Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

cougar attacks two horses

Go down 
+4
Sooke
cberatheart
just joan
Simi
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Simi
Mod
Simi

cougar attacks two horses Empty
PostSubject: cougar attacks two horses   cougar attacks two horses Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 1:03 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: cougar attacks two horses   cougar attacks two horses Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 1:13 pm

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD...........Where is Whitehead exactly???????? I thought cougars were only on the west coast.......thats not funny..............
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
cberatheart

PostSubject: Re: cougar attacks two horses   cougar attacks two horses Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 2:01 pm

I'm originally from Mabou, Cape Breton and my father has seen a cougar down the road from our house before. People have sighted them on Cape Mabou and Sight Point as well.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: cougar attacks two horses   cougar attacks two horses Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 6:11 pm

Well, I;m hoping they stay on that side of the island with the moose..........
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Sooke

Sooke

PostSubject: Re: cougar attacks two horses   cougar attacks two horses Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 9:30 am

JJ...there was one sighted last spring down at Grand River corners by another former westcoaster...
Back to top Go down
FIREBUG

PostSubject: Re: cougar attacks two horses   cougar attacks two horses Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 1:41 pm

Interesting story. Someone at work mentioned it to me, but I had missed the news story. I've heard a few stories about them in NS. I hope they stay
hiden in the deep on the woods and never get a chance to see one. Coyotes are bad enough.
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: cougar attacks two horses   cougar attacks two horses Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 9:53 pm

What a horrible thing for the horses to have gone through. I can only imagine their terror. The one horse really had alot of deep marks. Poor things.
Back to top Go down
Purple Chaps

PostSubject: Re: cougar attacks two horses   cougar attacks two horses Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 11:16 am

Joan, it's speculated that Cougars are only out West, however there has been lots of sightings all over Ontario even (including too close to home in the Niagara Region, southern Ontario)
I have a great article in a national geographic somewhere in this house about how they are moving eastward and althought thought to be 'extinct' on this side of the country they are actually around, just staying under the radar.
Back to top Go down
lb-ranch

PostSubject: Re: cougar attacks two horses   cougar attacks two horses Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 11:57 am

Spoke to a hunter friend at Church sunday, he said they took a photo of one a few years back and showed it to DNR, they told him that he could have taken the photo anywhere so they still wouldnt take the photo as proof, (this guy is in his 50's and had never been further than NS or NB in his whole life so it was a local pic) His son and Daughter in law also saw one last year while hunting, no bobcat is that large nor does a bobcat have a long tail.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cougar attacks two horses   cougar attacks two horses Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

cougar attacks two horses
Page 1 of 1