Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Please atleast read!

Go down 
+4
oldladynewhorse
just joan
Flicka
MSFarm
8 posters
AuthorMessage
MSFarm

Please atleast read! Empty
PostSubject: Please atleast read!   Please atleast read! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 11:48 am

This is for real.

I was looking at some horses in the pens at Camelot horse auction.

But I need some help!

I need either some people to help with donations to help get the horse out of the kill pen.

people to help find an place where it can go for OT (Where it can be by its self for amonth so if it has any sickness or anything we can catch it before it gets home)

People to help find good but fairly priced (UNDER 1000$!) trailering to atleast the CAN/US boarder!

I can get my trailer close to the boarder but can't across it as paper work is not ready yet.

And if you can't help out in those ways, prayers can also be used.

the horses are in NJ

ANY help is needed!

even if you can't donate, see if you know someone who can.
Everyone know donates will be thanked and updated and whatever else you want!
I'll even send ou personal thank you letters to each person/group who donates!
the dead line for the Kill pen is... tonight or tomorrow at lunch...
So this all has to happen FAST!

Even if someone can't help out money wise but can trailer from the Boarder to Moncton.

Anything, big or Small is needed.

for the horse is it 390$(with Coggins and other bills in there)

Pony was saved!

The Horse
Please atleast read! 46310_165451560131987_159567607387049_592935_2062529_n

Last edited by MSFarm on Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.mountainsandranch.webs.com/
Flicka

PostSubject: Re: Please atleast read!   Please atleast read! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 12:35 pm

Is this so you can bring them up here? I've seen some of the other horses they have, and would LOVE to bring them up, but it's the cost of bringing them from there all the way up here.
Back to top Go down
MSFarm

PostSubject: Re: Please atleast read!   Please atleast read! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 12:38 pm

yes I know....

I have about 3 rescues in the States that are thinking of funraising and talking to some other people around NB.

right now I'm working with my money to try to get it into the right spot to send to the people to get the Horse out of the Kill pen. I think we will only be able to save one so its the Horse.
Back to top Go down
Flicka

PostSubject: Re: Please atleast read!   Please atleast read! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 12:44 pm

Did you figure out what it would cost on top of the horse to bring them up here?
Back to top Go down
MSFarm

PostSubject: Re: Please atleast read!   Please atleast read! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 1:40 pm

There are a few people still looking for a trailer ride so not yet.
and others are seting up OT for me at good prices.

But my paypal is not agreeing with my bank. I DO have the money for tha bail today.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Please atleast read!   Please atleast read! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 2:25 pm

YOU GUYS SHOULD TALK TO ROCKINGHORSE RANCH.........she brings them up from that kill pen and tries to find homes etc for them......she is on facebook........
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Please atleast read!   Please atleast read! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 2:28 pm

facebook is under her own name........Dale Paulette Stone...............she brings them up all the time........talki to her.
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
MSFarm

PostSubject: Re: Please atleast read!   Please atleast read! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 2:31 pm

we have been going back and forth.
her trailer guy just left last week...

:(
Back to top Go down
MSFarm

PostSubject: Re: Please atleast read!   Please atleast read! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 3:56 pm

This Awesome boy has Been bailed out!
no one seems to know who did but he has been!

Sending out a huge thank you to whoever did!

:cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
oldladynewhorse
Mod
oldladynewhorse

PostSubject: Re: Please atleast read!   Please atleast read! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 5:34 pm

I would love to save one of theses horses one day but it is the cost of QT and transport that is the kicker. I applaud MSfarm for her effort and hope that she can save a horse from this horrible place in the future. Thank you for trying!!!

Please atleast read! 561245
Back to top Go down
MSFarm

PostSubject: Re: Please atleast read!   Please atleast read! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 5:45 pm

thank you.
I would try to save one but my the bank acount going into my paypal is on hold for some unknown reason that I have to go yell at the bank for....

Wish some other people were more... happy about me wanting to save a horse from Camelot but they think I'm stupid for doing so and should only save ones around here.
Yes it would save money, but there are not as many horses around here going for slaughter at the end of each week.
Just to save one from Camelot would make me happy.

But unless an other one really really tugs on me, I'm going to try to hold off untill next year when I get another barn or two up. If I can wait.
as over the winter I might be getting two horses in for consignment.
Back to top Go down
oldladynewhorse
Mod
oldladynewhorse

PostSubject: Re: Please atleast read!   Please atleast read! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 5:57 pm

I replied on the other place also. I was also upset with the comments that were made. I breathe a big sigh of relief every Saturday when I see all have been saved.

Please atleast read! 757770
Back to top Go down
lb-ranch

PostSubject: Re: Please atleast read!   Please atleast read! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 6:04 pm

MSFarm wrote:

but there are not as many horses around here going for slaughter at the end of each week.

locally there was a truck load 10-12 per week going to quebec for slaughter or the other auction up there where they still mostly ended up back at the slaughter plant anyways. The numbers may slow down for a while as the new regulation of providing 6 months health info means less are going right now till they figure out how to circumvent that bit of paperwork history. Go to sussex on a wednesday auction day and there will be something there to tug the heart strings, I know, I've brought several home over the years for prices from $40-$200. The Camelot site sounds good but there is also alot of money donated and no real tracking of it dollar for dollar, kindof makes me a little skeptical.
Realistically I'd say between the standardbreds getting shipped at the end of the racing season to quebec for slaughter, the dealer ones going and the auction ones picked up to go, there is probably at least 40 per week at the Quebec slaughter plant that are "local" horses.
Back to top Go down
MSFarm

PostSubject: Re: Please atleast read!   Please atleast read! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 6:24 pm

thats the first time I've every heard of it.
if you don't know you can't help

But I'm interested in the "Sussex Wed auction day"

Is it like every month? every week?
Is it for everything? is there a certain day horses aer brought in?
Back to top Go down
SemiCharmed

PostSubject: Re: Please atleast read!   Please atleast read! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 6:43 pm

Another local venue is the Truro Sale Barn (pretty sure I have the name wrong, but it's what people I know call it) in Salmon River just outside Truro. They have a livestock sale every Thursday and (it used to be anyway - I haven't been in a few years) especially this time of year a fair number of horses go through, some in better shape than others.

Pretty sure this is where Santa found my son's pony Cocoa... Just saying.
Back to top Go down
lb-ranch

PostSubject: Re: Please atleast read!   Please atleast read! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 7:50 pm

the sussex auction is every other wednesday start used to be noon but I dont know now, havent been in a couple years but I know people who go just about every sale, not sure what week they're currently on but I could find out for you, Truro is every Thrusday, horses usually after goats/sheep/hogs which used to start those at 2pm so roughly 3-4 before getting to horses (Maritime Cattle market was its name before it was purchased last year, I think it's now Atlantic Livestock Market) Horses at both but more are on trailers out in the yard that never go through the sale, just wander around looking in backs of trailers then find the driver and most of the time they'll deal straight off the truck. Horses by the pound at the truro sale I've seen .05 to 10 cents so a 800 lb thin stb might be $80, by the head very rare to see anything over $400, ponies usually under $200 Be ware!!! some of them come in pretty rough shape and being irritated with whomever is bringing them in may jack the price or they just wont sell to you. I always stay polite and business like even if I'd like to take the owner out and put them in the same condition their animals are in.
Back to top Go down
MSFarm

PostSubject: Re: Please atleast read!   Please atleast read! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 9:12 pm

I might have to take a trip up to Sussex even to just get a look around.
where is the auction in Sussex? at PLP?
Back to top Go down
lb-ranch

PostSubject: Re: Please atleast read!   Please atleast read! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 9:18 pm

cant remember what road it's on but it's right down the road from the CoOp feeds store
Back to top Go down
charlo

PostSubject: Re: Please atleast read!   Please atleast read! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 7:21 am

Sussex is every wed...not sure the time, I could find out though.
It is behind the downtown on a side street, beside the train tracks, near the coop. Coming from the PLP it it the last road on the left before the train tracks on the main road.
There isn't a lot of horses there, though last week there was either a morgan or something that looks like a morgan...it sold to a family. I was told it could of made a nice horse, so hopefully it works out for the buyers.
Back to top Go down
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

PostSubject: Re: Please atleast read!   Please atleast read! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 10:09 am

I had a random person add me to facebook awhile back who was associated with saving horses from the Camelot feed lot. I had to remove her because I was being inundated with horses who needed to be saved and I don't have the funds/room to have anymore horses.

When you figure everything in....cost of 'bail', trailering from the US, health clearances to get across the boarder, etc its going to add up. I see horses on our local kijiji weekly that could use saving in NS and NB. You can always start there. If you really have your heart set on an auction save, contact Roger McInnis I'm sure he would be happy to bring something back from Quebec for you and like the others said, Truro and Sussex sometimes have horses. There's a lot you can do locally to make a difference. People just get sucked in with Camelot because its been made big online.
Back to top Go down
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

PostSubject: Re: Please atleast read!   Please atleast read! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 10:11 am

Also, I think the reason your having issues with your Paypal is because if you don't have a credit card verifited on the account it usually takes 5-10 business days for the funds that you transfer from your bank account to your Paypal account to become available.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please atleast read!   Please atleast read! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Please atleast read!
Page 1 of 1