Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalRegisterLog in

Goodbye to My Girl

Go down 
+19
MoonShadow
Flicka
Ellie*Mae
oldladynewhorse
blackfly
charlo
Tie
RedBaronBPeppy
C4B's
Salsasue
Barefoot_Horsegirl
Tammy
mountaincowgirl
Loves Color
Deborah
SexyDexy
Wissy
lb-ranch
Freva
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Freva

Freva

Goodbye to My Girl Empty
PostSubject: Goodbye to My Girl   Goodbye to My Girl Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 8:50 am

I am losing my friend of 33 and 1/2 today. She is down in her stall and her time has come. A very sad day but one I knew would come...... she is leaving me with lots of happy memories. Run free, Charm!!!!!

Goodbye to My Girl November809009
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
lb-ranch

Goodbye to My Girl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to My Girl   Goodbye to My Girl Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 8:52 am

Awww :( so sorry to hear that but she's had an amazing life, wish more horses could have her history of such a loving owner.
thoughts and hugs heading your way today.
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

Goodbye to My Girl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to My Girl   Goodbye to My Girl Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 8:55 am

oh Val.. I'm so sorry.. this brings back memories of my old fellow that past away two years ago at the age of 30... I'm so sorry this is a very hard thing to go through.. great big (((((HUGS))))

SexyDexy

Goodbye to My Girl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to My Girl   Goodbye to My Girl Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 9:07 am

That is a long time to spend with one special horse. You and her are both very lucky to have eachother. I'll be thinking about you both today and wishing Charm a peaceful passing. Goodbye to My Girl 757770
Back to top Go down
Deborah

Goodbye to My Girl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to My Girl   Goodbye to My Girl Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 10:11 am

I am so terribly sorry for you and your girlie. No matter how long they live it is never enough. Prayers for peace in both of your hearts.
Back to top Go down
Loves Color

Loves Color

Goodbye to My Girl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to My Girl   Goodbye to My Girl Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 10:12 am

Big hugs for you...this is never easy.
:hug.gif:
Back to top Go down
mountaincowgirl

mountaincowgirl

Goodbye to My Girl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to My Girl   Goodbye to My Girl Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 10:51 am

So sorry to hear this. (((hugs))) May she rest in peace!

Back to top Go down
Tammy

Goodbye to My Girl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to My Girl   Goodbye to My Girl Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 11:13 am

Oh Val, my heart is breaking for you. You're going to miss your girl. You two have truly shared a special bond. May she have a peaceful passing and fill your life with wonderful memories.

Thinking of you.

:tn_prayer114.j
Back to top Go down
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

Goodbye to My Girl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to My Girl   Goodbye to My Girl Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 11:28 am

What a life this old girl has had. She is so lucky to have had you as an owner.

Back to top Go down
Salsasue

Goodbye to My Girl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to My Girl   Goodbye to My Girl Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 11:34 am

Sorry for your loss..it's never a easy thing to do, but she had a great life..

Hugs, :hug.gif:

Salsasue :
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

Goodbye to My Girl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to My Girl   Goodbye to My Girl Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 11:57 am

OHHH !!! Val i am so sorry..... she is a dear friend and you will have so many good memories !!! i will be thinking of you, i will tell Joan and i know she will be thinking of you too !!!
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

Goodbye to My Girl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to My Girl   Goodbye to My Girl Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 12:50 pm

Thank you everyone for your kind words and thoughts. I am sad and have had my moments but also know just how lucky I have been to have had her with me for all this time. She was healthy literally to her last day. We had noticed her slowing down a bit the last month. All of ladies were gathered in the corral this morning...something they don't often do... standing very quietly .....horses are sensitive creatures....I think they knew. Thanks again, I truly appreciate your support.
Back to top Go down
RedBaronBPeppy

RedBaronBPeppy

Goodbye to My Girl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to My Girl   Goodbye to My Girl Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 1:05 pm

so sorry for your loss Val :(
brought tears to my eyes reading this...
I bet she is up there running and playing with my pony right now!

hugs to you. <3
Back to top Go down
Tie

Goodbye to My Girl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to My Girl   Goodbye to My Girl Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 1:12 pm

My heart and thoughts are with you Val. :(
Back to top Go down
charlo

Goodbye to My Girl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to My Girl   Goodbye to My Girl Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 2:21 pm

I'm so very sorry. Hugs
Back to top Go down
blackfly

blackfly

Goodbye to My Girl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to My Girl   Goodbye to My Girl Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 2:31 pm

I'm so sorry about your loss Val. She was so lucky to have spent her life in such a great home.
Back to top Go down
oldladynewhorse
Mod
oldladynewhorse

Goodbye to My Girl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to My Girl   Goodbye to My Girl Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 2:43 pm

Val, I'm very sorry to hear this. Gosh, and we were just laughing Monday about the worming thing. She had a terrific life with you from a young filly to now.
Back to top Go down
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

Goodbye to My Girl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to My Girl   Goodbye to My Girl Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 2:48 pm

I am so sorry Goodbye to My Girl 757770
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

Goodbye to My Girl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to My Girl   Goodbye to My Girl Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 3:54 pm

Thanks again everyone...you sure are making a hard day a bit easier. As our newest member, oldladynewhorse said...we were having a bit of a laugh at Charm's expense a few night's ago. Fred and I had a big deworming night...everybody was getting done.....we had 3 partial tube left from deworming the Fjord fillies and decided that since Charm was such a pro at the procedure after having done it for over 33 years that she would be the chosen one for the 3 partial tubes to make up her dose......she was very well behaved but did we ever get some looks from her with each tube and the little dab that was left.....I told her it didn't pay to be the old, reliable girl.....I'm smilin' a little at the thought!!!! Thank goodness for memories!!!
Back to top Go down

Goodbye to My Girl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to My Girl   Goodbye to My Girl Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 4:07 pm

Well Like I already said Val, I'm thinking of you today and sending HUGS..... I wish everyone was that lucky to have their best friend live that long.. THat's something to cherish in itself!

That's a cute little story about the wormer! ha I bet she's laughing too!
Back to top Go down
Flicka

Goodbye to My Girl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to My Girl   Goodbye to My Girl Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 5:24 pm

I'm sorry for you loss, but she's had a wonderful life with you....Missed but never forgotten...
Back to top Go down
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

Goodbye to My Girl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to My Girl   Goodbye to My Girl Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 8:57 pm

This is so heart breaking, yet so heart warming at the same time. Not many horses are lucky enough to have the same friend all their lifes and vise versa. I am so sorry for your loss, and hope all your memories will help make her passing a bit easier. Goodbye to My Girl 750249
Back to top Go down
jamel105

Goodbye to My Girl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to My Girl   Goodbye to My Girl Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 10:12 pm

I am very sorry or your loss. I dont know what else to say because no words can make it feel better. I have been through the same thing and know how it feels. Know that you are not alone.
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

Goodbye to My Girl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to My Girl   Goodbye to My Girl Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 12:03 pm

Val, i am sorry but i chickened out about telling Joan about Charm, i just would have cried and cried !!!!! but Joan will be home some time today and will add her own condolences..... and will want to kick my pixie for not telling her yesterday !!!! you are still in my thoughts!!!!
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Goodbye to My Girl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to My Girl   Goodbye to My Girl Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 1:03 pm

It's great that you can still laugh at the fond memories. I can just IMAGINE the look that Charm gave you as you approached her with yet the THIRD tube! Big hug coming your way from all of us here on the Rock.

Goodbye to My Girl 757770
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Goodbye to My Girl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to My Girl   Goodbye to My Girl Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Goodbye to My Girl
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next