Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Looking for tricks...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Loves Color

Loves Color

Looking for tricks... Empty
PostSubject: Looking for tricks...   Looking for tricks... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 9:31 am

I have a Boston Terrier with a broken back foot and keeping her splint on her has become impossible. I have used every trick that I can come up with ... sock over splint, no chew on sock and splint, one of those large plastic collars, and right now she has a pair of baby sleepers on with the foot hole stitched closed on the bad foot and the top sewed to her collar. I truly am expecting to see the splint off when I get home; but, am hoping that it is not. Does anyone have any other tricks up their sleeve?
Back to top Go down
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

PostSubject: Re: Looking for tricks...   Looking for tricks... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 10:18 am

You can go to a local butcher and buy (or get for free!) raw beef bones for her to chew on. This may help to take her mind off wanting to chew/remove the splint. They are filled with marrow and keep my dogs busy for hours.
Back to top Go down
Loves Color

Loves Color

PostSubject: Re: Looking for tricks...   Looking for tricks... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 10:27 am

Forgot to mention that she has a knog that I filled with peanut butter; but, I'll try anthing. So off to the meat counter I go.
Back to top Go down
Dun Tru

Dun Tru

PostSubject: Re: Looking for tricks...   Looking for tricks... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 10:59 am

The peanut butter in the kong works great - especially if you freeze it :D Takes her a bit longer to get through it then, as well as nylabones, great and safe for her to chew on. And as for keeping the splint on, is there anyway you can make a bit of a strap to go over her back to hold it up?? And if the plastic collar didn't work it was likely that it was too small if she could still reach around and get to the splint.
Back to top Go down
http://www.meadowbrookstables.8k.com
Loves Color

Loves Color

PostSubject: Re: Looking for tricks...   Looking for tricks... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 11:41 am

Not sure how I would get it up over her back; but, I will think about that one. Never thought to freeze the peanut butter, in the freezer with that tonight. As far as the collor thing, any bigger and I don't think she would be able to walk without it hitting the ground.
Back to top Go down
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

PostSubject: Re: Looking for tricks...   Looking for tricks... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 2:27 pm

If you do use a muzzel (like they are recommending on the other board) make sure you don't leave your dog unsupervised with it on. I know of someone who left there dog at home alone with a muzzle on and it suffocated and died.
Back to top Go down
Loves Color

Loves Color

PostSubject: Re: Looking for tricks...   Looking for tricks... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 6:19 pm

Believe it or not I am home and the pj's have worked so far.

Barefoot thanks for the heads up. I have contacted the pet store closed to me and they have the soft collars, I think I will take a look at them.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for tricks...   Looking for tricks... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for tricks...
Page 1 of 1