Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cloth Diapers

Go down 
+2
Freva
mypony
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mypony

Cloth Diapers Empty
PostSubject: Cloth Diapers   Cloth Diapers Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 8:30 pm

Who here has used them?
Would you recommend them?
Are they messy?

And if a friend has them, and was getting rid of them, would you use used ones?

Oh the reason I am asking is that I am expecting a baby in mid-April or when ever the stork drops it off...
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

Cloth Diapers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloth Diapers   Cloth Diapers Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 10:29 pm

Cloth Diapers 847652 , mypony!!!! That is wonderful news. Although it has been many years since I had little one's in diapers, I did, in fact use cloth diapers for my first son and switched to disposables for the next baby. That was also a while before the dangers to the enviroment really came to light. If I had to do it again, I do believe I would go with cloth and liners. Definitely more work with the laundring but better for the future. As for using the used "diddies", if I knew exactly who and where they were coming from and after a fresh bleach wash...yes...I would.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
Tango

Cloth Diapers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloth Diapers   Cloth Diapers Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 7:39 am

Cloth Diapers 847652

I used cloth for my kids. With my first two girls it was no problem. We were in a little trailer and I kept the diaper pail in the bathroom, just rinsed what needed rinsing in the toilet. The washer was right there so dumped it all in a hot wash and hung them to dry. With my son we had moved into the grandmothers house. I tried cloth with him for awhile but ended up going disposable. The washer was on a different level from the bathroom so that was akward and with his different plumbing, he seemed to leak more. It could also have been he was the third to use the diapers. For all I used disposable at night.

I tried the old fashioned pin ones and the fitted velcro diapers. The fitted ones by far the best. There is/was a company I think called Baby love? it is Alberta based and I ordered some rubber type pants which I really liked - I think they are a bit breathable.

I'd use disposables when travelling, but I really did like the cloth and would say give it a try.

Back to top Go down
Pink Lady

Cloth Diapers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloth Diapers   Cloth Diapers Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 11:28 pm

Cloth Diapers 847652

I have used both cloth for home and disposable when between homes. We moved every few years when the kids where young.I love my cloth ones they where fitted and had and extra pad for night. I also had breathable pants for day and heavier rubber pants for night. Yes I used them all night long. I have one girl and three boys so washed lots of diapers :) I would reuse them from someone else. However be careful about using bleach. If I remember right it was not reccomened with the ones I had. I used vinegar in my pail and wash.

Yes they are a bit more messy but worth it. Saves you money and a lot better for the enviroment.
Back to top Go down
mypony

Cloth Diapers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloth Diapers   Cloth Diapers Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 10:06 am

Thanks for the replies everyone. I am getting pretty excited!!!!

The more and more I learn about cloth diapers, the more interested I become. They are not going to be something I use ALL the time, but around the house, why not? If it saves a bit of money... I am all for it!

Back to top Go down
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

Cloth Diapers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloth Diapers   Cloth Diapers Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 10:26 am

I realy can not advise you on Cloth vs disposable.. as my reference would come from the 80's & 90's. And I used disposables.. not because of extra mess or work, but it seemed then, that those babies in cloth always had diaper rash issues.. my kids didn't. But I am sure there are many changes in the material used to make the diapers, plus detergents are nicer now too.
I do want to wish you BIG congrats!!!! :congratulation
Back to top Go down
munchmom

Cloth Diapers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloth Diapers   Cloth Diapers Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 1:06 pm

I used nothing but cloth except for visits to gramma's house. No issues with diaper rash, loved freshly washed cloth diapers and even loved folding them! Yeah weird I know.

My issues with disposables are twofold. 1. they are filled with a chemical powder that turns to gel when it absorbs moisture (keeps baby dry!) I would not want that next to my babies reproductive system for long periods of time 2. much harder to toilet train babies when they never feel wet. My two were toilet trained well before they were two years old.
Back to top Go down
Pink Lady

Cloth Diapers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloth Diapers   Cloth Diapers Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 2:58 pm

MoonShadow my kids were in cloth diapers in the 80's and 90's I never had a issue with diaper rash. Maybe it was because I washed them in vinegar and did not use bleach.

munchmom I will never forget the day the kids in the neighbour hood were all playing in the little pool having a blast. When one of the disposables broke and all the little balls of gel were floating around the pool. Two of the kids had to go to the hospital because of the rash they developed. One kid being mine and the other the kid with the disposable on. From then on no disposable in my wading pool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cloth Diapers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloth Diapers   Cloth Diapers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cloth Diapers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Custom Hats By Sue :: General Topics :: Bert's Diner -for everyday conversations around the coffee pot.-
Jump to: