Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How sad is this whole situation!

Go down 
+6
mountaincowgirl
teekathepony
FIREBUG
Bay-Lee
Wissy
HHSES
10 posters
AuthorMessage

How sad is this whole situation! Empty
PostSubject: How sad is this whole situation!   How sad is this whole situation! Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 4:18 pm

This literally makes me want to sit here and cry! I cannot understand people to save my soul! First things first look how skinny the dear thing is, and then to have a good sized child on her back.. Just breaks my heart for this little filly... Makes me want to go and get her and feed her and love her just so she can know what it's like to have proper care. :(

http://newbrunswick.kijiji.ca/c-pets-livestock-for-sale-Yearling-W0QQAdIdZ280047183
Back to top Go down
HHSES

PostSubject: Re: How sad is this whole situation!   How sad is this whole situation! Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 5:57 am

Ugh...that's one for Fugly Horse of The Day for sure! (I mean for the bad horse-keeping skills, not that the horse is terribly fugly)
Doesn't look like a yearling! More like a weanling! Are there any animal control services that can be contacted about this situation?
(and I'd like to slap that smug look of that girl in all the pics too!)

And what makes this 'yearling' worth $1200 anyways?
Back to top Go down
http://www.hhsoundequinesolutions.com
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: How sad is this whole situation!   How sad is this whole situation! Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 7:14 am

I was thinking the same thing.. wow.. looks like a weanling to me too... and she is thin.. holy.. what is the matter with some people.. really .. do they just not see it!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Bay-Lee

Bay-Lee

PostSubject: Re: How sad is this whole situation!   How sad is this whole situation! Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 7:40 am

ouffff, Thats why I cannot look at Kijiji ads anymore, there are to many pityful looking horses.... How sad is this whole situation! 474306 :36_1_38[1].gif
Back to top Go down
FIREBUG

PostSubject: Re: How sad is this whole situation!   How sad is this whole situation! Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 8:31 am

Grr... I wish I had pasture and more money right now. Poor little one just needs TLC.
Back to top Go down
teekathepony

teekathepony

PostSubject: Re: How sad is this whole situation!   How sad is this whole situation! Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 10:20 am

That's awful... :(
Back to top Go down
mountaincowgirl

mountaincowgirl

PostSubject: Re: How sad is this whole situation!   How sad is this whole situation! Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 2:30 pm

Cute little bugger as a babe... Those last pictures made her look great... Some people should not be allowed to breed anything, themselves included. The worst part is it`s really not that hard to keep a horse in any kind of shape. A good worming and some unlimited round bale feeding would do that filly a world of good!

Back to top Go down
teekathepony

teekathepony

PostSubject: Re: How sad is this whole situation!   How sad is this whole situation! Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 4:17 pm

I notice they removed the picture of the filly with the girl on her back.
Back to top Go down
HHSES

PostSubject: Re: How sad is this whole situation!   How sad is this whole situation! Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 8:04 pm

I responded to the kijiji ad as follows:

Quote :
Hi,
Your filly for sale looks awefully small and thin, are you sure you mean yearling and not weanling? What breed is she? Is she registered? Also I don't think that at her young age she should be carting children around as her bones in her joints have not set yet and you are setting her up for the possibility of long term lameness that can be easily prevented.
Thanks, Heather

The ad poster responded:

Quote :
she is only 7 months old in those pictures and the children were only set on her the one time and for a very short time. I am aware of the dangers of putting weight on a young horses back. She is a paint. She did not cart the children around they only sat on her and it was a one time shot. She is a very well portioned and has excellent feet.

I hope that her good portions and feet set her up for success in the future!
Back to top Go down
http://www.hhsoundequinesolutions.com
Simi
Mod
Simi

PostSubject: Re: How sad is this whole situation!   How sad is this whole situation! Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 8:26 am

My Friend offer to buy her but she wont go low on the price..
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
mountaincowgirl

mountaincowgirl

PostSubject: Re: How sad is this whole situation!   How sad is this whole situation! Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 1:15 pm

Does not surprise me Simi... If they think they can earn a dollar. I don't understand why people think that a wormy, underweight, weanling would be worth more than a well adjusted, broke, healthy horse.

Some people just have no reason. They look at the going prices and assume that people will purchase for the same amount, because it has four legs and is breathing. The worst part is the purchase price will probably be the lowest $$ amount. It will take some time and money to bring it back up to where it should be at that age. You can't talk reason though.

How sad is this whole situation! 552227
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How sad is this whole situation!   How sad is this whole situation! Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 11:55 pm

Well I called the SPCA the day I posted this, and they were sending the SPCA out to the place to look into it. I did not give any of my own info but then again I don't really care if they found out who reported them. I'm sure I am not the only one. I cannot handle this crap.. Dear little thing, I'd love to bring her home and feed her and just watch her grown. It's sad.. This filly is registered etc, pretty sad she doesn't need to look like that. I just do not understand what is wrong with people's brains!

Anyhow I hope they looked into the situation and I reported it to KIJIJI as well.. I've never ever done that but good lord it really is starting to get to me how many cruel things are taking place out there.. It's just not fair .
Back to top Go down
Flicka

PostSubject: Re: How sad is this whole situation!   How sad is this whole situation! Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 9:33 am

I just looked at the ad, and they updated the add with:

"SOLD, thanks kijiji"

I hope she went to a good home, but does this just teach them to do it again so they can keep making money.
Back to top Go down
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

PostSubject: Re: How sad is this whole situation!   How sad is this whole situation! Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 1:22 pm

Are you kidding me? I've called the SPCA MULTIPLE times on horses in much worse condition then that filly and they do NOTHING.

I hope this filly was sold on to a good/loving home. Calling the SPCA is a total waste of time, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: How sad is this whole situation!   How sad is this whole situation! Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 10:09 am

It IS sad but unfortunately it happens everywhere. A friend of mine rescued two NL ponies yesterday. I popped down to see them. The yearling looks like a weanling and still nursed off his mom. Both of their halters were really tight. The colt had the same halter on that he'd had at 2 months of age. When they finally got it off him (he was as wild as can be), skin came with it. He has sores all over the halter area. Poor wee thing. Luckily there are people around that are able to save some of these animals. It's heartbreaking.
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: How sad is this whole situation!   How sad is this whole situation! Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 7:42 am

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR.. What the Bleeding heart is wrong with some people.. I'm with Mountaincowgirl... some people should not breed anything including themselves..
leaving a halter on until it needs to cut off is just plain freaking dumb.. How sad is this whole situation! 989857
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How sad is this whole situation!   How sad is this whole situation! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How sad is this whole situation!
Page 1 of 1