Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

got to get another cat..

Go down 
+2
MoonShadow
rude
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rude

rude

got to get another cat.. Empty
PostSubject: got to get another cat..   got to get another cat.. Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 8:13 am

I've lately had to bury my cat it broke my heart..now squirrels are taking over the barn..I've put mothballs everywhere with no luck ....any suggestions??
Back to top Go down
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

PostSubject: Re: got to get another cat..   got to get another cat.. Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 9:24 am

I have squirrels too. If you can start feeding them sunflower seeds, away from the barn.. pick a spot and leave the seeds every day. They will soon start to hang out there and wait for the seeds. And even make nests close to the food source.

Now me, I don't mind my resident squirrels.. I give them some seeds every time I feed the horses.. they have a place in the barn.. But I don't have anything to worry about them ruining in my run in.

I also feed the crows.. I guess I'm a getting to be one of those nutty old women that feeds anything that will open its mouth..lol I lost both my cats too ..last fall. Waiting till we sell and move to replace them.
Back to top Go down
rude

rude

PostSubject: Re: got to get another cat..   got to get another cat.. Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 10:47 am

your a softy moonshadow...there feeding themselves chewing through my feed buckets...I want them gone lol!
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: got to get another cat..   got to get another cat.. Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 11:44 am

You're going to have to get yourself a barn cat. My guys catch birds, mice (we've only had 2 so I guess word got out), moles, squirrels and moose ears. I haven't had any trouble with critters in the barn since I brought the cats home.
Back to top Go down
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

PostSubject: Re: got to get another cat..   got to get another cat.. Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 12:53 pm

lol! Softy is an understatement...

and what the heck is a moose ear??? I might want one of those to feed..wonder what they eat?
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: got to get another cat..   got to get another cat.. Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 1:53 pm

hahah MS.. I think she is saying her cats brought home moose ears.. hehehe..
We feed everything too.. crows.. they actually call for us when they are hungry... :P
Back to top Go down
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

PostSubject: Re: got to get another cat..   got to get another cat.. Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 6:07 pm

Wissy wrote:
hahah MS.. I think she is saying her cats brought home moose ears.. hehehe..
We feed everything too.. crows.. they actually call for us when they are hungry... :P

Well now how the blazes did her cat talk a moose out of his ears? Or does she have a lion for a house cat? got to get another cat.. 831788

I had to start feeding the crow in secret. it was up setting the neighbour and the kids that we has so many crows sitting on our lawn. The would come to the window, perch on the ledge and stare at me until I came out with the popcorn and bread crusts.

Now I sneak the bread crust off to the woods.. but I hear then crowing when they see me comming. :animal-smiley- :2anpaint2.gif:
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: got to get another cat..   got to get another cat.. Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 7:27 pm

Ahhhh, the moose ear story. Last fall I noticed that there was "something" in the small paddock and Barney was laying on it. It looked like something furry but I couldn't figure out what it was. On closer inspection I realized that it was a moose ear. So of course I had to go and have a look for the carcass because if it's dead and rotting, Rosie would find it. Couldn't find a thing so I picked up the moose ear in a plastic bag and put it in the garbage.

The next afternoon I was walking through the barn and out of the corner of my eye I saw something in Reo's stall. I thought it was a stray cat at first but again, upon further inspection, it was a moose ear. Got rid of that one too.

Over the new year holidays we were talking to our neighbours and Warren was saying how he'd gotten his moose that fall and cleaned it in the garage. He also ties flies and apparently the hair from the moose ears are great for fly tying. So he put the ears on the back deck to dry out. One morning he went out and there was an ear missing. The next morning he went out and the other ear was missing. He figured it must have been a stray dog that was robbing him. Come to find out that it was Barney all along. Warren nearly cried when I told him that I had tossed the ears into the garbage!
Back to top Go down
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

PostSubject: Re: got to get another cat..   got to get another cat.. Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 7:39 pm

:doglaugh.gif: I feel so enlightened now!! That was a funny story. Makes sense now. I thought maybe it was a nick name for some native rodant of NFLD!

FYI... I lived in NFLD a long time ago.. a very very long time ago....
Back to top Go down
rude

rude

PostSubject: Re: got to get another cat..   got to get another cat.. Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 8:38 pm

okkk..so nowww I get it lol!
Back to top Go down
DesignedByDiesel

DesignedByDiesel

PostSubject: Re: got to get another cat..   got to get another cat.. Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 9:06 pm

Tammy always has the funiest stories lol
Back to top Go down
rude

rude

PostSubject: Re: got to get another cat..   got to get another cat.. Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 8:20 am

a friend just contacted me and says she has 2 fixed black cats for me...yeah...(doing the happy dance)...bring it on squirrely !!!
Back to top Go down
Bay-Lee

Bay-Lee

PostSubject: Re: got to get another cat..   got to get another cat.. Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 8:41 am

so exciting new kitties, when are they arriving??..And its so nice that they are already fixed....
Back to top Go down
rude

rude

PostSubject: Re: got to get another cat..   got to get another cat.. Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 11:03 am

maybe we could go get them Monday...I would of went to get them this weekened but Chelseas recital all weekened..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: got to get another cat..   got to get another cat.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

got to get another cat..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Custom Hats By Sue :: Keeping and Caring for Horses :: Around the Barn- general horse discussions-
Jump to: