Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

THE HORSE WITH NO NAME

Go down 
+5
Wissy
Sailorgirl
Fiere
just joan
oldladynewhorse
9 posters
AuthorMessage
oldladynewhorse
Mod
oldladynewhorse

THE HORSE WITH NO NAME Empty
PostSubject: THE HORSE WITH NO NAME   THE HORSE WITH NO NAME Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 10:16 am

I need some help. Most of my friends and horsey people can't seem to get the idea that my horse's name is Ponie and the barn owner has taken to calling her Mabel. I guess I need a new name for her. I have come up with Violet, Bobbie (after my father who pased away 9 years ago), Pie, Tonie and Peonie. Please help me decide as calling her Jayne's mare is not doing it and being a solid Paint her self-esteem is low anyway. LOL

THE HORSE WITH NO NAME 510297
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: THE HORSE WITH NO NAME   THE HORSE WITH NO NAME Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 10:19 am

I VOTE FOR BOBBIE................ THE HORSE WITH NO NAME 757770 AND TELL THE BARN OWNER TO QUIT CALLING HER MABEL. :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Fiere

Fiere

PostSubject: Re: THE HORSE WITH NO NAME   THE HORSE WITH NO NAME Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 10:23 am

Why do you have to change her name? If you call her Ponie then her name is Ponie, regardless of what others think, and I'd make sure people understood that... maybe it is just me.

Though if you must change it Bobbie after your father is nice.
Back to top Go down
Sailorgirl

Sailorgirl

PostSubject: Re: THE HORSE WITH NO NAME   THE HORSE WITH NO NAME Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 10:39 am

My brother-in-law's QH mare's name is Bobbie...I love it !!
Back to top Go down
oldladynewhorse
Mod
oldladynewhorse

PostSubject: Re: THE HORSE WITH NO NAME   THE HORSE WITH NO NAME Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 10:46 am

I am leaning towards Bobbie. If anyone has any other suggestions, let me know. By the way, we are now trotting on the lunge line with someone on her back and she is as smooth as silk!!!! Jogs beauitfully to the left and is a little quicker to the right, no bucks, no hestitation and acts like she has been doing it all her life. I am so happy and pleased with her!!!

:cowgirlride.gi
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: THE HORSE WITH NO NAME   THE HORSE WITH NO NAME Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 11:17 am

yeah for Ponie or Bobbie........ :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: THE HORSE WITH NO NAME   THE HORSE WITH NO NAME Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 1:19 pm

I rarely call Gunnar Gunnar.. Sarah and I call him Po or Ponie.. most all the time..
However I like Bobbie ..
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: THE HORSE WITH NO NAME   THE HORSE WITH NO NAME Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 3:35 pm

I've been through the desert on a horse with no name
felt good to be out of the rain
in the desert who can remember a name

na na nanananana na na na na naaaaaaaaaaaa

Just now thought of this song when I re read your post headline.................
Back to top Go down
oldladynewhorse
Mod
oldladynewhorse

PostSubject: Re: THE HORSE WITH NO NAME   THE HORSE WITH NO NAME Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 3:49 pm

Been singing it all day also JJ. Crazy things that pop into our heads!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
mypony

PostSubject: Re: THE HORSE WITH NO NAME   THE HORSE WITH NO NAME Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 5:22 pm

A horsey friend of mine has a 15 year old mare with a registered name, but no name to use every day. She is known as the mare.

How long have you had this horse with no name?
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: THE HORSE WITH NO NAME   THE HORSE WITH NO NAME Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 5:28 pm

lol...we had a cat called Dog once upon a time!!!!!! I have rather grown fond of the name Ponie...which is 10X better than Mabel!!! I know your dad would have loved the mare and would think it grand to have her named Bobbie!!! I can picture him smilin'!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
oldladynewhorse
Mod
oldladynewhorse

PostSubject: Re: THE HORSE WITH NO NAME   THE HORSE WITH NO NAME Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 5:40 pm

I have owned her since March so not a long time without a name except for Ponie. I can name other people's horses no problem. Last one I named was an Appy filly who's Dam was named Blossom and I came up with Fleury. (You I know French for flower and she looked like a snow storm hit her butt). My mare has difficult for to name some reason. I think she will be Bobbie.
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: THE HORSE WITH NO NAME   THE HORSE WITH NO NAME Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 6:18 pm

I LOVE the name Ponie and wouldn't change it for anybody. Instead I'd get a BIG stall sign that says PONIE, wear t-shirts, sweatshirts or whatever that say MY HORSE'S NAME IS PONIE.

My second choice would be Violet because after all she IS the Purple Ponie. I'd shorten Violet to Vi, which can also be spelled vie, which means life in french (I believe - it's been awhile since I had the french hubby. tee hee!) After all, our horses are our life!
Back to top Go down
oldladynewhorse
Mod
oldladynewhorse

PostSubject: Re: THE HORSE WITH NO NAME   THE HORSE WITH NO NAME Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 9:02 pm

Secretly I am still calling her Ponie cause that is what is she is. My Purple Ponie!!! I just can't seem to get Bobbie out. The barn owner is calling her Bobbie which is fine. It's close enough to Ponie. Thanks everyone for the help. I think the horse with no name will remain Ponie to me and Bobbie to anyone who can't handle it. LOL
Back to top Go down
morgansRgreat

morgansRgreat

PostSubject: Re: THE HORSE WITH NO NAME   THE HORSE WITH NO NAME Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 2:12 pm

I agree with Tammy. Get a big stall sign with P O N I E on it. If your BO is that stubborn or dim witted, then that's his/her problem not yours and definitely not Ponie's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE HORSE WITH NO NAME   THE HORSE WITH NO NAME Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE HORSE WITH NO NAME
Page 1 of 1