wits end Empty
PostSubject: Re: At my wits end   At my wits end Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 10:02 pm

I have no clue.. never encountered that problem with any dog I've owned.. and it's not like this is your first pup either.. so not sure what to say to help.. maybe call the Dog Whisper.. Cesar Milan.. :scratch:
Back to top Go down
Caper Cowgirl

Caper Cowgirl

At my wits end Empty
PostSubject: Re: At my wits end   At my wits end Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 10:06 pm

Quote :
ETA - before I retype my whole message if you grab hold of Faith unexpectantly how does she react?
One sec I go do it...
Back to top Go down
Caper Cowgirl

Caper Cowgirl

At my wits end Empty
PostSubject: Re: At my wits end   At my wits end Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 10:08 pm

OK "D"....she just dropped...And looked up...

Her behavior makes her seem dominant..yet when I just grabbed her she was in my opinion submissive...

I walked up to her and grabbed her...should I have snuck up on her
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

At my wits end Empty
PostSubject: Re: At my wits end   At my wits end Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 10:31 pm

:scratch: well I know if you grab a hold of me unexpectantly you better duck.. lol 👅
Back to top Go down
Deborah

At my wits end Empty
PostSubject: Re: At my wits end   At my wits end Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 12:42 am

I will HIGHLY recommend my dog trainer who has fixed a multitude of issues -many much more serious than what you are experiencing. He is located in St.Margarets Bay and travels to you. His name is Dan Ross and his # is 471-9897.

Mods; if I shouldn't have put his info up I apologize. I will pm CC with it if you prefer.

Please give your dog a chance and call him. He is a miracle worker!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

At my wits end Empty
PostSubject: Re: At my wits end   At my wits end Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 7:07 am

Deborah, so long as its not a phone number for a hit man for someone to have a hubby taken out I think we are ok!!!!!!!! :bounce:
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Deborah

At my wits end Empty
PostSubject: Re: At my wits end   At my wits end Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 8:52 am

hahahahahahaahahah Too funny JJ. Mind you once you see him you may want to hire a hit on your man. He is too cute!!!!
Back to top Go down
Twilight

At my wits end Empty
PostSubject: Re: At my wits end   At my wits end Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 8:58 am

Damn, JJ, sometimes I could use that sort of number, lol.

I despaired of ever housebreaking my bagel (bassett/beagle cross). She would calmly look at you and just pee. She even messsed in her crate. I was so frustrated, and ready to do just about anything. Read all the literature, did it the 'right' way, to no avail.

One day she soaked my couch....mind you, she wasn't even supposed to be on it!

I gave up, and as a last ditch effort, used the old 'rub their nose in it and give them a stern voice and a rolled up newspaper' routine, the one we are no longer supposed to do. Just once was all.

She has been just fine ever since!!
Back to top Go down
Caper Cowgirl

Caper Cowgirl

At my wits end Empty
PostSubject: Re: At my wits end   At my wits end Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 10:33 am

Quote :
I gave up, and as a last ditch effort, used the old 'rub their nose in it and give them a stern voice and a rolled up newspaper' routine, the one we are no longer supposed to do. Just once was all.

TRIED THAT ONE TOO

Thanks 'D' for the very helpful pm...I am hard at work...If anyone knows Heelers its you, having owned and worked so many of them on your farm..

Thanks Deborah...I have been given a few numbers...Just hard to know which one to pick
Back to top Go down
naughty by nature

At my wits end Empty
PostSubject: Re: At my wits end   At my wits end Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 9:04 pm

CC I'm pretty sure I met you at a mbra show last year I had my rottie there. Did you at that time have a rottie too?

my dog used to think it was a game to pee on the floor cause it would wake me up and he would have some time with him. I just bought a crate and put him in it at night and that fixed if for him. is the dog neutered? maybe it's making it's territory? not really sure. sorry i'm no help.
Back to top Go down
Caper Cowgirl

Caper Cowgirl

At my wits end Empty
PostSubject: Re: At my wits end   At my wits end Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 10:22 pm

That was me at the MBRA show...

I miss my Rottie so much...The police tasered him on my front step..Long story about a dog guilty because of his breed...My dog did nothing but bark at a rookie cop and the cop over reacted and my dog paid the price for it...I am serious when I say my dog was on my step when that happened...

I think Faith has online access..She has been an angel since I posted this...hahaha...Lets hope she keeps it up...I will post evil stories of her every day if that is what she needs...We had her outside the whole day today preparing for the horses...She was very good to stay close by and was very well behaved...She didn't even do her usual 'Wanna kill the horses" routine when they arrived...She barked and growled a few times but I scolded her and she stop immediately...Then went on playing as if they didnt exist...
Back to top Go down
naughty by nature

At my wits end Empty
PostSubject: Re: At my wits end   At my wits end Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 10:31 pm

OMG thats horrible was there any charges against the police officer?
I'm very careful with my dog because alot of people are scared of him because of his breed if only they knew what a chicken he is lol. I always keep him close to me and he's not allowed off leash out of my sight he doesn't usually go off the property but it only takes once for some idiot to see him and think hes going to attack and shoot him so we keep him in his kennel or tied outside if we're not with him.
Back to top Go down
Caper Cowgirl

Caper Cowgirl

At my wits end Empty
PostSubject: Re: At my wits end   At my wits end Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 10:50 pm

Quote :
OMG thats horrible was there any charges against the police officer?

The officer said he feared for his safety and the dog was not tied or supervised at the time...Someone let my dog out of my house (must have been the only day in my life I forgot to lock my door)...I wanted my door lifted for prints because I had a group home across the street from me and they were constantly at my door wanting my dog to come out and play or asking to take him for a walk...So I suspected them in letting him out...The police refused to do that saying my dog got out the window...I lived on the 2nd story...and no window was open...So unless the dog jumped out window and asked the cat to shut it behind him their theory didn't make sense....Tyson was never outside unattended...I had him on a lungeline anytime he had to do his business..I protected him from his breed..As you said people judge them for their breed...Half my neighbors didnt even know he existed...i think that is why the cops were called...Saw an unfamiliar 135lb rottie sitting on my step...My step was very close to the sidewalk..You walked off my step and you were on the sidewalk..
When my dog was tasered he took off...Then he was considered an animal at large..So they were gonna charge me...It was a lose lose situation for me...My dog was never the same...
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

At my wits end Empty
PostSubject: Re: At my wits end   At my wits end Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 7:02 am

OMG, poor puppy...........Jo did you actually witness the tazering??????/ WTF?????
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Caper Cowgirl

Caper Cowgirl

At my wits end Empty
PostSubject: Re: At my wits end   At my wits end Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 9:38 am

I didn't see it...I was at work and my puppers was in the house when I left...No kids were home (they were in CapeBreton) so nobody in my family could have let him out...I know in my heart those kids across the street let him out..There is no other explaination
I got a call from the dog catcher at work ..I knew her from working at the SPCA and she knew my dog...
Back to top Go down
~TC~

At my wits end Empty
PostSubject: Re: At my wits end   At my wits end Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 9:59 am

Cesar has some tips...

Video one housebreaking

Video 2
I can't find the continuation of this video series, but I am assuming you would graduate the paper, or the pads to pee on, outside? To the area you want her to go?
Back to top Go down
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

At my wits end Empty
PostSubject: Re: At my wits end   At my wits end Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 2:33 pm

Exercise, and lots of it. Try and take her out for daily off lease walks where she can run free and burn off energy, it helps so much.
Back to top Go down
Caper Cowgirl

Caper Cowgirl

At my wits end Empty
PostSubject: Re: At my wits end   At my wits end Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 3:11 pm

We have her out with us all the time...She runs and plays hard the whole time she is out...In fact she was out with us today from 9am til just now...She came in took a pillow off my couch and ripped the corner off it and pulled out the stuffing in just under 5mins..She wasn't alone that long..Long enough for me to pee and wash my hands of forest gunk...

Last night she shredded her doggie bed...She has had it forever and she decided last night was the night to rip the seams and pull the bee jesus out of the stuffing...And she crapped all over her pen...

Just when I think she is coming around she has retarded moments...
Back to top Go down
SemiCharmed

At my wits end Empty
PostSubject: Re: At my wits end   At my wits end Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 3:22 pm

First I want to qualify this with the admission that I have next to no knowledge about behavioural issues with dogs (fortunate to never have had a dog with issues I guess LOL) ... but the first thing that leapt out at me as I read this thread is that it may be a dietary issue? (Yes, i know, I sound flakey, and I don't normally consider myself flakey LOL) - but there's just something about the combination of issues here that struck me as diet related. Unfortunately, given my utter lack of knowledge in this area, I can't actually suggest anything along those lines, but would recommend doing some research down that avenue.

Good luck Joanne, hope you find a solution :)
Back to top Go down
Caper Cowgirl

Caper Cowgirl

At my wits end Empty
PostSubject: Re: At my wits end   At my wits end Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 3:41 pm

Thanks..I will look into it

Faith eats strictly dog food...No people food..Only dog made treats...

She was started on Purina Puppy chow when we first got her (this was what she was used to) we slowly switched her to pedigree puppy chow which she loves and has only had that brand of food since...
Back to top Go down
naughty by nature

At my wits end Empty
PostSubject: Re: At my wits end   At my wits end Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 9:51 pm

puppy food is usually not that great for dogs I think it's a good starter after being taken away from their mother but after that we usually put them on regular dog food. Puppy food can cause them to grow too fast and cause alot of problems with their joints ( not that it has anything to do with behavior at all) good luck.

We just trained our dogs with the invisable fencing today that was interesting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

At my wits end Empty
PostSubject: Re: At my wits end   At my wits end Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

At my wits end
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Custom Hats By Sue :: General Topics :: Good Day and/or a Bad Day let us Know!-
Jump to: