Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mattress Hunting - Need Suggestions

Go down 
+3
just joan
Wissy
SexyDexy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

Mattress Hunting - Need Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Mattress Hunting - Need Suggestions   Mattress Hunting - Need Suggestions Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 12:31 pm

I bought a brand new Sealy Posturpedic mattress set less than 5 years ago and it is the most horrible bed ever! I am so dissapointed in the quality, the thing is severely sagging in the middle (even with nobody on it) and since it is a pillow top you can't flip it. Mattress Hunting - Need Suggestions 474306 It wasn't cheap either. I bought it on sale for $1100. What a waste of money that was.

So now I am looking for a new mattress set. My back is aching every morning and half the time I move onto the couch in the middle of the night. I was looking at a few yesterday but I'm clueless. Does anyone have some reccomendations? I looked at a foam mattress (not memory foam just high density foam) and it was really nice and firm. I'm wondering if it will be like that in a few years though?

Any opinions out there???
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Mattress Hunting - Need Suggestions   Mattress Hunting - Need Suggestions Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 2:39 pm

aren't they quaranteed for 20 yrs or something.. take it back.. that's way to much money to throw out the door.. whatever you buy make sure you can get sheets to fit it properly as well, we have a new bed and the sheets are all to big.. fit ones that is.. pisses me right off..
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Mattress Hunting - Need Suggestions   Mattress Hunting - Need Suggestions Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 7:18 am

I love the memory foam.......not the cheap just foam , but the real memory foams........no pressure points, no bouce, just sink in and be happy.......
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
C4B's

C4B's

PostSubject: Re: Mattress Hunting - Need Suggestions   Mattress Hunting - Need Suggestions Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 9:26 am

I have a TEMPUR memory foam bed and it is nearly 10 years old and me and Rob have slept on it all this time and it is still as good as new...very expensive but i think worth every penny !!!! they take a bit of getting used too but we loved it !!!! i did not know when Rob moved at night and i did not roll towards him.. we brought it because we were waking up like cripples every morning !!!! and it was amazing !!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

PostSubject: Re: Mattress Hunting - Need Suggestions   Mattress Hunting - Need Suggestions Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 9:27 am

Just an idea but why not come and stay for a fews nights and try it out !!!!
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: Mattress Hunting - Need Suggestions   Mattress Hunting - Need Suggestions Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 9:52 am

OK, but does that mean I have to share the bed with Rob? Mattress Hunting - Need Suggestions 5543

I was going to take a trip into the city and check out the Simmons Mattress place. Dad got his there and loves it. I've been reading up on the natural laytex foam and they are supposed to last a lot longer than coil mattresses. I've never slept on memory foam, I'm sure it's nice, but I'm weirded out by the all the chemicals used to produce it. It supposedly off gases for years.

Mariea - all the warranty's on beds are pro-rated. The saleslady told me when I bought it that even though it had a 15 year warranty, after a few years you're only going to get 1-200 dollars out of it. She pretty much admitted the warranties were useless unless the thing started popping springs after a month. I rather keep it for the dogs to use in the basement. lol!
Back to top Go down
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

PostSubject: Re: Mattress Hunting - Need Suggestions   Mattress Hunting - Need Suggestions Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 10:32 am

I can't recommend any mattress, but I can say.. DON"T get a Kings Down.. THEY SUCK!!! We purchased ours new a few years ago, and it is doing the same thing yours is doing. And of course you can not flip it. I think we as consumers have to some how tell the mattress companies we want them to flip!!! And our warranty is a pro rate crap thing too. Hubby says our next one will be a cheapo. Can't be any worse.

Good luck. Let us know what you find out.

Just a note.. I would be freaked out too about memory foam and gases.. lol..
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Mattress Hunting - Need Suggestions   Mattress Hunting - Need Suggestions Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 12:55 pm

memory foam gases can't be worse than human gases.. can they???
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

PostSubject: Re: Mattress Hunting - Need Suggestions   Mattress Hunting - Need Suggestions Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 1:59 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH !!!!!
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Mattress Hunting - Need Suggestions   Mattress Hunting - Need Suggestions Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 8:40 pm

OMG Wissy - I was thinking the same thing! Memory foam has NOTHING on Gord, I'm sure! I also have a pillow top and hate the fact that it can't be flipped. Instead I turn it end for end every few months but it still has dents where we both sleep. Now Fronie has a mattress to die for. You just float when you're laying on it. I'll see what kind it is.
Back to top Go down
teekathepony

teekathepony

PostSubject: Re: Mattress Hunting - Need Suggestions   Mattress Hunting - Need Suggestions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 1:03 pm

SexyDexy wrote:
I bought a brand new Sealy Posturpedic mattress set less than 5 years ago and it is the most horrible bed ever! I am so dissapointed in the quality, the thing is severely sagging in the middle (even with nobody on it) and since it is a pillow top you can't flip it. Mattress Hunting - Need Suggestions 474306 It wasn't cheap either. I bought it on sale for $1100. What a waste of money that was.

Ohhhh oh no, don't tell me that! That's what I have and it's only a year old! I LOVE it, and when I saw your topic title that is what I was going to suggest... oh I so hope mine holds up!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mattress Hunting - Need Suggestions   Mattress Hunting - Need Suggestions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mattress Hunting - Need Suggestions
Page 1 of 1