Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dry, crusty ears

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tammy

Dry, crusty ears Empty
PostSubject: Dry, crusty ears   Dry, crusty ears Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 9:18 am

Hey Gang! Looking for some suggestions to treat dry ears. The skin on Stretch's ears is very dry (and scaley) on the tips and also inside. What do you suggest putting on them to return them to "normal"?
Back to top Go down
withaTwist

withaTwist

Dry, crusty ears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dry, crusty ears   Dry, crusty ears Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 9:35 am

MTG, mineral oil, or fiskes?
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

Dry, crusty ears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dry, crusty ears   Dry, crusty ears Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 10:01 am

When you say dry and scaley, is it all over or in patches? George has an ear fungus (eww, I know) called Aural plaques. Google them to see what they look like. It's contaigous too so now Dex and Prince are starting to get them. Sometimes they are painful (George's are) and they can spread into a big nasty mess.

I'm going to try a product, if I can get it, called Dermafas which is supposed to work on all kinds of skin conditions. Supposed to be one of the only things that works on clearing up plaques. So far I've only seen it in the states.

If Stretch's is only dry skin though I would think something like mineral oil would help it.

Back to top Go down
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

Dry, crusty ears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dry, crusty ears   Dry, crusty ears Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 5:04 pm

I have found that babys Zincofax works wonders on all kinds of different sking afflictions. ( If it is not Aural plaques) Might be worth a try. It works great on Rain rot. and small skin abrasions.
I also use Bag Balm with tea tree oil mixed in it. That concoction has a "Large aroma", and if your horse is scent sensitive might be a challenge to get it on his ears.
Back to top Go down
Chickenlittle

Chickenlittle

Dry, crusty ears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dry, crusty ears   Dry, crusty ears Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 2:24 am

I was on Fiske's website....and sounds like this product works for just about everything..it's natural and safe. I'm trying it on my mare's itchy tail....and will be trying it regarding fly protection. Just an idea...seems to have rave reviews!
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Dry, crusty ears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dry, crusty ears   Dry, crusty ears Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 8:30 pm

I'm trying the mineral oil right now - mainly because I have it on hand. His tail is itchy though and almost all the hair is rubbed off the top so let me know how the fiske's works.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dry, crusty ears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dry, crusty ears   Dry, crusty ears Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dry, crusty ears
Page 1 of 1