Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hurricane Earl

Go down 
+2
C4B's
Freva
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Freva

Freva

Hurricane Earl Empty
PostSubject: Hurricane Earl   Hurricane Earl Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 6:13 pm

It sure sounds like the Maritimes are in for a wild long weekend all thanks to a visit from Earl. It doesn't look like we will be hit too hard in our area of NB but we could really appreciaite the rain that might come along with the storm since it has been very dry.

I was hoping to go to the Paint show in Sussex but the weather may not cooperate. Moody Blue and I have tried to hex Earl away for days!!!

We will move feeders into the corrals where it is a bit more sheltered and the horses can go into the run ins but I bet they will most likely stand out and a good ole natural shower. Stocked up on some food...got bottled water and candles , batteries etc...just in case. Fingers crossed that the weather stays in check long enough for C4B's Rob to get JJ's "parcel" to her today!!!! Hope everyone stays safe and well!!!!

Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
C4B's

C4B's

Hurricane Earl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Earl   Hurricane Earl Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 6:20 pm

Stay safe and well Val.... JJ's parcel is on its way...so excited !!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

Hurricane Earl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Earl   Hurricane Earl Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 6:24 pm

Yes, its hard to tell what we will get - just another maritime storm - guess we will know by Sunday morning!
Hopefully everyone will weather the storm okay - !!
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

Hurricane Earl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Earl   Hurricane Earl Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 8:59 pm

yup we are ready too.. horses stayed out til late tonight, will be in tomorrow for who knows how long.. it's a tad bit cooler out.. still hot in the house.. air conditioner helps... we tied everything down and have our battery packs ready to keep the fridge and freezer going for awhile.. lanterns, candles and portable tv and radio all on standby..
Good luck eveyone and stay safe..
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Hurricane Earl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Earl   Hurricane Earl Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 9:21 pm

I think we'll miss this one. I hope everyone weathers it OK. Stay safe - we'll be thinking of you.
Back to top Go down
Fiere

Fiere

Hurricane Earl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Earl   Hurricane Earl Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 11:02 pm

Stay safe everyone!

I'm on the eastern tip of CB so I don't think we will see much rough stuff, horses are outside for now but the stalls are bedded knee deep and I have extra water everywhere in case the power goes out. Ready for the worst as far as the nags are concerned. Now I am just waiting for the humidity to break and the temp to drop!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hurricane Earl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Earl   Hurricane Earl Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hurricane Earl
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Custom Hats By Sue :: General Topics :: Bert's Diner -for everyday conversations around the coffee pot.-
Jump to: