Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Straw Bale Construction

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

Straw Bale Construction  Empty
PostSubject: Straw Bale Construction    Straw Bale Construction  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 3:14 pm

Anyone have any experience with this and care to share?
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: Straw Bale Construction    Straw Bale Construction  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 6:42 pm

Straw bale construction as in erecting a structure...if so there are a few houses that have been built in our area. We live near the Fall Brook Centre and there is a gent there that specilizes in building straw bale homes etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Straw Bale Construction    Straw Bale Construction  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 4:06 pm

I've only seen it on tv but they look amazing and are supposed to be quite energy efficient.
Back to top Go down
HHSES

PostSubject: Re: Straw Bale Construction    Straw Bale Construction  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 6:23 pm

There was one built down the road from me back home (in Ont.) and it seemed nice. However I would be concerned about fire, mould, rodents...
Back to top Go down
http://www.hhsoundequinesolutions.com
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

PostSubject: Re: Straw Bale Construction    Straw Bale Construction  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 12:58 pm

Freva wrote:
Straw bale construction as in erecting a structure...if so there are a few houses that have been built in our area. We live near the Fall Brook Centre and there is a gent there that specilizes in building straw bale homes etc.
Cool, I'll get in contact with the centre Freva. My boyfriend and I have noticed a few courses on mushroom picking and other topics that the centre offers but its such a drive from us we've never actually made it to one.

Quote :
There was one built down the road from me back home (in Ont.) and it seemed nice. However I would be concerned about fire, mould, rodents...
From what I understand they have better fire and mould ratings then regular houses.

I want to build a couple of stalls on the back wall of my runin and was considering straw bale construction but I need them built before March and you need warm weather for the stucco to dry, so, it won't be happening. Maybe someday when I build a new house/barn I'll consider it again :). I love the look of them!
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: Straw Bale Construction    Straw Bale Construction  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 3:43 pm

The family at the Falls Brook Centre have been residing in their home since 2003, I believe and from pics, it looks very homey and very energy efficient. The Centre is very green oriented, an informative spot. Please know if you ever wanted to come this way for a course, you would be welcome to stay with us!!!! We are about 1/2 hours from FallsBrook!

http://www.fallsbrookcentre.ca/contact-us The gent who does the straw bale construction workshops is Leland Wong-Daugherty.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Straw Bale Construction    Straw Bale Construction  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Straw Bale Construction
Page 1 of 1