Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is your horse Starch/sugar intolerant??

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bay-Lee

Bay-Lee

Is your horse Starch/sugar intolerant?? Empty
PostSubject: Is your horse Starch/sugar intolerant??   Is your horse Starch/sugar intolerant?? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 12:49 pm

Bay-Lee is, 3 falls ago he was on Hi fat hi fiber, well, I thought he was going to jump out of his skin, My summer barn owner was giving him a hand full of feed once and awhile for a treat, I knew right away without her telling my. I put Bay-Lee on Soya-Meal this fall, and he is going through the roof, Before feeding it, I called the company to find out the Starch/Sugar %, and it had 0.03% starch, well, I thought, he will only be getting 1/2 cup a day to get him ready fro winter. well, he was taken off of it this morning..So I was wondering if this is common in horses, and mabye some people think their horse is jumpy, or nervous and all this time its the starch..
Back to top Go down
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

PostSubject: Re: Is your horse Starch/sugar intolerant??   Is your horse Starch/sugar intolerant?? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 12:53 pm

I can't feed Arrow Equilizer by Purina - doesn't bother the other guys at all - his eyes almost come out of his head after 3 days on it...not good....!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

PostSubject: Re: Is your horse Starch/sugar intolerant??   Is your horse Starch/sugar intolerant?? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 1:37 pm

Something like 85% of the worlds soy is genetically modified, so that's a little scary. I know it can do bad things to hormones, in humans too. I wouldn't feed it. Most, if not all commercial feeds contain soy.
Back to top Go down
RedBaronBPeppy

RedBaronBPeppy

PostSubject: Re: Is your horse Starch/sugar intolerant??   Is your horse Starch/sugar intolerant?? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 4:29 pm

horses dont have the enzyme that is required to break down starch, so it is very difficult to digest it, therefore they should not be fed a diet that is too high in starch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is your horse Starch/sugar intolerant??   Is your horse Starch/sugar intolerant?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is your horse Starch/sugar intolerant??
Page 1 of 1