Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My latest trip

Go down 
+9
Freva
Tammy
RedBaronBPeppy
Highlander
lb-ranch
teekathepony
Bay-Lee
just joan
mypony
13 posters
AuthorMessage
mypony

My latest trip Empty
PostSubject: My latest trip   My latest trip Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 7:35 pm

I am just getting back from an Alaskan cruise. This trip I took my hubby :) He always said that he did not want to go on a cruise, well maybe an Alaskan cruise... So that is what we did. We left home Friday May 21st for Vancouver. Then the next day we went to Anchorage, Alaska. Neat place. At this time of the year the sun goes down around 11 pm and is up around 2:30am and it is not really dark when the sun is down. It was not all that cold, maybe 10C.

We did a bunch of walking while we where in Anchorage. In front of one house was someones pet Reindeer!
My latest trip DSC00086

On our way to the ship we stopped at a gas station
What a view!
My latest trip DSC00115

Have you ever ate this?
My latest trip DSC00122
They say they are tasty...

We traveled on Holland America's ship the Statendam. It was not a huge ship, about 800 people. I know that sounds pretty big... but some cruise boats can have 5000 or 6000 guest, not including the workers.

I don't really have a very good picture of our ship.
My latest trip DSC00159

Our fist stop was College Bay. All the Glaciers are named after Ivy League Colleges.
My latest trip DSC00197

There were a bunch of sea otters. That is what these black spots are in the water.
My latest trip DSC00218

We ate supper early so we could watch us sail out of College Bay.
My latest trip DSC00413

This is the Crows Nest, the observation/bar area. We spent a lot of time hanging out there.
My latest trip DSC00380

On this evening it was just and the Captain hanging out in the Crows Nest.
My latest trip DSC00391

The cruise went to Glacier Bay National Park. The only way to get to the Park was by water or air. Really cool place.
My latest trip DSC00273

We did not get off the ship, just cruised around
My latest trip DSC00265

These two guys were just hanging out in front of the Glacier.
My latest trip DSC00290

As we were leaving this boat was pulling in.
My latest trip DSC00346

Our first port of call was Haines Alaska. It was a small town and it's claim to fame is that White Fang the movie was filmed there.
My latest trip DSC00432

We walked around and visited the Hammer Museum... Yup there is such a thing!
My latest trip DSC00446

There is our ship!
My latest trip DSC00466

We went whale watching while we stopped in Juneau. AMAZING!! Within the first 15 mins we came up to a pod of Killer Whales. About 10 or so. The people that work on the whale watching boat said that they don't see many Killer whales. This was a young one playing.
My latest trip DSC00563
My latest trip DSC00565

Then we moved on to a couple Humpback whales. They were feeding at the surface...something they rarely do, but we got to watch it!
My latest trip DSC00600
My latest trip DSC00599
My latest trip DSC00607

This guy was flying above us
My latest trip DSC00609

And this guy was swimming around us, showing us his lunch!
My latest trip DSC00619
My latest trip DSC00620

The only way to keep track of what day it is on the cruise boat is the mat they put in the elevator!
My latest trip DSC00544

It was an AMAZING trip
My latest trip DSC00536
My latest trip DSC00377-1
My latest trip DSC00413
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

My latest trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest trip   My latest trip Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 7:53 pm

it sure was amazing........thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Bay-Lee

Bay-Lee

My latest trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest trip   My latest trip Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 7:56 pm

wow breath taking scenery...
Back to top Go down
teekathepony

teekathepony

My latest trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest trip   My latest trip Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 8:05 pm

Amazing!! Some day I'll go on an Alaskan cruise. I nearly started hyperventilating when I saw the orcas!!
Back to top Go down
lb-ranch

My latest trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest trip   My latest trip Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 8:06 pm

Wow, pretty pics, Makes me want to go there myself
Back to top Go down
Highlander

Highlander

My latest trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest trip   My latest trip Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 8:27 pm

Beautiful photo's Mypony,Alaska is a stunning place.I was there in 2007 around this time of yr.What great luck you had getting to see whales in the wild ocean,i'd say that was a magical experience,Glaciers look beautiful in the light.I remember seeing that reindeer in Anchorage,spent 3 days there,then went onto Homer for 4 days,walked the famous Homer spit at least 4 times,one of these was to go whale watching.Of course did'nt quite make it out to sea as it was rough going and everyone except myself and the captain was seasick,the rougher the better for me.Did see lots of Sea Otters though,funny looking critters,lying on there backs eating shellfish,they had it well sussed.I spent couple of hours in a beautiful town called Seldovia,very pretty fishing village with a high population of Inuits,native people.(not sure if thats the right spelling).I would hope to go back some time in the not to distant future after i've been back to Canada of course.Have made lots of friends here so would have plenty of people to visit. Anyway,am glad you had a great Cruise,fine big boat.How long did you go for? My latest trip 273165
Back to top Go down

My latest trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest trip   My latest trip Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 8:45 pm

WOW! How lucky are you.. I have no interest in going on a cruise per say but that one looks like it would be worth it, or at least to visit Alaska. I'd love to visit Ancorage with all the wildlife.. Gorgeous.. Looks like a awesome trip and the otters and whales woudl have been the highlight for me.. Thanks for sharing.. Gorgeous country!
Back to top Go down
RedBaronBPeppy

RedBaronBPeppy

My latest trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest trip   My latest trip Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 9:36 pm

LOVE the pictures!!!!

and im definately super jealous.. :o although i very much enjoyed house and dog-sitting (your house is beautiful by the way), next time i think i will sneak into your suitcase!! :) lol!
Back to top Go down
Tammy

My latest trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest trip   My latest trip Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 10:10 pm

What majestic scenery. Thank you SO much for posting the pictures. I really enjoyed them. I love the idea of the mat in the elevator telling you what day it was. I spent some time in the navy and remember WELL not being able to keep track of time. Funny, isn't it?

The reindeer sure made me laugh. Just laying on the step like a dog. Too funny! You guys were lucky to see as much wildlife as you did. Looked like it was a fantastic cruise.
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

My latest trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest trip   My latest trip Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 11:20 am

Breathtakingly beautiful scenery. Looks like a lovely trip, mypony!!!!! Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
mountaincowgirl

mountaincowgirl

My latest trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest trip   My latest trip Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 11:25 am

Absolutely awesome!!!! I miss the mountains so much however I can't beat being "home" again after being away for nearly 10 years. Glad your trip was great and that all worked out in your favor with the wildlife. My latest trip 368450
Back to top Go down
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

My latest trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest trip   My latest trip Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 11:40 am

WOW.. some very lovely pictures! Looks like you had a wonderful trip. Thanks for sharing the pics.. I know I will not be doing any traveling so I always enjoy seeing others pictures.
Back to top Go down
Simi
Mod
Simi

My latest trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest trip   My latest trip Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 11:50 am

WOW Great Pictures!!!!!!
Thanks for sharing...
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
naughty by nature

My latest trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest trip   My latest trip Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 10:31 pm

great photos a friend of mine took an alaskan cruise and it looks beautiful
Back to top Go down
mypony

My latest trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest trip   My latest trip Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 3:08 pm

I would recommend to anyone that a trip to Alaska is worth it.

Bernadett you went to Nome? That is WAY up north! Too cold for me!

A little advice on taking a cruise. This was my second cruise and each time we had an inside cabin and that is just fine. It would be nice to have a balcony, but I would not pay hundreds more for one. It was nice to go to our room during the day and have a nap. Cause all you really do on a cruise is eat, sleep, eat, sleep and eat, then to bed!
Back to top Go down
Highlander

Highlander

My latest trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest trip   My latest trip Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 6:22 pm

I have'nt heard of Nome Mypony,i did'nt go on cruise i just went to Anchorage and Homer,then back to Vancover for the last day before heading home. Do you get to spend much time in the places you stop at and how long did the cruise last for?
Back to top Go down
mypony

My latest trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest trip   My latest trip Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 9:56 pm

Oh not Nome... it is WAY up north. I don't know if I am spelling it right... Each location that we stopped we spent the day. The cruise was a seven day cruise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My latest trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest trip   My latest trip Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My latest trip
Page 1 of 1